USA Passport Renewal Question

Hello all.

It's time to renew my passport and I think I understand most everything, but have a question about: "An original or certified copy of your marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order (if applicable, to document your name change) & one clear photocopy"

I have a Thai wife and don't remember this part last renewal, but either way, 1. Does this mean the colorful marriage paper (bai samkan gan samrote) that the wife laminated OR the other mainly black & white one (bai tabien samrote)? and 2. My wife would let my passport expire before she would allow me to send the original, so where/how can I get the "certified copy"?

Thanks for the help and I wish you all well.

• Like 1

that would be great if the renewal fee was still 1080.baht.  it is 130. usd now.  also fees are now paid online. usa and international credit or debit cards accepted , before no international cards. No bank drafts are accepted from what i have read.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, thaitom said:

that would be great if the renewal fee was still 1080.baht.  it is 130. usd now.  also fees are now paid online. usa and international credit or debit cards accepted , before no international cards. No bank drafts are accepted from what i have read.

IT never was 1080 baht for a US passport<  thats the card<  I have no idea what they are for )
I paid via cc in Nov

Edited by zzzzz
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

IT never was 1080 baht for a US passport<  thats the card<  I have no idea what they are for )
I paid via cc in Nov

Passport cards are accepted at the USA land borders only.   Convenient is you live in San Diego, Arizona or Texas.

They can also be used on Cruise ships entering the USA.

Not allowed for flying internationally.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

Sorry but have you changed your name since last renewal? Seems from your post you have not.

If not, it does not apply to you, as it is not applicable.

IMG_2094.jpeg

Thanks a lot for the help, and I have not changed my name. 

There is no requirement for a MALE US citizen ( unless YOU have CHANGED YOUR NAME ) to include marriage documents to renew a US passport.

Follow "to the letter" the instructions on the EMBASSY website.

IMPORTANT:  after you pay the renewal at PAY.GOV ... PRINT the PAYMENT RECEIPT.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1