Required Bank Letter in Pattaya from Kasikorn Bank - Does anyone have a sample.

Last year I had difficulties with Bangkok Bank.  Specifically, it took me 6 trips to finally get all the information correct.  I had got documents that in one case had someone elses account number on them.  At immigration I was given the attached "sample" letter and the immigration officer said it must be in this format for the monthly otherwise immigration would not accept it.  Finally, I got Bankgok bank to prepare a letter like the one the immigration officer gave me. The immigration officer said it was required that all the banks use the same format.  Given that Bangkok Bank takes for some unexplained reason 1 week to get a 1-year bank statement I was told Kasikorn could do it immediately. 

I went to Kasikorn asked if they could so same day and did they prepare such a letter with the same format as the one immigration had given as a sample.  As you can guess it is now 1 year later and I returned to get my one year bank statement and letter.  They told me that yes they could give me the one year bank statement immediately but no under no circumstance would they prepare the letter in the format requested by immigration.   After much relenting they finally offered to give me the managers phone number and have immigration call her if it was required.  Now I can envision a couple of scenarios.  One where immigration refuses to give me a visa without the letter and refuses to call Kasikorn.,  The second where they refuse to give me a visa without the letter and they call Kasikorn who still refuses to  prepare the letter.   Kasisorn was hung up on the fact that the sample letter came from Bangkok Bank.  

Does anyone have a sample letter with name and account info blacked out that I can use to show the branch YES  KASIKORN DOES DO THIS. 

BBL_FTT.jpg

With Kasikorn I also prepare a spread sheet every year summarising the monthly income payments and a copy of monthly statements with the income highlighted. Locally I have to use the Branch with an international department.

I have the managers email address and phone number and contact him.in advance. I get sent a 2 page letter from them listing the monthly income.

12 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Avoid using term "bank letter" that refers to this https://aseannow.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=786616 

Bank letter is just letter from bank that confirms you are the owner of the account and balance.

Have never seen the photocopy of the "statement" in your OP.

Kasikorn can provide you 12 months "Bank Statements" on day you apply. 200b.

Bangkok bank take few days to do the same. 

Jomitien should accept 12 month bank statement showing monthly transfers from abroad. 

Perhaps immigration is asking for credit advice for some transfers to show they came from abroad. 

Jomtien do not accept just bank statements showing the transfers from abroad....even accompanied by WISE pdfs. 

The IO in Jomtien gave me a specimen 'letter of certification'? and I had to go to Pattaya Klang branch of Kasikorn to arrange it. 200 Baht I think.

18 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

It may be easier for you to get an agent if you are struggling. 

If you've done everything right with 800k baht the agent will only charge you a few thousand baht. 

This is about monthly income.

8 minutes ago, norbra said:

Was this provided by a retail or trade/finance branch? Was it compiled as you wait or did you have to order it?

Thanks

As said above - Pattaya Klang branch (international desk on the right). 

The IO gave me that specimen and I went to K Bank on Beach Road, Jomtien (where I have an account). They said I could only get it at Pattaya Klang.

Very simple and efficient  when I got there. 200 Baht I think.

3 hours ago, ross163103 said:

I've always provided this--from Kasikorn, for many years with no issues.

Has this been at the Pattaya immigration office?

15 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

You could do with the help of an agent also

Use of agents was not asked for by the OP.

The agent has nothing to do with posts about bank statement.

Also your post about the gym friend that uses agent 15k is also off topic .

At a guess that guy is using agent for extension based on retirement without any funds (money in bank method)

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, DPKANKAN said:

With Kasikorn I also prepare a spread sheet every year summarising the monthly income payments and a copy of monthly statements with the income highlighted. Locally I have to use the Branch with an international department.

I have the managers email address and phone number and contact him.in advance. I get sent a 2 page letter from them listing the monthly income.

Is this for the Pattaya immigration office?

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

It may be easier for you to get an agent if you are struggling. 

If you've done everything right with 800k baht the agent will only charge you a few thousand baht. 

The OP uses the monthly income method, not 800k in the bank.

Jomtien, October 2023 requirements:

Bank letter (proof that I hold a bank account)

12 month bank statement

Copies of bank book pages for the past year

A second bank letter itemising each monthly transfer of 65,000THB or over.

Edited by chickenslegs
  • Like 1

I use Kasikorn for my immigration paperwork and certainly in Pattaya the various Kasikorn branches know exactly what the immigration office wants. They give me a letter every year and a statement through the previous day ( on demand). Immigration is always satisfied with what I give them.

You don’t say which office you’re using, but as long as it’s got all the info immigration want I don’t think it’ll be an issue.

• Like 1

I have not read every post in this topic so forgive me if the following has been discussed.

In my experience any branch can provide a letter that proves you have an account with Kasikonrn.

BUT ... only the main branch can provide a letter that itemises 12 international imports (65,000 baht income minimum) 

I know this for certain as 2 years ago I attempted to get a letter from my normal branch in the correct format.

They said no .. go to main branch. That is the one in Central Road.

Immigration were not very helpful the first year, not explaining what exactly was wrong but told me eventually. I guess they want me to use an agent.

Last year I thought I was being clever and just get the letter from the Jomtien branch. They gave me a print out of incomings and outgoings from my account. I was not convinced but it might have changed I thought ... as they near Jomtien Immigration and I thought must do many such letters .. I took it to try renew my retirement extension.

(Jomtien branch easier to get to than the main branch).

But no. They  (Immigration) just want the 12 international imports listed and rejected this format for second year. Durrrrrr I should have freaking learnt.

I went to the main branch again and got the info in the correct format and they confirmed they were the only branch that can list International incomings (and not all the account ins and outs). 

Confusion reigns a bit even after you get to the main branch. As not all employees know anything about it.

You need the desk far right as you enter.

Well that was the desk last 2 years but things change, I guess.

I have thought it very strange there was no other chat room chatter about this .. till now I have not seen any .. if indeed the problem is as in my case. 

Edited by PAWNEESE
  • Agree 1

On 2/12/2024 at 7:51 AM, AAArdvark said:

Be is asking for a sample

Sorry but they only give one copy and that goes to immigration, I don't keep a copy of it. It's just a year long statement of all transactions, mine doesn't have many as it's a fixed account and nothing moves in/out of it, I only keep it for the visa extension.

On 2/12/2024 at 9:23 AM, hotandsticky said:

As said above - Pattaya Klang branch (international desk on the right). 

The IO gave me that specimen and I went to K Bank on Beach Road, Jomtien (where I have an account). They said I could only get it at Pattaya Klang.

Very simple and efficient  when I got there. 200 Baht I think.

This is the correct answer

Yes Kasikorn does the letter and yes it is at Pattaya Klang International Desk.  While there is no legal requirement for such a letter, last year I was told by a very obstinate immigration officer that if I did not have the letter in that format I wouldn't get the visa.  I told him the bank refused to do.  He took my bank book and a few minutes later returned and said he had talked to the Bangkok Bank manager in Pattaya Klang and my letter would be available in two days. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had a similar problem, but it was with the wording on the form. It got so technical that they were requesting the form specify which was my last name and first name underneath my name.

It was that particular clerk. So make sure you don't see the same person each time when you go in. Some people just keep requesting more changes if they don't want to provide what you need for some reason instead of saying no.

Edited by JimTripper