METV current requirements London

I will be returning to the UK in June and having read reports here (can't find them) that the METV requirements have been relaxed a bit I might apply for one and complete the full set of tourist visas! If anyone has applied succesfully recently perhaps they could clarify some points from the embassy website.

1. Bank balance of £5k for six months. Do they need six separate bank statements or is money on application ok?

2. Confirmation letter from employer or pension statement. I neither work or take my pension. Will showing the bank statement above work or am I scuppered.

3. Travel records of the last 12 months. Will a word document simply stating where and when I have been be sufficient?

If the METV gets rejected am I likely to get a SETV and just have to swallow the cost difference?

Many thanks

I believe the proof of funds is no longer required when applying for a METV.

For the confirmation letterd, if they are still asking for it then I'd just create a jpg saying "not needed for tourist visa"

For the travel history, when I applied (before they relaxed the requirements) they very specifically asked for copies of stamps in passport pages to support this requirement.

3 minutes ago, JayClay said:

I believe the proof of funds is no longer required when applying for a METV.

For the confirmation letterd, if they are still asking for it then I'd just create a jpg saying "not needed for tourist visa"

For the travel history, when I applied (before they relaxed the requirements) they very specifically asked for copies of stamps in passport pages to support this requirement.

Perfect thank you

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, Greenwich Boy said:

I will be returning to the UK in June and having read reports here (can't find them) that the METV requirements have been relaxed a bit I might apply for one and complete the full set of tourist visas! If anyone has applied succesfully recently perhaps they could clarify some points from the embassy website.

1. Bank balance of £5k for six months. Do they need six separate bank statements or is money on application ok?

2. Confirmation letter from employer or pension statement. I neither work or take my pension. Will showing the bank statement above work or am I scuppered.

3. Travel records of the last 12 months. Will a word document simply stating where and when I have been be sufficient?

If the METV gets rejected am I likely to get a SETV and just have to swallow the cost difference?

Many thanks

For. Travel history we just scan the stamps in the passport and edit it as one JPG on the PC,. If it is just Thai that's fine but if no stamps on some destinations, list with stamp pics and convert to JPG for upload....

• Like 1

I got an METV from London.

For 3) I can confirm travel history wasn’t part of application and I didn’t get any follow-up request for it. I think it was required previously.

Partial answers for 1) and 2)…

1) I don’t know if you need to show the £5k for full six months but doesn’t need to be 6 separate statements or for current account with ‘normal’ transactions. I provided a single bank statement from a savings account that only showed interest being added over the six months.

2) Letter is still requested in application but don’t know if you can upload another document instead. I have my own business so just wrote a note myself that I signed myself.

Also maybe worth mentioning that there was another thread recently where someone was told to get a non-o when they had a valid METV when flying into DMK. I’m hoping just isolated incident but who knows??

Good luck

• Like 1

I suspect if you have utilised the Thai Embassy Evisa website successfully previously for the SETV a lot of the requirements may not be requested for the METV

• Like 1

In reference to the above on the 2nd application I did half of the requests that were on the 1st application weren't requested on the 2nd

Finance was one of them

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Chivas said:

In reference to the above on the 2nd application I did half of the requests that were on the 1st application weren't requested on the 2nd

Finance was one of them

All applications are separate as far as I'm aware; documents are not shared between applications.

The reason that you had to provide less documents on the second application is that the requirements have eased recently.

9 hours ago, JayClay said:

All applications are separate as far as I'm aware; documents are not shared between applications.

The reason that you had to provide less documents on the second application is that the requirements have eased recently.

The 2nd application was already "pre filled" in many sections from information had to be from the previous application

Could be right about the documents though

Edited by Chivas