NSC to probe arrests of dissident Russian musicians in Phuket – Panpree

snoop1130

Screenshot-2024-01-31-142926.png

National Security Council (NSC) is looking into a report that members of the Russian rock band “Bi-2”, known for their outspoken criticism of the Russian government, were arrested in Phuket for performing concerts without a permit in Phuket and may be deported to Russia.

Thai Foreign Minister Parnpree Bahiddha-Nukara said that the NSC wants to determine the nationalities of those who were arrested for staging a concert without a permit.

“In this case, we have to take into consideration international laws. Once we have the information we need, we will be able to proceed in the require manner,” he said.

Full story: Thai PBS 2024-01-31

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“In this case, we have to take into consideration international laws. Once we have the information we need, we will be able to proceed in the require manner,” he said.

Guess there's always a first time.

Edited by brianthainess
  • Like 1

Anyone got a track of their music? I think I saw them play years ago and it was more like heavy metal. They were sat in a Pub in leather jackets and I was thinking, this looks like Trouble, then the resident band (Oodies) let them have the stage, obviously pre-arranged they were ferking brilliant. 

Edited by brianthainess
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“In this case, we have to take into consideration international laws. Once we have the information we need, we will be able to proceed in the require manner,” he said

Give them a 30 day extension.. and a free pass at the departure terminal .. end of the issue.

They can sort out their chosen destination.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

and while we are on the subject ....why can't a performer get a temp licence to perform ? seems like they deliberately fudge this issue every time ....it's tough being a promoter of Thailand.

• Like 1

On 1/31/2024 at 5:21 PM, snoop1130 said:

were arrested for staging a concert without a permit.

Did they actually get paid any money? STOP entertaining Thais :crying: Thailand loves Putin can't upset him can we. Back to Thai bands with marvelous renditions like

🎶 Proud Mary walk on by

Lolling, Lolling Lolling on a Liver🎶

Well they have been Drummed out now, we are all safe again :guitar::intheclub::guitar:

On 1/31/2024 at 7:53 PM, brianthainess said:

Anyone got a track of their music? I think I saw them play years ago and it was more like heavy metal. They were sat in a Pub in leather jackets and I was thinking, this looks like Trouble, then the resident band (Oodies) let them have the stage, obviously pre-arranged they were ferking brilliant. 

Here is their YT channel https://www.youtube.com/@b2band 

• Thanks 1