British man dies in Phuket motorbike accident

webfact

image.jpeg

A 34 year old British man has died in a motorbike accident in Phuket in the early hours of yesterday, February 15. The accident, involving 3 vehicles, happened in Rawai and the bike rider died at the scene, according to The Phuket News.

Chalong Police arrived on the scene, outside a 7 Eleven store on Patak Road, shortly after 5am. Officers found 3 damaged vehicles: the British man’s Honda motorbike, a pick-up truck belonging to 27 year old Hakarn Yuso, and a Toyota minivan belonging to 49 year old Suradet Sawangsri.

According to the report, CCTV footage from the area shows the British man travelling from Kata Beach and heading for Chalong circle.

By Peter Roche

PHOTOS: The Phuket News

Full story: PhuketGO 2024-02-16

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

• Sad 2

11 minutes ago, stoner said:

driving in phuket is tame compared to bkk.

I never found Phuket that bad. Just like always take care on the turns. Most accidents happen on turns or due to speed. So if you slow down and take care on turns not so bad.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

So that the original report is read!   That's why a link is provided.

Oh, I see.  I thought it was to get everyone riled up making comments and accusations according to their biases.

Information and facts is not conducive to bickering.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BritScot said:

You presume people who chose to ride motorbikes are poor! Last vehicle I had in Thailand was a Ford Everest 4×4, and 3 motorbikes all of which I bought from new. I've riden motorbikes for 47 years. For me and many like me a car is something you need and would never dream of going for a drive in for pleasure, however, my motorbikes are for pure enjoyment and I love just going out for a ride....... 

Thanks, well said. 

There's lots of good riding to be had out there. Have fun and stay safe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, swerve said:

Yes, it's a straight and well-lit stretch of road.  Problem is drivers go too fast on it.

It's a built up and hectic part of Chalong, not sure why it says Rawai. I drive this stretch of road everyday.

There are lots of side roads on this stretch with alot of residential units, restaurants, accommodation, 7/11, weed shops, bars in the area.

At that hour of the morning it's fairly quiet, the road gets busier between 6-7 as hotel workers are on their way to and from work but this is earlier than that . Can only guess the driver was coming home from a night in Patong and speed/stimulants were involved. During the day there are bikes zig zagging every which way but not at this hour.

Phuket roads are lethal

Edited by Startmeup

Just a litany of conjecture and speculation - so here again it seems that several people consider they are qualified to give a detailed report on this crash des[ite they fact they have been nowhere near the event  - even the police won't write a proper report.

Edited by kwilco

We can speculate all we want but the accident happened at 5 AM in the morning.  Wrong time to be out on the roads with a bike, especially if you are a foreigner. 

Maybe he was intoxicated, maybe not, but some people do not think about the consequences. RIP.