Bum gun in bathroom leaking / broken

bbi1

On 1/30/2024 at 9:30 AM, HauptmannUK said:

Those things are so cheap and easy to change yourself (literally couple of minutes) its hardly worth the bother of scheduling someone to call round.

I bought an American Standard one for about ~600 Baht and it has been working without an issue for many years. I feel th price was worth it, compared to 100-200 range which fail quite soon.

4 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Asking for a friend.

When he moved into his rental there was an almost full roll of toilet paper in the bathroom.  It's disappeared, now there is just a small cardboard roll thingie on the hanging device which is totally unsuitable for the purpose.

Who's responsible for a replacement, my friend or the owner of the building? If he is expected to do it himself who will pay for it, and is there some sort of manual available to explain the procedure?

This is definitely the landlord's duty. Call him immediately and report the matter.

On 1/30/2024 at 10:48 AM, bbi1 said:

If the bum gun in the bathroom is leaking / broken, is this the owner's responsibility or the tenant's responsibility to buy a new one and put the new one in? I would've thought it's the owner's responsibility as the tenant has moved in and it was in working state. I think the tenant's responsibility is only for changing light bulbs if they become fused. Correct me if I'm wrong?

Just get one on Lazada or at the DIY store for 100 baht.

Is this the first time you've rented?  

On 1/30/2024 at 4:48 AM, bbi1 said:

If the bum gun in the bathroom is leaking / broken, is this the owner's responsibility or the tenant's responsibility to buy a new one and put the new one in? I would've thought it's the owner's responsibility as the tenant has moved in and it was in working state. I think the tenant's responsibility is only for changing light bulbs if they become fused. Correct me if I'm wrong?

A new bum gun is about 100 baht – however, a bit more for the gold plated-version; while Lazada sells a gun only for 26 baht – not that huge disaster to pay for and solve the problem...:thumbsup:

image.png.ce26bf508c651973455fc9c197cf28ae.png

On 1/31/2024 at 12:20 PM, MrJ2U said:

Just get one on Lazada or at the DIY store for 100 baht.

Is this the first time you've rented?  

On 1/31/2024 at 3:55 PM, khunPer said:

A new bum gun is about 100 baht – however, a bit more for the gold plated-version; while Lazada sells a gun only for 26 baht – not that huge disaster to pay for and solve the problem...:thumbsup:

On 2/3/2024 at 11:23 AM, Alidiver said:

Could have fixed in in the time taken to write this post.

Mr DIY, cost peanuts.

I bought one from Mr DIY for 110 baht and paid 100 baht for the condo technician to install it. That was 5 days ago. This morning I was awoken to a broken bum gun and the water flooding the bathroom, so I immediately turned off the valve for the bum gum. Water still leaking out of the new bum gun. What the hell, only 5 days it lasted!!!

Is this a plumbing issue in the building or my room or the water pressure going to my room being too strong? I can't be replacing bum guns every 5 days. bloody hell.

Edited by bbi1

On 1/30/2024 at 11:03 AM, eyeman said:

Jesus christ, they cost like 100-200 baht and it's screw in within 5 seconds, they all start leaking eventually usually just a trickle

On 1/30/2024 at 11:59 AM, connda said:

Just hire someone to fix your bum-gun.  It will cost you 100 or 200 THB for the labor (put into perspective $5 or so.  The bum-gun?  Less than $5 buck. 

On 1/30/2024 at 11:00 AM, HauptmannUK said:

Those things are so cheap and easy to change yourself (literally couple of minutes) its hardly worth the bother of scheduling someone to call round.

Condo juristic office just told me it's because I bought a cheap one, that's why it lasts only a few days. If they buy and install, then it's 400 baht for a good one.

And everyone here said it costs 100 baht or so to replace a new bum gun. That's only if you want to keep replacing bum guns every 5 days at over 200+ baht (100 baht for installation) every 5 days!! That's $10 every 5 days to continuously fix bum gums that keeps breaking.

Edited by bbi1

3 hours ago, bbi1 said:

I bought one from Mr DIY for 110 baht and paid 100 baht for the condo technician to install it. That was 5 days ago. This morning I was awoken to a broken bum gun and the water flooding the bathroom, so I immediately turned off the valve for the bum gum. Water still leaking out of the new bum gun. What the hell, only 5 days it lasted!!!

Is this a plumbing issue in the building or my room or the water pressure going to my room being too strong? I can't be replacing bum guns every 5 days. bloody hell.

If you have a receipt, bring it back to the place you purchased it.  There at least a 30 day warranty.

Other option buy a cotton bum gun

Thai landlords won't look favorably at tenants nit picking on small items like bum guns, batteries for remotes, etc. and won't re-rent to you after your lease is up.

Cheaper than buying loads of toilet paper and Thai girls insist on them. 

37 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

If you have a receipt, bring it back to the place you purchased it.  There at least a 30 day warranty.

Yes, I have the Mr DIY receipt, the store I bought it from. I'm not sure about 30 day warranty as the receipt says "Exchanges are allowed within 7 day with receipt. Strictly no cash refunds".

Edited by bbi1