U.S. begins retaliatory strikes against Iran-linked targets in Iraq and Syria.

Social Media

5 hours ago, illisdean said:

Iranian proxies strike a remote US military base in Jordan killing 3 and wounding dozens and feckless weak Biden attacks warehouses, supply chain depots, etc in Syria and Iraq as the world along with Iran has a good laugh at US's pledge to DEI on full display exhibited by their woke tinker toy military. Biden has an eye on his potential election campaign and image now, of course, and also worried about how hitting Iran where needed, will drive up oil prices and annoy China. What a whimpy demented loser. LOL.

One only has to recall Biden's stunning albeit humiliating debacle withdrawing from Afghanistan, certainly Xi, Putin, rocket man in NK, the mullah's know all to well Biden is feckless and weak. 

Ahh…..ok……!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, candide said:

And how did it work? Iran increased its Uranium enrichment program 10fold, and was thrown into the arms of Russia and China.

A technical aside on Iran Uranium enrichment. The only hard part about enrichment is having many extremely high precision centrifuges. The only difference between 4% reactor grade and 90% bomb grade uranium is a simple valve, i.e., more or fewer centrifuges in parallel. "Arman, turn the valve, now."  

Iran has long known how to build a bomb[ref].

Just weeks after the Iran deal was broken, Iran announced that it had already developed a factory capable of mass producing rotors (hard part) for 60 far more powerful centrifuges, per day. Each new IR-6 was equivalent to 6 of their current IR-1 centrifuges. IOW, Iran could produce the equivalent of 11,000 IR-1 centrifuges per month, every month, a staggering number. This capability was developed during the agreement.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, rabas said:

A technical aside on Iran Uranium enrichment. The only hard part about enrichment is having many extremely high precision centrifuges. The only difference between 4% reactor grade and 90% bomb grade uranium is a simple valve, i.e., more or fewer centrifuges in parallel. "Arman, turn the valve, now."  

Just weeks after the Iran deal was broken, Iran announced that it had already developed a factory capable of mass producing rotors (hard part) for 60 far more powerful centrifuges, per day. Each new IR-6 was equivalent to 6 of their current IR-1 centrifuges. IOW, Iran could produce the equivalent of 11,000 IR-1 centrifuges per month, every month, a staggering number. This capability was developed during the agreement.

So for the reasons that you give above , the U.S.A. and allies do not want a direct confrontation with Iran but retaliation must be on the cards from Iran . Would you be surprised if Israel was hit directly by Iran , or increased hostilities within the Arab states or possibly beyond ?

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, Kinok Farang said:

Pick your side lads.Wether you like it or not its us and them with Russian and China looking on.

Putin must be lovin' it, and Xi probably wonders how the west can get it so wrong.

Short of a nuclear war, conventional bombing has never won a war without boots on the ground, and it's a lot further for the US and allies to invade and support forces in the Middle East than it is for the locals.

In a major war between Iran and the US, I wouldn't be betting on the US winning. Iran isn't Iraq under Saddam.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

15 hours ago, rabas said:

Developing the capability (knowledge) is distinct from producing nuclear weapons. The US is constantly researching and simulation testing new nuclear weapons.

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, Kinok Farang said:

Pick your side lads.Wether you like it or not its us and them with Russian and China looking on.

I prefer not to pick a side. Back in 1969 I would have picked Vietnam to win against my own country. I'm quite serious.

Has any US bombing anywhere since WW2 done anything more than make things worse ? Serious question. It's increasingly looking in the new era a lot of US hyper power military posturing looks like some great big nothing burger.Besides which the Houthis are battle hardened Arab tribesmen prone to dispersal and hidden in the region and well able to resist the hammer looking for very small nuts. The British Empire finally ended in imperial humiliation in  Suez there's a great likelihood  the US will suffer the same. Joe probably thinks we've hit Hanoi and his generals have to keep correcting him, Houthis Mr President them Houthis. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Putin must be lovin' it, and Xi probably wonders how the west can get it so wrong.

Short of a nuclear war, conventional bombing has never won a war without boots on the ground, and it's a lot further for the US and allies to invade and support forces in the Middle East than it is for the locals.

In a major war between Iran and the US, I wouldn't be betting on the US winning. Iran isn't Iraq under Saddam.

@thaibeachlovers

The Military Expert Placed His Bet. Take Heed.

:coffee1:

Edited by Morch
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Developing the capability (knowledge) is distinct from producing nuclear weapons. The US is constantly researching and simulation testing new nuclear weapons.

@ozimoron

Oh, that's ok then. Nothing to worry about.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, ozimoron said:

The Reuters link and I discussed having built the factory to make centrifuges. Not a learning thing. 

(Reuters) - Iran has built a factory that can produce rotors for up to 60 centrifuges a day, the head of its atomic agency said on Wednesday  [weeks after the deal  was broken]

The point you skip is the factory that defeats much of the agreement's purpose was built during the agreement. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, rabas said:

The Reuters link and I discussed having built the factory to make centrifuges. Not a learning thing. 

(Reuters) - Iran has built a factory that can produce rotors for up to 60 centrifuges a day, the head of its atomic agency said on Wednesday  [weeks after the deal  was broken]

The point you skip is the factory that defeats much of the agreement's purpose was built during the agreement. 

Not to worry, Biden told them don't, so they won't. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, rabas said:

Was it though? I would imagine they used some existing facility and installed the equipment. I don't know but I would think Iran would put a very high priority on it. I just think it's not a foregone conclusion that the factory was under construction during the agreement period. In fact, I recall the IAEA (?) reporting that Iran was in compliance through the agreement. I want a link.

Just now, ozimoron said:

Was it though? I would imagine they used some existing facility and installed the equipment. I don't know but I would think Iran would put a very high priority on it. I just think it's not a foregone conclusion that the factory was under construction during the agreement period. In fact, I recall the IAEA (?) reporting that Iran was in compliance through the agreement. I want a link.

You seem to imagine a lot. 

Do you have a link to the IAEA inspection program? You know, the one where they have to give 30 days' notice and are only allowed into approved areas? 

What a joke, 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

You seem to imagine a lot. 

Do you have a link to the IAEA inspection program? You know, the one where they have to give 30 days' notice and are only allowed into approved areas? 

What a joke, 

It would have been all over the news if significant non compliance was found. Building centrifuges was their single main concern. They have enough enriched uranium. I didn't claim that the factories were being built during the agreement so it's not incumbent on me to prove they weren't. Or that the IAEA didn't carry out inspections properly. I can't prove something didn't happen. I believe the factories are likely to have been built since the agreement was terminated and I want a link to the contrary since it's not my claim.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

It would have been all over the news if significant non compliance was found. Building centrifuges was their single main concern. They have enough enriched uranium. I didn't claim that the factories were being built during the agreement so it's not incumbent on me to prove they weren't. Or that the IAEA didn't carry out inspections properly. I can't prove something didn't happen. I believe the factories are likely to have been built since the agreement was terminated and I want a link to the contrary since it's not my claim.

So you don't have a link supporting your claims, yet you are demanding links to support someone else's, that seems about right...errrr...I mean left. 

It was all over the news, just not the news you pay attention to. 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

There is no major war in sight

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, candide said:

There is no major war in sight

There are at least three potential major wars unfortunately hanging over the world at present in Europe, the Middle East and the Chinese area of influence!

Edited by scottiejohn
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, rabas said:

According to the Reuters article  it has been build during negotiations, not during agreements.

Quote:

"Instead of building this factory in the next seven or eight years, we built it during the negotiations but have not started it," Salehi, said, according to state media."

8 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

There are at least three potential major wars unfortunately hanging over the world at present in Europe, the Middle East and the Chinese area of influence!

Keeping to the thread's subject: my point is that there will be likely no major war between Iran and the U.S. as claimed by another poster. Neither country wants it. That,'s why Iran used only proxies and the U.S. hit targets only outside Iran

• Agree 2