U.S. begins retaliatory strikes against Iran-linked targets in Iraq and Syria.

Social Media

10 hours ago, Galong said:

The US military is perfectly capable of bungling things on its own. They have a long history of it.  BTW, what has the president bungled? Facts only, please... and things that are entirely under his control. 

Start with Afghanistan 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Has any US bombing anywhere since WW2 done anything more than make things worse ?

If bombing alone worked North Vietnam would have been defeated during Vietnam war, and Cambodia/ Laos would not have been taken over by the communists.

Vietnam was largely defeated until it was defunded and the effort flushed down the toilet. 

5 hours ago, Social Media said:

Biden added that the strikes aimed to deter these groups from further attacks, and were taken in a way "to limit the risk of escalation and avoid civilian casualties".

LOL. They will IMO only make them more determined to attack more, and if Biden thinks it's going to "limit the risk of escalation" IMO he needs to see a good psychologist to return to the real world.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 3
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. They will IMO only make them more determined to attack more, and if Biden thinks it's going to "limit the risk of escalation" IMO he needs to see a good psychologist to return to the real world.

I personally wonder would Iran be so eager to supply the rag tag nutters taking potshots at shipping or Russia with drones if one mr trump hadn't welched on the nuclear deal I don’t think Iran would want to go back under sanctions after a taste of free trade I’m sure the Iranian population would have welcomed the relief.we all have seen what they did when the religious nutters started killing the women over head scarfs they would be even more likely to go after those mullas if they thought they would be put back under sanctions.we here and elsewhere would be enjoying lower energy costs as well.taken a step further they fund hammas I doubt they would have allowed the crime that started this whole mess!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tug said:

I personally wonder would Iran be so eager to supply the rag tag nutters taking potshots at shipping or Russia with drones if one mr trump hadn't welched on the nuclear deal I don’t think Iran would want to go back under sanctions after a taste of free trade I’m sure the Iranian population would have welcomed the relief.we all have seen what they did when the religious nutters started killing the women over head scarfs they would be even more likely to go after those mullas if they thought they would be put back under sanctions.we here and elsewhere would be enjoying lower energy costs as well.taken a step further they fund hammas I doubt they would have allowed the crime that started this whole mess!

Yes, had only Hillary "It was the video" Clinton been elected we'd have world peace. 

It's that greedy Zionist Trump's fault! 

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Tug said:

That and the Abraham Accords. Trump did more to polarize the ME than any US president.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

The Iraqi government has repeatedly asked for all US troops to leave their sovereign territory and the US has refused. So much for sovereign territory. I'm sure most will join with me in asking them to get out. Otherwise rather like the British in America in 1776 it maybe necessary to use righteous force. https://thehill.com/newsletters/defense-national-security/4392394-iraq-wants-us-military-out/

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

9 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

The Iraqi government has repeatedly asked for all US troops to leave their sovereign territory and the US has refused. So much for sovereign territory. I'm sure most will join with me in asking them to get out. Otherwise rather like the British in America in 1776 it maybe necessary to use righteous force. https://thehill.com/newsletters/defense-national-security/4392394-iraq-wants-us-military-out/

The US complied with that request once:   https://www.cbsnews.com/news/obama-announces-end-of-iraq-war-troops-to-return-home-by-year-end/

It didn't end well for Iraq:  https://www.cbsnews.com/news/iraqs-al-abadi-appeals-to-obama-for-more-help-against-isis/

Those who do not learn from history...

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Yeah, Trump negotiating a peace plan without including the Afghan government was idiotic. 

Yeah, the Afghan debacle was all Trump's fault. Biden was able to get the border open, get the Houthis off the terrorist list, lift sanctions on Iran and give them another five billion, but when it came to Afghanistan, his hands were tied. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

I won't address the diversionary BS. 

Biden honored an agreement made by his predecessor.  The US would have no credibility with allies or enemies alike if Presidents didn't do that.  I can think of only one President who hasn't, and the enemies of the US very much hope he gets elected again.

If I recall correctly Trump advanced the withdrawal date 5 minutes before leaving office.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1