Nikki Haley is trounced by the ‘none of these candidates’ option.

Pouatchee

5 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Second place in a party nomination campaign is pretty worthless. The only second place finisher who went on to win down the road was Hillary Clinton.

Sooooo HRC won the US presidential election! Was I dreaming the past 7 years?

• Confused 2

11 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

i read AN a lot... and i can't believe this hasn't made the news here yet. I just heard this on Real Time With Bill Maher in his opening monologue and i googled it... 

https://apnews.com/article/nevada-2024-presidential-primary-biden-trump-haley-d731bf8ab1e7d4a7379c07d3a37b581b

what's going on in the USA? ... god save us all....:tongue:

mods, if this topic was covered but i didnt see it, feel free to delete

Haley just isn't loveable enough.

I wouldn't have supported her either.

38 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Haley just isn't loveable enough.

I wouldn't have supported her either.

She's a globalist (and warmonger) and the US is already $34T in debt, on top of household debt of over $17T.  Taxpayers don't want to see our money funding gender equity programs in Slobovia, or military incursions into Podunkistan.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, impulse said:

She's a globalist (and warmonger) and the US is already $34T in debt, on top of household debt of over $17T.  Taxpayers don't want to see our money funding gender equity programs in Slobovia, or military incursions into Podunkistan.

Even more she is just not a nice person, from what I have seen of her.

It may be unfair, but a female candidate has to be more appealing ( I'm not talking physically- if that was a criteria Merkle would never have been a look in ) to voters than a male is, and IMO Haley is a fail on that.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Hillary Clinton won the Democratic nomination in 2016. I was talking about party nomination contests.

How does your picking the wrong nits help Trump?

Touché ouch!!lol 

In the MAGA world, there is only leader at a time.

Some of you may remember when the Leader was Dick Cheney.  When the Leader changes, old policy precepts go out the window.

When Cheney was in charge, the uneducated were all for war to kill the Muslims. Now, the same people say that war is a bad thing.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

When Cheney was in charge, the uneducated were all for war to kill the Muslims. Now, the same people say that war is a bad thing.

i am neither for trump, nor biden. both are mockeries of what a president should be. following your comment i googled about which party has started the most wars. the result is interesting:

Here is a list of which political parties have started the most wars:

• Democratic Party: 7 wars
  • Republican Party: 5 wars
  • Whig Party: 1 war

The Democratic Party has started the most wars. 

The Democratic Party has started a total of 7 wars. 

The wars that the Democratic Party has started includes:

• the War of 1812
  • the Mexican-American War
  • the Spanish-American War
  • World War I
  • World War II
  • the Korean War
  • the Vietnam War

The Republican Party has started a total of 5 wars. 

The wars that the Republican Party has started includes:

• American Civil War
  • the Gulf War
  • the War in Afghanistan
  • the Iraq War
  • the War on Terror

https://www.thehivelaw.com/blog/which-political-party-started-the-most-wars/

i'm still not sure what the war on terror implies

Edited by Pouatchee

6 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

i am neither for trump, nor biden. both are mockeries of what a president should be. following your comment i googled about which party has started the most wars. the result is interesting:

Yea that Biden a mockery sure lowering drug prices for seniors (mockery)infrastructure,labor,Ukraine,nato,Israel,taming inflation,all an absolute mockery humm???get real your post is ridiculous

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Tug said:

Yea that Biden a mockery sure lowering drug prices for seniors (mockery)infrastructure,labor,Ukraine,nato,Israel,taming inflation,all an absolute mockery humm???get real your post is ridiculous

geeez.... i just love guys like you. so blind in your convictions that you are willing to steam roll anything in your path. BOTH are idiots. you think that its the actual president who comes up with the policies? if you do well... 

bash me all you want. i wont respond to you anymore. 

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Haley needs only stay in the game for a few weeks beyond the point Trump can’t hide from the cameras any longer.

She and her advisers know that Trump’s brain is mush.

Prospective Republican voters will know that once Trump’s handlers lose control of the narrative.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pouatchee said:

geeez.... i just love guys like you. so blind in your convictions that you are willing to steam roll anything in your path. BOTH are idiots. you think that its the actual president who comes up with the policies? if you do well... 

bash me all you want. i wont respond to you anymore. 

Does it matter who comes up with the policies? The president hires a team and the team comes up with the policies. 

Imo except Trump who knows all about everything better than anyone.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Haley needs only stay in the game for a few weeks beyond the point Trump can’t hide from the cameras any longer.

She and her advisers know that Trump’s brain is mush.

Prospective Republican voters will know that once Trump’s handlers lose control of the narrative.

Haley's only chance is if Trump has a breakdown in the coming weeks. He would have to get a lot worse to have to drop out.

Unfortunately for Haley, she will probably have to "suspend" her campaign before Trump is convicted in the Manhattan case next month.

5 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

Very bad from the Democrats to start the Mexican war and WW1, WW2! 🤣

From your link the Republicans started all the recent wars

the Gulf War

the War in Afghanistan

the Iraq War

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, candide said:

Very bad from the Democrats to start the Mexican war and WW1, WW2! 🤣

From your link the Republicans started all the recent wars

the Gulf War

the War in Afghanistan

the Iraq War

just a link i found when i googled. if the facts are otherwise i sure would like to know. be it the democrats or the republicans i find america is in too many wars anyways. only war i think shouldnt be there is the war on terror...

right now this whole thing about trump and biden is so out of control that families are affected, neighbors are affected and even members here on AN are affected. people are steam rolling each other over opinions. it has never been this bad as far as i can remember. growing up i was always taught that everyone has a right to his/her opinion. right now, in the world, all i can see is that people think that if they yell the loudest they are right... not the right way to teach the new generations. then people complain that the kids are out of control. i wonder why...

Edited by Pouatchee
  • Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Haley's only chance is if Trump has a breakdown in the coming weeks. He would have to get a lot worse to have to drop out.

Unfortunately for Haley, she will probably have to "suspend" her campaign before Trump is convicted in the Manhattan case next month.

If you had left it at the first sentence I'd have given you a like. You can't possibly know if Trump is going to be convicted of anything.

A giant block of ice from the sky could fall on him too, but I don't claim to know if it will happen.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

Wasn't that something Bush the younger invented to allow him to declare a couple of wars he shouldn't have started?

12 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

In the MAGA world, there is only leader at a time.

Some of you may remember when the Leader was Dick Cheney.  When the Leader changes, old policy precepts go out the window.

Prove it.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

just a link i found when i googled. if the facts are otherwise i sure would like to know. be it the democrats or the republicans i find america is in too many wars anyways. only war i think shouldnt be there is the war on terror...

right now this whole thing about trump and biden is so out of control that families are affected, neighbors are affected and even members here on AN are affected. people are steam rolling each other over opinions. it has never been this bad as far as i can remember. growing up i was always taught that everyone has a right to his/her opinion. right now, in the world, all i can see is that people think that if they yell the loudest they are right... not the right way to teach the new generations. then people complain that the kids are out of control. i wonder why...

The key issue is that everyone has a right to her/his opinion, but not to her/his own facts. It never happened in the past that one side made up its own facts to this extent (except maybe about the war in Iraq).

42 minutes ago, candide said:

The key issue is that everyone has a right to her/his opinion, but not to her/his own facts. It never happened in the past that one side made up its own facts to this extent (except maybe about the war in Iraq).

in this case, if you dont like the facts to the link i gave [i did give the link and none of what i quoted came from me] then do your due diligence and argue with proof the facts that i found on google. as far as i know there is nothing wrong with what was stated. just cos we dont like something doesnt make it wrong. back up your allegation that i gave false facts [from a link] with your own verifiable facts [link included] and i will say that the information i found was dubious.

did you at least click on the link i gave and go read the information by scrolling down the page? the information, dates and presidents in office... are there to see. if you didnt read and check then this is a non debatable argument

Edited by Pouatchee

2 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

in this case, if you dont like the facts to the link i gave [i did give the link and none of what i quoted came from me] then do your due diligence and argue with proof the facts that i found on google. as far as i know there is nothing wrong with what was stated. just cos we dont like something doesnt make it wrong. back up your allegation that i gave false facts [from a link] with your own verifiable facts [link included] and i will say that the information i found was dubious.

Sorry, you misunderstood me. That was absolutely not aimed at you. Your post was showing real facts, I gave a comment about them in my first post (Democrats may have started more wars, but the recent wars have been started by Republicans). No problem at all.

My second reply was my explanation about why "it is so out of control" now. For example, when one political leader continuously claims, without evidence, that there had been massive fraud and that he actually won the election (and even after it has been debunked by courts and multiple audits and recounts), and the majority of his supporters believe him, how cannot it get out of control?

I can cite a long list of other MAGA alternative facts, but I guess you also know them.

3 minutes ago, candide said:

Sorry, you misunderstood me. That was absolutely not aimed at you.

thanks for the clarification. no hard feelings. its just that some people on here get carried away at nothing. 

cheers... i misunderstood your posts

1 minute ago, Pouatchee said:

thanks for the clarification. no hard feelings. its just that some people on here get carried away at nothing. 

cheers... i misunderstood your posts

No problem. It also happens to me sometimes.