Medical Certificate essential for Driving License application

There are many clinics around Pattaya and Jomtien which do the medical certificate for 100-150 Baht.  Not much evaluation but necessary piece of paper to submit for a license or renewal.  There is a clinic next to 7-11 at the Machanu statue intersection where Thrappaya Road turns right down to Jomtien Beach Road.  Can go and get the certificate while waiting for Immigration to prepare your residency letter.  As they are cheap I always get two (car & motorbike) as you never know if one original is enough and not worth wasting a day to do over again.

18 hours ago, gomangosteen said:

In December I went to DLT Chanthaburi to check on the latest requirements for car and motorbike licences.

I was given a list of documents plus address for a suggested medical centre; 100 baht fee - they filled out the form with height, weight, blood pressure, blood type, signed and stamped, that was it, a bargain.

Blood type?, I have never had blood taken for a medical, is this a new thing? 

I have never heard of that, and at 72 I still don't know what my blood type is 'cept red. 

1 minute ago, brianthainess said:

Blood type?, I have never had blood taken for a medical, is this a new thing? 

I have never heard of that, and at 72 I still don't know what my blood type is 'cept red. 

No - no sample taken (!), just a question and an A+ written on the form. Easy to remember it's better than any grade I got in uni days.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Some people, Not me, 'cause i would never do such thing being the law abiding citizen I am,  , just wait in the car, while their wives goes it the clinic  and gets the application stamped.  

Reprehensible!! 

In my neck of the woods, one goes to a town centre clinIc, and tells the receptionist whats wanted, She fills in a form, wanders into the Doctors offfice for a few seconds and then provides a signed form stating you have good health for ........50baht!!

WHAT A FARCE/................LIKE SO MUCH IN THAILAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Delight said:

I was interested in quick service. Pattaya International was quick.

this man did not know about 'any clinic'.

lived in Pattaya for 18 years-only ever used private hospitals .

Very infrequently

I submitted this post to help others -not to attract comments like yours

Posted to help others but made yourself look stupid in the process. There are loads of walk in clinics in Pattaya for 100 or 150 baht that give a 10 minute service, most don't even examine you. The fact you paid 1100 baht is laughable.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, prakhonchai nick said:

In my neck of the woods, one goes to a town centre clinIc, and tells the receptionist whats wanted, She fills in a form, wanders into the Doctors offfice for a few seconds and then provides a signed form stating you have good health for ........50baht!!

WHAT A FARCE/................LIKE SO MUCH IN THAILAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the docter fills in at blood pressure values? Every docter knows this medical document costs 100 bht, 3 years ago it was 50 bht.

Motorbike licence ran out 10 months ago, went to the local driving school to get the relevant docs, cost 200baht, passed the exam without sitting it😂. Got a medical for 200baht, did get thoroughly examined though. The driving school told me just to walk in at Pattaya test centre, walked in as instructed and was told by the lady behind the desk that an appointment is necessary. The next available date was 12th March. Incidentally Thais can just walk in, discrimination much. 😕