Thailand deports dissident Russian rockers to Israel

webfact

6 hours ago, mfd101 said:

They'll feel at home in Israel. Some 4% of Israelis are Jews of Russian origin and it used to be said (perhaps still is, for ought I know) that the internal language of Mossad was Russian.

Nearly all the Russian oligarchs now have Israeli citizenship.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Poilu said:

Nearly all the Russian oligarchs now have Israeli citizenship.

Ha ha, and probably none of them are Jewish. (cf Australia where it's very easy to become an Oz citizen if you're both Chinese and rich.)

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Fair point.

Thailand wouldn't care either way.

They seem inclined to keep on the good side of Putin.

Up to a point.

Bottom line they weren't 'deported' to Russia.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Morch said:

Up to a point.

Bottom line they weren't 'deported' to Russia.

Very true. Could have been much much worse.

Imagine if they had deported some or all of them to Russia.

It would have instantly become big news internationally and Thailand would have looked very very bad as far as a safe and friendly place for foreigners.

Russia already looks very very bad so no worries there.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Send them to EU, they are collecting lots of foreign people, even not having space, houses.

Maybe they can do some gigs in refugee  centers. "Refugees" by the thousands, so 6 members of rock group? Come in.

27 minutes ago, xtrnuno41 said:

Send them to EU, they are collecting lots of foreign people, even not having space, houses.

Maybe they can do some gigs in refugee  centers. "Refugees" by the thousands, so 6 members of rock group? Come in.

At least one of them resides in the EU (Spain) for some time now.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Much more behind this than we are being told. US was involved in getting them out safely. Russia applied pressure to get them back. This had nothing to do about working without a work permit.

Someone found this comment funny. HaHa emoji poster would you care to explain why this is funny or are you just an emoji troll? You know who you are. Anonymizing helps the trolls and is a negative move.

Edited by dinsdale

34 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Someone found this comment funny. HaHa emoji poster would you care to explain why this is funny or are you just an emoji troll? You know who you are. Anonymizing helps the trolls and is a negative move.

Actually I am with the 'haha' emoji guy.

If you are actually telling the truth in your statement about the US being behind this, then please post proof of your allegations, otherwise the 'haha' emoji is very relevant.

• Confused 1

48 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

Actually I am with the 'haha' emoji guy.

If you are actually telling the truth in your statement about the US being behind this, then please post proof of your allegations, otherwise the 'haha' emoji is very relevant.

Look back at what I posted. The US Embassy assisted them getting to Israel along with the Israeli Embassy. I did not say the US was "behind this". This is in the media. Look it up for yourself.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, bristolgeoff said:

I suppose where they went was a better choice than russia slightly 1 war zone for another.Protest there and u can only imagine what could happen there with the police or gov too

Not slightly. As antiwar activists they are considered enemies of the Russian state, subject to 10 years in prison (or being sent to the front in a meat sacrifice). 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

9 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Look back at what I posted. The US Embassy assisted them getting to Israel along with the Israeli Embassy. I did not say the US was "behind this". This is in the media. Look it up for yourself.

Australia and Germany as well, according to some reports and interview with a band member.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

I suppose where they went was a better choice than russia slightly 1 war zone for another.Protest there and u can only imagine what could happen there with the police or gov too

I don't think most of them actually permanently reside in Israel. And regardless, Israel is not a war zone - the war is mostly confined to border areas. One of them lives in Spain, another in Australia. One would have thought these things not unimaginable considering it's an expat oriented forum.

On 2/2/2024 at 11:42 AM, Jingthing said:

Total bull.

There are a lot of anti Putin Russians in Thailand now so there is a market for anti Putin bands. 

Been here 20 years +   ive yet to see a Russian band playing in bars,  know one interested except the Russians,  who I said earlier,  don't go to bars, all cheap Charlies chickens escaping the war living off mummy and daddy  money,  

• Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Jimbo 12345 said:

Been here 20 years +   ive yet to see a Russian band playing in bars,  know one interested except the Russians,  who I said earlier,  don't go to bars, all cheap Charlies chickens escaping the war living off mummy and daddy  money,  

I've seen Russian band concerts advertised in Pattaya and even saw an ad for a gay Russian disco night.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thanks 1