Jump to content

Thailand braces for cold front and fierce monsoons


Recommended Posts

1-50.jpg

 

The Meteorological Department of Thailand (TMD) issued a severe weather warning due to a powerful cold front and strong northeastern monsoons affecting various regions of the country. The warning, specifically targeting the upper part of Thailand and the lower Gulf of Thailand, indicates that the nation is experiencing unusually volatile weather patterns, leading to cooler to cold temperatures in the north and northeastern parts, and heavy monsoonal impacts in the southern region.

 

The high-pressure system from China, which is now covering the upper part of Thailand, has caused temperatures to plummet, resulting in cold to chilly weather across the northern and northeastern regions. The central region, including Bangkok and its vicinity, is experiencing cooler weather, especially in the mornings. Residents in the upper parts of the country are advised to take care of their health due to the rapid drop in temperatures, reported KhaoSod.

 

In response to the northeastern monsoon that is covering the Gulf of Thailand and the southern part of the country, the TMD reported that the lower Gulf of Thailand is witnessing strong winds with wave heights ranging from 2 to 3 meters. In areas where thunderstorms are prevalent, waves are expected to exceed 3 meters. This has led to a warning for residents along the southern coastal regions on the eastern side to be cautious of the dangerous high waves crashing towards the shore.

 

By Nattapong Westwood

Caption: Photo courtesy of iStock

 

Full story: The Thaiger 2024-02-12

 

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

 

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

 

Join us now!

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Why does a Weather Warning have a photo of a train?

And my first laugh of the day goes to you, KannikaP! 

  

                     Your next drink is on me

  • Love It 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Severe? Fierce?

Such dramatic words.

Today at noon I gave up and switched on AC in the car.

Misc weather forecasts for our area show a chilly 16 C (60 F) for tomorrow morning, cool 29 C ( 84 F) at noon and unbelievable wind speeds of 7 kph.

Today some leafs have fallen from the trees. Believe or not :tongue:

Fierce mild.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Meteorological Department of Thailand (TMD) issued a severe weather warning due to a powerful cold front and strong northeastern monsoons affecting various regions of the country. The warning, specifically targeting the upper part of Thailand and the lower Gulf of Thailand, indicates that the nation is experiencing unusually volatile weather patterns, leading to cooler to cold temperatures in the north and northeastern parts, and heavy monsoonal impacts in the southern region.

I hope it meets in the middle to cover the central regions, afternoon temps are stifling at the moment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Severe? Fierce?

Such dramatic words.

Today at noon I gave up and switched on AC in the car.

Misc weather forecasts for our area show a chilly 16 C (60 F) for tomorrow morning, cool 29 C ( 84 F) at noon and unbelievable wind speeds of 7 kph.

Today some leafs have fallen from the trees. Believe or not :tongue:

 

Mine too  !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mamypoko said:

And my first laugh of the day goes to you, KannikaP! 

  

                     Your next drink is on me

And your member name gives me mine. Cheers.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...