Khon Kaen buffet fines diner 9000 baht for uneaten food

webfact

1 minute ago, HampiK said:

OK, I see what you mean and understand.

I would never go eat buffet for X-mas, birthday, Valentines or any other special day.

And I think we have to make a difference between a BBQ/Shabu buffet or a bruch/lunch/dinner buffet. or at least between a buffet where you go take your food yourself and the ones the food you order is brought to you.

I mostly not go to buffets where you have to take the food yourself, because too many people not know how to behave.

Ordered food is not a buffet by definition. A buffet is food placed in the centre for all to eat.

9 minutes ago, uttradit said:

Ordered food is not a buffet by definition. A buffet is food placed in the centre for all to eat.

Many use the wording BBQ buffet for an all you can eat buffet!

Actually after you wrote I agree with your comment, but in Thailand it's not always used that way.

4 minutes ago, HampiK said:

Many use the wording BBQ buffet for an all you can eat buffet!

Actually after you wrote I agree with your comment, but in Thailand it's not always used that way.

Rather not go. At Christmas I ate not that much. People are stuffing themselves sick to get money worth. Even if cheap it's not a pleasant experience.

• Agree 1

Par for the course here for people to get carried away when eating and these all you can eat places just ask for it. If the restaurateur gets het up when people do overeat, then do not go into that method of business. Stick to set menus, but of course that's too much effort. I'm sure they already swell cost PP anyhow; 1,150 is expensive even with a promotion and it is only Khon Kaen after all, not Kansas!