Sleep Undisturbed: All Night Long!

My Fellow Insomniacs:

There is just nothing like high quality sheets.

During the past 10 years in Thailand, I have been searching for high-quality bed linen at the right price.

I must have 100-percent cotton.

So far, after over 10 years, I have not found what I have been looking for.

Years ago, I bought sheets from China, from Amazon China, which were OK.

However, soon after I purchased the sheets, Amazon China went out of business, as far as I know.

I am not cheap when it comes to sourcing sheets!

Here, for example, is the type of bedsheet that I would gladly buy, if only I could find the same thing in Thailand....

image.png.774c83e4d5a753d2091812760d7d7ef3.png

image.png.fc4dac018524e84b41ea1ead6b4c2741.png

image.png.dc6763d7b26c218c2a161264f1162624.png

After over a decade in Thailand, I am very satisfied on most fronts, but I am just dissatisfied with the lack of availability of bedsheets here where I am.

Also, as everyone knows, I am NOT the ONLY one suffering ....

The sheets I have found for sale on Lazada are just not of the quality that I am used to.

What to do?

I do not know.

Over 10 years, and still looking....

If anyone has a link on Lazada for bedsheets that are higher quality and 100 percent cotton....then please post a photo, or two.

Thank you.

Regards,

Gamma

Note: I guess you guys know, by now, that I intend to chuck all my linen and bedding, including my pillows and mattress...due to my scabies infestation.

This chucking of my bedding will happen this week, maybe about 12 hours before I go to RAM to get treated.....

Note2: I look forward to sleeping the sleep of the dead, soon, after replacing all my bedding...and....it will be heaven!

=========

Sorry for the misinformation about Amazon China....

Amazon China is still alive, I see....

I purchased bedsheets from Amazon China in the past, when I lived in ChengDu...and....I was quite satisfied with the price and quality.

image.png.ba62061873898855f1b6de8391fdf4d4.png

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

As I told you....

image.png.f8e63430ff75e8edc8abb76076e4451c.png

So....

I guess buying sheets from Amazon in China is....as I had originally thought....probably....

Not feasible any longer.

But, it seems that the reports about Amazon China are conflicted.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

1 minute ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Just as soon as Xi exits, stage left!

Xi is Emperor for life! They say there are educated girls in Japan, why don't you give it a try.......soon???

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Just as soon as Xi exits, stage left!

China is such an amazing country.

I love China.

However, I am unable to live under a Marxist-Leninist regime.

(Even with clean sheets.)

Try to live in Iran, you'll run back to Xi in a heartbeat...

16 minutes ago, 2baht said:

When are you moving there....permanently??? What happened with the educated Japanese girls you carried on about??? Fail???

No, not a fail.

Have you ever heard of:

Go/No Go gauge?

image.png.243c45e664db7f455940902e0a7afc48.png

Think about it.

This happened to me.

I 100% agree. I was shocked at the prices here in Thailand 3000 baht for polyester and who can sleep on polyester sheets....not me that's for sure. What I did was bought 4 sets of top quality bedding the last time I want back to the US. I'm going to the US again in March with a very large luggage allowance and will top up. 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, retarius said:

I 100% agree. I was shocked at the prices here in Thailand 3000 baht for polyester and who can sleep on polyester sheets....not me that's for sure. What I did was bought 4 sets of top quality bedding the last time I want back to the US. I'm going to the US again in March with a very large luggage allowance and will top up. 

Sleep like a Thai. 

Sleep on bare hardwood floor. 

No need for bed. 

If no bed,... 

No need bedsheets. 

No need to wash sheets. 

If no sheets. 

No need for washing machine. 

No need for clothes dryer. 

Why sheets expensive? 

Only Farang need sheets. 

Sheets a luxury. 

Sleep deprivation was one of the tortures Cardinal Mindszenty was subjected to by the communist regime in Hungary.

To me, sheets are not as important as getting the right amount of blankets covering my svelte form. Like Goldilocks, I like to be not too cold, not too hot in bed.

I am very lucky, I have GG's threads to read as a sleep aid.

• Haha 1

You are not a picky person, you just know what you want. I am the same way on certain things. You do know that you can buy the sheets from Amazon/USA. That's where I purchased mind from. You don't have to deal with Amazon/China or any of the Thai stores. When I can't find what I want here in Thailand, i just order it from the USA. Yes it does cost more, but I get what I want and it will last a lot longer then any local products. And I am 100% happy. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

My Fellow Insomniacs:

There is just nothing like high quality sheets.

During the past 10 years in Thailand, I have been searching for high-quality bed linen at the right price.

I must have 100-percent cotton.

So far, after over 10 years, I have not found what I have been looking for.

Years ago, I bought sheets from China, from Amazon China, which were OK.

However, soon after I purchased the sheets, Amazon China went out of business, as far as I know.

I am not cheap when it comes to sourcing sheets!

Here, for example, is the type of bedsheet that I would gladly buy, if only I could find the same thing in Thailand....

image.png.774c83e4d5a753d2091812760d7d7ef3.png

image.png.fc4dac018524e84b41ea1ead6b4c2741.png

image.png.dc6763d7b26c218c2a161264f1162624.png

After over a decade in Thailand, I am very satisfied on most fronts, but I am just dissatisfied with the lack of availability of bedsheets here where I am.

Also, as everyone knows, I am NOT the ONLY one suffering ....

The sheets I have found for sale on Lazada are just not of the quality that I am used to.

What to do?

I do not know.

Over 10 years, and still looking....

If anyone has a link on Lazada for bedsheets that are higher quality and 100 percent cotton....then please post a photo, or two.

Thank you.

Regards,

Gamma

Note: I guess you guys know, by now, that I intend to chuck all my linen and bedding, including my pillows and mattress...due to my scabies infestation.

This chucking of my bedding will happen this week, maybe about 12 hours before I go to RAM to get treated.....

Note2: I look forward to sleeping the sleep of the dead, soon, after replacing all my bedding...and....it will be heaven!

=========

Sorry for the misinformation about Amazon China....

Amazon China is still alive, I see....

I purchased bedsheets from Amazon China in the past, when I lived in ChengDu...and....I was quite satisfied with the price and quality.

image.png.ba62061873898855f1b6de8391fdf4d4.png

You can order from US Amazon and they will ship to Thailand.

1 hour ago, charleskerins said:

You can order from US Amazon and they will ship to Thailand.

Free shipping?

No import tax?

No shipping delay?

These are three reasons I never order from Amazon USA.

When in China, I used Amazon China, until, as I mentioned, it stopped its operations there.

I would happily use Amazon USA if I were in the US.

If Amazon can provide free shipping to Thailand, with no import duty, and get here in one week, than I will buy a lot from Amazon. Tomorrow.

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Trippy said:

I'm real picky about my sheets, and won't buy them unless I feel them first. Central dept store has the best I've found in Thailand. Expensive, but worth it.

Yes. 

I bought from Robinsons.

Very comfortable.

But, I found that they do not wear well when machine washed.

One top sheet was about Bt.3000.

I believe these are overpriced, but not sure.

20 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Free shipping?

No import tax?

No shipping delay?

These are three reasons I never order from Amazon USA.

When in China, I used Amazon China, until, as I mentioned, it stopped its operations there.

I would happily use Amazon USA if I were in the US.

If Amazon can provide free shipping to Thailand, with no import duty, and get here in one week, than I will buy a lot from Amazon. Tomorrow.

one week  yes

import duty   depends on the product 

free shipping depends on the product

Try these people...100% Egyptian cotton from their own mill....They supply most of the 4-5* hotels in CM (per them).....Both sides of the business card.....

However, this was before COVID & I have not been to Baan Tawai since.....

The sheets have lasted many years with minimal wear.....

IMG_20240129_184516.jpg

IMG_20240129_184443.jpg

Edited by pgrahmm
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

Try these people...100% Egyptian cotton from their own mill....They supply most of the 4-5* hotels in CM (per them).....Both sides of the business card.....

However, this was before COVID & I have not been to Baan Tawai since.....

The sheets have lasted many years with minimal wear.....

IMG_20240129_184516.jpg

IMG_20240129_184443.jpg

Great Advice!!!!

I do not like hi tread count anymore. I have found out that lower tread count is better for me because the bed linen breadhes more easy and keeps me cool all night long. At the moment I have tread count 144 if I not remember wrong. Cotton of course. All the talk about silk dont suits me at all. They do not breathe.

In Thailand I have found IKEA not so bad about bed linen. But then it is also important what is inside the bed linen. And what matress you have. I dont like hard matresses as are the standard in Thailand. I want them soft and are now having a 7 cm nature latex matress on top of the normal matress. I sleep like a baby on that.