The International Court Just Ruled On The Gaza Alleged Genocide Case

connda

1 minute ago, connda said:

You probably can't find it on Western MSM.  But I just watched it live.  They listed 6 immediate measure including lifting the humanitarian blockade. 

Is DW Western MSM?

• Confused 1

These are the main points from the World Court in The Hague.

• The court says it has jurisdiction to rule in the case.
  • It orders Israel to take measures to prevent acts of genocide in Gaza - it must report back in a month.
  • Israel must prevent and punish incitement to genocide.
  • The court says Israel must allow humanitarian aid into Gaza.
  • Israel is obliged to take more measures to protect Palestinians but does not order it to end military operations.

6 minutes ago, retarius said:

Well done South Africa. Now lets have some boycotts , divestments and sanctions on this vile Israeli regime.

Those things are already in place and have been in place for a long time .

Are you on Hamas's side ?

Those guys who are holding a one year old baby as hostage 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, retarius said:

Well done South Africa. Now lets have some boycotts , divestments and sanctions on this vile Israeli regime.

Yeah, go Hamas!

Edited by sungod
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

Those things are already in place and have been in place for a long time .

Are you on Hamas's side ?

Those guys who are holding a one year old baby as hostage 

I want the Palestinians to get a fair deal....that means I am not on Israel's side. I'd like to see the laws for war obeyed. And no I don't condone holding a baby of one year old as a hostage, obviously is a barbaric thing to do...it's obviously a war crime (assuming it's true, of course fog of war and all that) and should be punished. But innocent Palestinian babies should not be murdered by brutal soldiers  in the IDF and civilians should, not be murdered by the IDF.

• Sad 3

15 minutes ago, connda said:

These are the main points from the World Court in The Hague.

• The court says it has jurisdiction to rule in the case.
  • It orders Israel to take measures to prevent acts of genocide in Gaza - it must report back in a month.
  • Israel must prevent and punish incitement to genocide.
  • The court says Israel must allow humanitarian aid into Gaza.
  • Israel is obliged to take more measures to protect Palestinians but does not order it to end military operations.

So the ICJ didn't uphold South Africa's claim of genocide , just told Israel not to commit genocide in the future  .

This is a massive win for Israel 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, sirineou said:

The International Court  lacks enforcement power.

So what if it finds Israel guilty? 

I guess it's better than nothing, but not by much. 

They have moral authority and have spoken, as a tool of the west this is a huge rebuke not only to the US, but to the EU as well, so all their moral grandstanding is exposed as so much hypocrisy (and it is vile hypocrisy). Any soldier, commander or policitian who wants to leave Israel, if they don't mend their ways is at risk of being charged with war crimes. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, connda said:

You probably can't find it on Western MSM.  But I just watched it live.  The ICJ ruled that South Africa has standing to bring the charges.  The ICJ listed 6 immediate measure including lifting the humanitarian blockade.  Hamas must release the hostages.

Can't find it how? It's all over the news.

40 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

So the ICJ didn't uphold South Africa's claim of genocide , just told Israel not to commit genocide in the future  .

This is a massive win for Israel 

this a massive rebuke to Israel. 

Edited by stats
trolling comment removed
  • Confused 1
  • Love It 1

Just now, retarius said:

They have moral authority and have spoken, as a tool of the west this is a huge rebuke not only to the US, but to the EU as well, so all their moral grandstanding is exposed as so much hypocrisy (and it is vile hypocrisy). Any soldier, commander or policitian who wants to leave Israel, if they don't mend their ways is at risk of being charged with war crimes. 

We have had that discussion numerous times before , so lets stick to the thread topic and the ICJ ruling 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sirineou said:

@sirineou

This is not a final ruling, and Israel was not found 'guilty'.

As to what the implications could be - this was discussed in length on several topics by now.

Not so simple as you present.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

We have had that discussion numerous times before , so lets stick to the thread topic and the ICJ ruling 

Yeah let's....a massive win for Israel? Open your eyes.

Stop reading UK and US newspapers and start reading more broadly to get a different and better perspective on international affairs.

Edited by stats
trolling/baiting comments removed
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, sirineou said:

It goes to the UN.  I believe first to the Security Council where is will be vetoed by the US, and then to the General Assembly which in genocide cases has the power to collectively act. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DaddyWarbucks said:

Not as comprehensive a ruling as it could have /should have been, but a good first step in isolating Israel and the radical Zionists that run it.

How does it 'isolate' Israel?

This is a World News topic, and there already is a thread on the subject running there, and may also be updated later with a new thread there. Therefore, this topic is CLOSED.//

This subforum:

General Topics

A forum for general interest and discussion topics related to Thailand only and not covered by other sub forums. The General Forum is not a place for political topics, chit chat, banter or observations about daily life. [emphasis added]

• Thanks 2