Overwhelming majority think Biden is too old to serve following Hur report: Poll

Social Media

6 hours ago, AlexRich said:

for what it’s worth, I don’t think anyone should be President at 80, but I’d rather have an embalmed Joe Biden in his casket as President than Donald J Trump … who is a danger to the world and the most corrupt of them all. That such a large % of the US public can’t see that is beyond my understanding. 

If Trump is such a danger to the world, why aren't the Dems willing to manoeuvre Biden out of the way and replace him with someone who can beat Trump in the election? 

Surely by keeping a cognitively declining Biden in place it almost guarantees a Trump presidency! 

Or do you think Biden is going to miraculously get better and run a successful campaign?  

• Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

If Trump is such a danger to the world, why aren't the Dems willing to manoeuvre Biden out of the way and replace him with someone who can beat Trump in the election? 

Surely by keeping a cognitively declining Biden in place it almost guarantees a Trump presidency! 

Or do you think Biden is going to miraculously get better and run a successful campaign?  

Biden has a good chance of beating Trump. He won't get better, but he will be good enough, barring a health issue.

On the other hand, Trump is deteriorating before our eyes, so it's possible Trump's age will be a bigger factor than Biden's.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

On the other hand, Trump is deteriorating before our eyes, so it's possible Trump's age will be a bigger factor than Biden's.

Honestly, I think you're kidding yourself. I wish they'd both be replaced, but I'm not in denial about Biden's obvious rapid decline versus Trump's gradual decline. 

14 hours ago, Purdey said:

Who passes more laws that immediately affect ordinary people, representatives and senators or the president?

Is the president allowed to enter the nuclear codes without supervision or is it just a hoary old myth?

From what I understand most US politicians just vote on party lines, so they likely don't even understand the full complexity of what they are voting on, especially as some bills may have dozens of complicated pages to read. Some have hundreds of pages.

I certainly hope the president can't just start a nuclear strike without advice. I don't know if they have absolute power over it or not.

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Biden has a good chance of beating Trump. He won't get better, but he will be good enough, barring a health issue.

What happens when you take off those blue coloured glasses?

4 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

I'm buying popcorn to get ready for the presidential debates. Should be immensely entertaining.

• Love It 1

4 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

I've no idea. I don't know how easy it would be to manoeuvre Biden out of the race. But I don't think a Trump win is a foregone conclusion ... there's a long way to go. 

18 hours ago, NickyLouie said:

What is even more sad is the majority of Democrats would vote for him again in a heartbeat.

What's sad about that? He's done a good job, and the alternative is unthinkable.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

I've no idea. I don't know how easy it would be to manoeuvre Biden out of the race. But I don't think a Trump win is a foregone conclusion ... there's a long way to go. 

Indeed there is a long way to go. Anything can happen between now and then. Another war in the Middle East, death of one or both, common sense descending and both getting "removed" from contention ( legally, not in a bad way ). The future is not ours to see, que sera sera.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's nothing to do with what he has done, but whether he is capable of being POTUS for another 4 years. Many of us don't think he is.

I agree that that’s a valid concern, and there’s a pretty big difference between 78 years old, when Biden first took office, and 86, the age at which he’d finish his second term. I would be happier if the Democrats had put someone else forward a year ago. But if Biden starts to deteriorate rapidly during a second term, I have no misgivings about Harris serving in his stead, and frankly I’ve never understood all the hatred toward her; I find it irrational if not racist/misogynistic.

As for Biden right now, despite his gaffes and stumbles in public, all reports are that he remains in full control of his faculties, with a firm grasp of facts, where it counts -- in meetings where policy and strategy are actually determined. His presumptive opponent, on the other hand, has gaffed and stumbled a great deal more in public, and in private he’s even worse, all temper tantrums and lunatic ideas with no basis in reality.

In the end, I don’t care who the Democratic candidate is, because as I stated, the alternative is unthinkable.

12 hours ago, AlexRich said:

So you are desperate to vote for a guy like Trump, who refused to visit a US military cemetery in Europe because he didn't want to honour "losers and suckers"? 

You get what you deserve.

Trump was offended by the military. Unlike the coward who got 5 deferrments when his nation asked him to serve, the military men and women consistently put their own lives on the line. Don Don cannot relate to self sacrifice. So, he belittles them, betraying his own lack of dignity. That is just who he is. The ultimate lowlife. McCain was a hero. Don has always been a coward. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's nothing to do with what he has done, but whether he is capable of being POTUS for another 4 years. Many of us don't think he is.

What you think doesent matter you can’t vote you only cast stones.there are many elders in positions of authority Warren Buffett comes to mind,Joe Biden and team have done a good job with a good team backing them up it will be just fine

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, AlexRich said:

Hur is a conservative appointment, who knew exactly what he was doing. He couldn’t charge Biden so he undermined him publicly. 

For what it’s worth, I don’t think anyone should be President at 80, but I’d rather have an embalmed Joe Biden in his casket as President than Donald J Trump … who is a danger to the world and the most corrupt of them all. That such a large % of the US public can’t see that is beyond my understanding. 

Wouldn't it be better if the Dems had a new leader of their party ?

Joe  step down and someone more able take over 

Pretty obvious that the Democrats should field a younger candidate. Will their leadership eventually see the light though? Their track record of pushing their favorite down the voters' throats speaks volumes. 

6 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Wouldn't it be better if the Dems had a new leader of their party ?

Joe  step down and someone more able take over 

Couldn’t we say the same thing about the GOP, who are attempting to put a treasonous insurrectionist into the White House? 

2 hours ago, AlexRich said:

Couldn’t we say the same thing about the GOP, who are attempting to put a treasonous insurrectionist into the White House? 

Yes Alex, you could say the same thing about Trump . 

But this is a thread about Joe Biden and so it would be off topic