Sadiq Khan blocks late Queen statue in Trafalgar Square until 2030 in favour of 'woke' art

Social Media

11 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

having a rotating arts exhibit is now anti-British? Well I never! 

I think you misunderstood. 🙄

The anti-British in the UK, which includes SK, will love Queen Elizabeth II's memorial not being put on the plinth..... 

Is that clearer for you...........🤭

11 hours ago, radiochaser said:

You are one of the woke ones, whether you know it or not.

I know I'm "woke". I'm proud to be educated, enlightened and not bigoted.

It seems like you are one of those with no clue what the word means.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, transam said:

The anti-British in the UK, which includes SK, will love Queen Elizabeth II's memorial not being put on the plinth..... 

Do we really need another lump of marble to remember her? If the original agreement to continue to use the plinth as a rotating art exhibition is not ditched, are we in danger of the general population forgetting her any time soon?

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

It seems like you are one of those with no clue what the word means.

I disagree, you have in the past displayed very strong bigotry.  

I have found that the definition of woke, depends on what a particular person of group, wants it to be.   Are you also a progressive?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RuamRudy said:

Do we really need another lump of marble to remember her? If the original agreement to continue to use the plinth as a rotating art exhibition is not ditched, are we in danger of the general population forgetting her any time soon?

There we are, an anti-Brit Brit...........Didn't take long for one to show up, did it...............😬

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, radiochaser said:

I disagree, you have in the past displayed very strong bigotry.  

I have found that the definition of woke, depends on what a particular person of group, wants it to be.   Are you also a progressive?

In what dictionary did you "find that"? The rules of this forum require that we speak English here.

25 minutes ago, transam said:

There we are, an anti-Brit Brit...........Didn't take long for one to show up, did it...............😬

How can you possibly interpret my post as being anti British? I presume you are more than simply a bot spewing out meaningless ad-hominems? Is there actual substance to your post?

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

How can you possibly interpret my post as being anti British? I presume you are more than simply a bot spewing out meaningless ad-hominems? Is there actual substance to your post?

Been reading your posts for years chummy, I have your "picture"..........:clap2:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, retarius said:

Khan and his ilk are a menace to decent people. reasonable people who believe their own experience and senses and who know there are one;y two real genders and that contrived genders are not genders at all. 

"contrived genders"? Religious dogma much?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, transam said:

Ah so you are just making up some fake outrage over something that isn't happening, cos it was always destined to be a rotating art piece, but you carry on 

3 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Plenty of bigotry from the Wokeists.

Let's start with their attitude towards...

• Jews/Israel.
  • Conservatives (especially if they are black, cue the "Uncle Tom" and "superficially black" insults).
  • Cultural appropriation (one direction only, they have no issue with black women straightening their hair for example).
  • Those who reject identity politics.
  • "Positive" discrimination (a synonym for supporting discrimination against white people).
  • People who believe in the nation state/borders.
  • People who believe in biological reality e.g. believe women do not have male genitalia or that men cannot be pregnant.

In fact, pretty much anyone who does not subscribe to their own Woke beliefs.

I'd argue the more Woke someone is, the more bigoted they are.

As for educated and enlightened? I'd say ignorant, dogmatic, sanctimonious, pretentious, gullible and neophilic are more accurate descriptions. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

Ah so you are just making up some fake outrage over something that isn't happening, cos it was always destined to be a rotating art piece, but you carry on 

Yes, I will carry on, because something of importance came up for us British, we lost our Queen, so for me, and many other British, it is only right that our late Queen should be remembered for the nation's future generations to appreciate in a place of grandeur.......

But folk like you prefer an ice cream van thing placed there as being important whilst probably munching your Big Mac......:ermm:

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Plenty of bigotry from the Wokeists.

Let's start with their attitude towards...

• Jews/Israel.
  • Conservatives (especially if they are black, cue the "Uncle Tom" and "superficially black" insults).
  • Cultural appropriation (one direction only, they have no issue with black women straightening their hair for example).
  • Those who reject identity politics.
  • "Positive" discrimination (a synonym for supporting discrimination against white people).
  • People who believe in the nation state/borders.
  • People who believe in biological reality e.g. believe women do not have male genitalia or that men cannot be pregnant.

In fact, pretty much anyone who does not subscribe to their own Woke beliefs.

I'd argue the more Woke someone is, the more bigoted they are.

As for educated and enlightened? I'd say ignorant, dogmatic, sanctimonious, pretentious, gullible and neophilic are more accurate descriptions.

I have no issue with Jews. None. Or with Israelis, only their government. As is my right.

Black women straightening their hair? I disliked women curling their hair back in the day.

Rejecting identity politics is a virtue.

"positive discrimination": is an attempt to right the wrongs of centuries of negative discrimination and the inequality that caused.

I believe any distinct race or religion has the right to distinct borders based on their democratic will. Failing that, borders should not exist.

I don't reject science.

Your post reflects racial animus.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

15 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Let's stick to the topic - how did my post read as anti British?

Correct, stick to the topic..........Tell us how you think SK is right to ignore probably one of the best GB (UK) Monarchs...:clap2:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Khan is a disgrace.

Ruining TFL, knife crime out of control, anti-semitism running rife, a politicized police force more concerned about LGBT tweets than serious crime, livelihoods destroyed by ULEZ and now this. 

Of course, the Brit haters and leftists will be delighted that his is ruining the capital. 

Let's hope his reign as mayor is short lived. Roll on May. 

Well said.........:clap2:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PremiumLane said:

cos it was always destined to be a rotating art piece, but you carry on 

Wrong.  That only started at the end of the 1990's!

The fourth plinth is the northwest plinth in Trafalgar Square in central London. Was built in 1841.

It was originally intended to hold an equestrian statue of William IV, but remained bare due to insufficient funds.

In 1998,  three contemporary sculptures were commissioned to be displayed temporarily on the plinth.

A tradition that has been continued till today!

(the above has ben edited) 

Fourth plinth - Wikipedia

2 hours ago, transam said:

Correct, stick to the topic..........Tell us how you think SK is right to ignore probably one of the best GB (UK) Monarchs...:clap2:

How is he ignoring her? There is a long standing agreement to use the 4th plinth for a rotating series of art works. He is simply allowing that agreement to stand. 

Why don't you commission a statue of Betty for your front garden? Surely any and every square inch of land should be festooned with her likeness less we all forget her very existence?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, scottiejohn said:

Wrong.  That only started at the end of the 1990's!

The fourth plinth is the northwest plinth in Trafalgar Square in central London. Was built in 1841.

It was originally intended to hold an equestrian statue of William IV, but remained bare due to insufficient funds.

In 1998,  three contemporary sculptures were commissioned to be displayed temporarily on the plinth.

A tradition that has been continued till today!

(the above has ben edited) 

Fourth plinth - Wikipedia

So nothing to do with Betty then? Good, case closed.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, RuamRudy said:

How is he ignoring her? There is a long standing agreement to use the 4th plinth for a rotating series of art works. He is simply allowing that agreement to stand. 

Why don't you commission a statue of Betty for your front garden? Surely any and every square inch of land should be festooned with her likeness less we all forget her very existence?

Your anti-Brit Brit stuff is really showing now, RR. 

You really should not allow yourself to fester over it, it's not healthy.......🤔

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Your anti-Brit Brit stuff is really showing now, RR. 

You really should not allow yourself to fester over it, it's not healthy.......🤔

The labels you throw around with such gay abandon are totally without any adhesive, old chap. I know that your primary goal is to get your comment count to record levels but, seriously, could you not put even a little effort into the quality of those comments?

2 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

The labels you throw around with such gay abandon are totally without any adhesive, old chap. I know that your primary goal is to get your comment count to record levels but, seriously, could you not put even a little effort into the quality of those comments?

Regarding you, my comments are quality, even if you don't like them. 

Now back on topic or retire gracefully................🤗

18 minutes ago, transam said:

Regarding you, my comments are quality, even if you don't like them. 

Now back on topic or retire gracefully................🤗

Then explain to me, please, why you consider not erecting another statue to a dead person to be anti British.

In your book, is anyone who is not fervently supportive of the monarchy anti British?

1 minute ago, RuamRudy said:

Then explain to me, please, why you consider not erecting another statue to a dead person to be anti British.

In your book, is anyone who is not fervently supportive of the monarchy anti British?

Would you like me to call you and others ant-Monarchist instead, which you are........?

Sorry you can't have your Nicola on display....Anywhere........🤭