TikTok user exposes taxi overcharge in Bangkok, fare hits 105 baht (video)

webfact

9 hours ago, uttradit said:
11 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Luggage.

I walk 2km with luggage. The Tik Tok guy probably went looking for a "bad" driver.

So what, that's your choice, perhaps he couldn't or just, very reasonably, didn't want to carry the luggage he had?

"The Tik Tok guy probably went looking for a "bad" driver".

How could he deliberately select a taxi with a problematic meter for his video?  Do you really think that he got into every taxi that came along,  went for a kilometer to check the meter and if he got one of the huge majority that are ok he got out and did the whole journey again with his luggage until he found one of the very few with compromised meters to record?  Ridiculous suggestion.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

9 hours ago, uttradit said:
11 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No one forces them to do the job and if it sucks that much how come there are tens of thousands of them?

Poor education, lack of skills. They can't do real jobs.

Taxi driving isn't a real job?  What?  What's your definition of "a real job", then?

• Like 1

yea, I've been on taken on "tours" before.

"you know this road"   "No"   "This is best road to home"  "oookkaay" 

At this point I know I'm being reamed so I just start asking non stop questions about the landmarks we're passing. 

ouou they get so annoyed. It's a few extra bucks for some cheap fun.

Edited by fondue zoo

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

So what, that's your choice, perhaps he couldn't or just, very reasonably, didn't want to carry the luggage he had?

"The Tik Tok guy probably went looking for a "bad" driver".

How could he deliberately select a taxi with a problematic meter for his video?  Do you really think that he got into every taxi that came along,  went for a kilometer to check the meter and if he got one of the huge majority that are ok he got out and did the whole journey again with his luggage until he found one of the very few with compromised meters to record?  Ridiculous suggestion.

Youtubers spend 7 days filming for a 30 minute video. I'm sure Tik Tok guys do the same.

Amazing you don't know this.

• Sad 1

59 minutes ago, uttradit said:

Youtubers spend 7 days filming for a 30 minute video. I'm sure Tik Tok guys do the same.

Amazing you don't know this.

Amazing that you assume that is the case for everyone and that you specifically accuse this person of doing that despite the complete absence of anything to back it up.

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

Amazing that you assume that is the case for everyone and that you specifically accuse this person of doing that despite the complete absence of anything to back it up.

No it's not. They spend days filming then edit out the boring stuff. If you can't be bothered educating yourself I'm not going to bother doing it for you.

14 hours ago, uttradit said:

Poor education, lack of skills. They can't do real jobs.

It'd be interesting to know what is/was your "real" job that is/was so much more worthy and "real" than that of a taxi driver.  Fancy giving it a go here?

Edited by Liverpool Lou

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

It'd be interesting to know what is/was your "real job" that is/was so much more worthy and "real" than that of a taxi driver.  Fancy giving it a go here?

A job that pays a wage or a proper sales job that pays better.

• Confused 1

Just now, uttradit said:
1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It'd be interesting to know what is/was your "real job" that is/was so much more worthy and "real" than that of a taxi driver.  Fancy giving it a go here?

A job that pays a wage or a proper sales job that pays better.

So you were a "proper salesman"?!  Very much more worthy and "real", salesmen are so well known to be sincere and altruistic.   

How does the way someone gets paid decide the "realness" of a job, self-employed people not on a regular "wage" don't have real jobs?

45 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

So you were a "proper salesman"?!  Very much more worthy and "real", salesmen are so well known to be sincere and altruistic.   

How does the way someone gets paid decide the "realness" of a job, self-employed people not on a regular "wage" don't have real jobs?

So you think making 300 to 500 baht a day as a driver is a great life?

43 minutes ago, uttradit said:
45 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

So you think making 300 to 500 baht a day as a driver is a great life?

You have no idea that taxi drivers generally only make that amount but that wasn't the issue!   You said that your job as a salesman was a real job and taxi driving isn't because it doesn't have a wage and isn't "proper".   I dispute that nonsense but as you can't justify your claim, you're right, it is pointless your carrying on.

15 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You have no idea that taxi drivers generally only make that amount but that wasn't the issue!   You said that your job as a salesman was a real job and taxi driving isn't because it doesn't have a wage and isn't "proper".   I dispute that nonsense but as you can't justify your claim, you're right, it is pointless your carrying on.

I'm not a salesman. Good luck with your dream career driving cabs in Bangkok.

On 2/1/2024 at 1:37 PM, uttradit said:

The Tik Tok guy isn't a good person either. Picking on a poor person and trying to ruin their life. Total bottom feeder.

Huh?? A taxi driver rigging his meter DESERVES to have his life ruined. He's not a "poor person", he's a thief. He belongs in jail, not just on tiktok.

7 minutes ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Huh?? A taxi driver rigging his meter DESERVES to have his life ruined. He's not a "poor person", he's a thief. He belongs in jail, not just on tiktok.

Please don't feed the troll.