Udon Thani youth wreak havoc in neighbouring village

snoop1130

โจ๋ต่อย.jpg

A violent clash between youth groups from neighbouring villages in Udon Thani province escalated into a full-blown conflict, leading to a series of disturbing incidents that have left residents living in fear.

The feud, which has intensified over the past month, has seen teenagers armed with guns, explosives, and knives from the village of Ban Muang in Sakon Nakhon province, causing havoc in the Nong Ka Non Sim community of Ban Dung district.

The dispute reached a new peak on the evening of February 11, when a young man, known as Moo Yorng, was rendered unconscious after being kicked in the neck by Bas, a teenager from the rival Nong Phak Sai village. The incident, which took place at 6pm, resulted in Moo Yorng being hospitalised at Somdet Phra Yupparat Ban Dung Hospital.

Moo Yorng claimed the attack was motivated not by jealousy over his looks, as initially suggested by some but was an act of aggression stemming from mockery in a Facebook story. Moo Yorng’s grandmother recounted that the altercation began when her grandson went to get a haircut and encountered the group from Nong Phak Sai, eventually leading to a violent confrontation.

By Nattapong Westwood

Caption: Photo courtesy of KhaoSod

Full story: The Thaiger 2024-02-16

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

• Sad 1

Trouble, oh we got trouble,
Right here in River City!

With a capital "T"
That rhymes with "P"
And that stands for Pool,
That stands for pool.
We've surely got trouble!
Right here in River City,
Right here!
Gotta figger out a way
To keep the young ones moral after school!
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble...

• Confused 4
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The feud, which has intensified over the past month, has seen teenagers armed with guns, explosives, and knives from the village of Ban Muang i

So what have the RTP been doing for a month? Reconciliation seriously, that wont work with these hoodlums or them offering compensation.  They should be banged up and only get day release if they are still in school. No free time outside of school/work if they actually do any work. tag 'em all. Make them or the parents pay 7/9k baht for the tags, or they stay banged up. Rid this country of so many guns.

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

โจ๋ต่อย.jpg

Moo Yorng’s grandmother recounted that the altercation began when her grandson went to get a haircut and encountered the group from Nong Phak Sai, eventually leading to a violent confrontation.

Is that the "grandmother" on the right in the photo? I thought it was his mother. They sure like to have their kids while in their teens over in Isan.

Edited by bbi1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Phil1964 said:

You're right. 

But at least here we don't give false smiles to pretend we like farangs!!

I get the smiley bit. I think the worst thing this country does is promote this land of smiles nonsense. Thainess...it's bound to wind people up but in the UK a youth ruck results in a kid getting knifed to death.

Kids from neighbouring areas beating each other up over territory is plain old tribalism. Could be any country in the world this.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Is that the "grandmother" on the right in the photo? I thought it was his mother. They sure like to have their kids while in their teens over in Isan.

nah... just lady grecian formula... keeps the hair nice, black and silky

would love to try it but me be baldie