New UK passport to get rid of previous educational visas?

A new UK passport can be applied for at any time, no need to wait until it is  full or nearing expiry,  you could even apply for one because you don't particularly like your current passport photo   

Edited by Bday Prang
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bday Prang said:

A new UK passport can be applied for at any time, no need to wait until it is  full or nearing expiry,  you could even apply for one because you don't particularly like your current passport photo   

Are you sure

5 minutes ago, hydraides said:

I understand they have fingerprint scanners but from contacting visa agents, apparently getting a new passport.......clears any problems of previous Ed visas

The only way that is true is if your old passport is full of those fake education visa's not on the immigraton system. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, hydraides said:

Are you sure

yes    https://www.ukabroad.net/how-often-should-you-renew-your-passport/#:~:text=You can technically renew your,nine months before it expires.

ignore the title in the link  the first paragraph states clearly

You can technically renew your British passport at any point before its expiration. However, it is best not to leave renewing your passport to the last minute. Instead, it is advised to renew your passport around nine months before it expires.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hydraides said:

From my understanding....immigration only check your history attached to the passport number you enter with in the computer when you enter

If you get a new passport..........they will only look at history on computer from that new passport number

That is my understanding from Visa companies I have contacted

Many Visa companies I have contacted have said....."get new passport to avoid any problems"

Completely and utterly wrong on every level

As recently as 18th January I had a pleasant interaction with Immigration at Suvbanabhumbi whereby I had done the 4 fingers of each hand but not the thumbs

Jokingly I said "no thumbs"

No he said I can see you've been many times before with a laugh

The new passport had just one single entry in it in October 2023

Every passport is interlinked

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

here's more proof for you

https://www.visagenie.co.uk/uk-passport-renewal  

It should be noted here that there is no particular time at which your passport needs to be renewed, you can renew your UK passport anytime. At the time of renewing your UK passport, the outstanding period on your current passport is transferred to your renewed passport, with a maximum time limit of 9 months.

9 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Completely and utterly wrong on every level

As recently as 18th January I had a pleasant interaction with Immigration at Suvbanabhumbi whereby I had done the 4 fingers of each hand but not the thumbs

Jokingly I said "no thumbs"

No he said I can see you've been many times before with a laugh

The new passport had just one single entry in it in October 2023

Every passport is interlinked

Should I be worried. Every visit in last year they only do first four fingers and then done. Never bother with 2nd hand 😀

42 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

At the time of renewing your UK passport, the outstanding period on your current passport is transferred to your renewed passport, with a maximum time limit of 9 months.

Not for some years.  They stopped doing it.

1 minute ago, Upnotover said:

Not for some years.  They stopped doing it.

I agree, you can still apply anytime though,  but you just get 10 years from the date of application,  hardly an issue for most

6 hours ago, Crossy said:

Yup, Thai immigration have these weird, almost magical, things called "computers".

In stark contrast to the VFS office handling UK passport renewals in a throwback to the 70's.

5 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

you could even apply for one because you don't particularly like your current passport photo   

Can't see all that many being prepared to suffer the rigours of the dreaded With-It Tower Passport Renewal Experience solely on those grounds - definitely not me at any rate!