Surge in Thai condo market fueled by visa-free policy and Chinese buyers

webfact

1 hour ago, quake said:

Better get in there quick,  or they will all be gone.

You don't want to miss out on the condo boom.

prices may go up. :cheesy:

Well theire building like crazy.  Big SUV's need to be paid off ... LOL

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, bradiston said:

Possible he's not comparing like with like. My daughter rents out a studio apartment in London, E3, for over £1000  pm. 45k THB. High end condos or pool villas I think can easily command that kind of rent. Maybe even a week. When I first moved to Pratamnak 30 months ago, I was paying 5.5k THB pm for a 1 bed ground floor flat in a very decent development. It's doubled since then.

Well he should make clear whether he is comparing like to like or his claim is meaningless.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2024 at 9:26 AM, rgrdns said:

The RE market is overloaded and overpriced, I noticed more and more sale advertisements.

Our CONDO GLUTTERS and CRASH IMMINENT! alarmists have always been a fixture on the forum, counting the ads on the bulletin boards at Foodland and the lights on at night. Maybe you cleaned your glasses recently. Pattaya, at least, has always had a surplus of run-of-the-mill condos. Really desirable condos at an attractive price--that's a whole 'nother market.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2024 at 7:08 AM, webfact said:

...In the first three quarters of the year 2023 foreign buyers transferred ownership of 10,703 units valued at 52,259 million baht (US$1.46 million)...

Is a foreign owner of a condo unit allowed to sell it, ie transfer ownership of it, to another foreigner?

• 2 weeks later...