Russian-sanctioned rock band arrested in Phuket and face deportation to Russia

snoop1130

39 minutes ago, Iron Tongue said:

How would Israeli citizens get deported to Russia?  And for a work-visa violation?

Could they be dual nationals?  Does Russia have an international warrant out for them?  An Interpol Red notice?

Typical lazy reporting.  The reader ends up asking more questions than receives information.

Yes both countries allow dual.

I assume they all entered on Russian passports so I reckon its standard to depor6 to Russia in such cases. But maybe the dual guys have a chance to avoid that. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Russian-sanctioned rock band Bi-2, which includes four Israeli citizens was arrested in Phuket last Thursday for performing without appropriate permits,

So what's happening to the Thai promoters?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

14 minutes ago, Ironmike said:

So let me get this straight a Rock band getting deported for speaking the truth but still nothing happening with that drunk Russian woman Ireana Pavalova that ran over and killed two kids in full view of cctv cameras????? Check out the video and tell me which is more news worthy. 

Why dont you go down to her office in Rawai and ask her, 

• Sad 2

20 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

Can they be deported to a country except the country passport they used to enter Thailand? Should not the Israeli government at least lodge a diplomatic protest? If not, the reporting is fishy, and don't believe an iota of this information except that they did work illegally in a venue without a license. 

My understanding they can only be sent back the the country of origin, but if they are being kept in the IDC in Bangkok they dont have to buy a ticket to leave Im told people have been in there for years, If they have Israeli passports the Israeli government will get them home. 

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

My understanding they can only be sent back the the country of origin, but if they are being kept in the IDC in Bangkok they dont have to buy a ticket to leave Im told people have been in there for years, If they have Israeli passports the Israeli government will get them home. 

Probably they don't want to go to Israel either. It is not safe there now.