Impossible to open Thai or foreign crypto account.

cmike

I have been using Zipmex for years and as you know they have ceased trading. Luckily, I had transferred all my crypto to a hard wallet.

Now I wish to continue trading and maybe sell out some of the crypto, but it seems impossible to open an account anywhere. In Thailand there is the problem of the KYC verification, so I tried to oepn a couple of accounts in USA. All went well until I tried to fund them (a process I had to do before I can trade). I tried to use my Thai credit card to fund, but was told by my bank that credit cards cannot be used to fund crypto accounts. OK, I decided to try an emoney account such as Wise or Revolut. They also required an "activation funding" from an account in my name. Again the bank told me that I cannot send money to an eaccount in my name.

What have you others done to open a new account? Oh I am looking at Orbitz (partially owned by Kbank), but I haven't seen anything on here about them.

A couple of hiccups on the way. 

I had problemd finding a document in the second list regarding address verification. I thought they wanted a driving license from my own country. I will try again tomorrow 

1 hour ago, cmike said:

A couple of hiccups on the way. 

I had problemd finding a document in the second list regarding address verification. I thought they wanted a driving license from my own country. I will try again tomorrow 

A driving license from your home country will work. 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1311267-bitkub-is-asking-for-kyc-again-after-logging-in-kyc-is-disabled-for-foreigners/page/4/

3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Etoro?

It worked well, but I cannot transfer cash to eToro

I may just transfer a few of my cryptos there and sell them, but then I have a problem getting the cash to Thailand.

Incidentally, I am going to start a new thread in a few minutes about an article I read today about Thailand wanting to be " a hub of digital assets."

By the time you get up from the floor after falling down laughing, the thread should be there.

There weren't many alternatives I'm sorry to say. A resident permit was one of the other options. You could try getting hold of one of those? Don't ask me how as I have never held one, but maybe something you could enquire about at immigration the next time you visit?

Please send one of the following documents : 

• Household registration (Yellow house book -- Thor.Ror. 13) with a 13-digit identification number
  • Work permit issued by the Thai government
  • Non-Immigrant visa or Smart Visa

And one of the following documents :

• ID issued by the governmental authority of the customer's country e.g. an identification card, a driving license
  • ID via SWIFT authentication or notarized ID
  • Employment certification together with the ID card or a company affidavit of the employer (for those who work in Thailand)
  • Resident permit in Thailand
  • Educational certificate issued by an education institution in Thailand

24 minutes ago, Conno said:

There weren't many alternatives I'm sorry to say. A resident permit was one of the other options. You could try getting hold of one of those? Don't ask me how as I have never held one, but maybe something you could enquire about at immigration the next time you visit?

Are you saying a Thai DL will work (I have one of those)? Above, it sounds like they want one from your home country. I also have the Thai pink ID card.

Edited by wimpy

Yes I was told a Thai driving license would also be acceptable [by email] but I don't have one of those so used my UK one. I don't drive here, got out of the habit as my other half does all the driving. 

Edited by Conno
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...