Train to Udon?

Batty

I'm gonna get trolled for posting this lol, I just know it 😁

I am thinking of getting the sleeper train from Udon Thani to Bangkok. Does anyone know if you can have a cheeky cigarette out of the window still?

Not in the carriage, obviously, but you used to be able to go in between carriages and pull down the window. You know, that sort of dark area where the carriages link together.

It's been maybe 17 years since I got a train though, so I don't know if it's still the case?

I know, I know. It's pathetic, I agree. But like it or not, I smoke, and the ability to smoke is looking like a deal breaker lol. If not, I'll fly.

Just thought it would be nice to get the train, as it's been so long 🙂

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Batty said:

I know, I know. It's pathetic, I agree. But like it or not, I smoke, and the ability to smoke is looking like a deal breaker lol. If not, I'll fly.

Nothing wrong with you asking a sensible question. 

I reckon you are a little 'Batty' like your name says for smoking though 😂

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Haha 1

On 1/28/2024 at 8:03 AM, Batty said:

I'm gonna get trolled for posting this lol, I just know it 😁

I am thinking of getting the sleeper train from Udon Thani to Bangkok. Does anyone know if you can have a cheeky cigarette out of the window still?

Not in the carriage, obviously, but you used to be able to go in between carriages and pull down the window. You know, that sort of dark area where the carriages link together.

It's been maybe 17 years since I got a train though, so I don't know if it's still the case?

Just thought it would be nice to get the train, as it's been so long 🙂

No smoking or alchol on the train.

Perhaps get some nico patches to tide you over for the 12 hour journey.