Online 90-day Rejected

Just had my online 90 day report rejected. The reason 'Incomplete information provided.' That has to be a completely stupid reason for it to be rejected. Failure not to fill out the online report correctly won't allow ones application to be accepted. For it to be accepted tells me I filled it out correctly.

Edited by IvorBiggun2

Just now, IvorBiggun2 said:

Just had my online 90 day report rejected. The reason 'Incomplete information provided.' That has to be a completely stupid reason for it to be rejected. Failure not to fill out the online report correctly won't allow ones application to be accepted. To be accepted tells me I filled it out correctly.

You can file it online again without problem. But try to find out if something was missing. It happened to me before and there was a very minor error on my side.

Just now, msbkk said:

You can file it online again without problem. But try to find out if something was missing. It happened to me before and there was a very minor error on my side.

Thanks. I've just done that. I've been doing online reports since they first started so I do know what's required.

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

The fine is 4,000 Baht and 200 per day there after to a maximum of 5,000 Baht.

No, it is not, it is up to 5k and up to 200 a day until the fine is paid.

Section 76

Any alien, who fails to comply with the provisions of Section 37(2), (3), (4) or (5) shall be punished with a fine not exceeding 5,000 Baht and with an additional fine not exceeding 200 Baht for each day which passes until the law is complied with.

https://library.siam-legal.com/thai-law/thai-immigration-act-penalty-sections-61-84/

Edited by bigt3116

3 minutes ago, bigt3116 said:

No, it is not, it is up to 5k and up to 200 a day until the fine is paid.

It is a 4,000 Baht fine with a 200 Baht extra per day thereafter not to exceed 5,000 Baht total. 

19 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

It is a 4,000 Baht fine with a 200 Baht extra per day thereafter not to exceed 5,000 Baht total. 

Which part of the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 that I posted a link to did you not understand ?

Section 76

Any alien, who fails to comply with the provisions of Section 37(2), (3), (4) or (5) shall be punished with a fine not exceeding 5,000 Baht and with an additional fine not exceeding 200 Baht for each day which passes until the law is complied with.

Clearly states up to 5k fine AND up to 200 a day until you pay.

Edited by bigt3116

1 hour ago, bigt3116 said:

Clearly states up to 5k fine AND up to 200 a day until you pay.

If fail to notify and be arrested the fine must be at least 4,000 Baht. And with an additional fine not exceeding 200 Baht for each day which passes until the law is complied with.

10 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Do I understand correctly that even though an application is rejected, the applicant, having complied with the requirements, cannot be penalized as he has not committed any transgression of the law?

For a start, there is no application for something to be granted or rejected. It is important to understand this.

There is a notification to be made by the foreigner to "the competent official at the Immigration Division" as prescribed by Section 37(5) of the Immigration Act

(5) Staying in the Kingdom longer than ninety days, an alien shall notify the
competent official at the Immigration Division, of his or her residence, in writing, without
delay, upon the completion of a ninety day period. This shall be repeated at every ninety
day interval. If there is an immigration office in the locality, the notification may be made to
the competent official of that immigration office.

It is tacitly understood that the notification must be made in the form required by the immigration office (IO) and the IO can either accept it – tacitly or explicitly – as correctly submitted or, if it is incorrectly or incompletely submitted, inform the foreigner accordingly.

9 hours ago, bigt3116 said:

Sorry, but what on earth are you on about? It is clearly stated on the immigration website. Do you think the webmaster at immigration just makes things up and publishes them ?...

Yes, it is clearly stated on the immigration website, and that statement is clearly wrong.

8 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Just had my online 90 day report rejected. The reason 'Incomplete information provided.' That has to be a completely stupid reason for it to be rejected. Failure not to fill out the online report correctly won't allow ones application to be accepted. For it to be accepted tells me I filled it out correctly.

Submitted the TM47 a second time and filled in questions that aren't relevant and I gets my TM47 application approved. Go figure.

9 hours ago, bigt3116 said:

The web page to which the first link you have given leads correctly quotes the notification requirement stated in Section 37 of the Immigration Act.

The web page to which the second link you have given leads correctly quotes

a) Section 84, under which an immigration office can issue a fine for contravention of Section 37(5), and

b) Section 76, under which a judge can impose a penalty for contravention of Section 37(5) if the foreigner is arrested and prosecuted.

Neither of these two sections states that "If a foreigner who did not make the notification of staying over 90 days is arrested, he will be fined 5,000.- Baht"

2 hours ago, Thailaces said:

Well, as it turns out I've managed to secure acceptance of filing notification this morning. Confirmation came this afternoon. Thanks to all who have contributed helpful suggestions.

If you have NOT moved and have registered an address previously, sometimes a hotel stay can throw off their data, if your online 90 day is rejected go through the drive-thru they will update it.... worked for me...