Thailand teenager’s tragic stabbing leads to police pursuit

webfact

image.jpeg

Police arrested a Thai man for fatally stabbing a 16 year old boy in the central province of Suphan Buri. Another suspect is still at large.

Officers at U Thong Police Station in the U Thong district of Suphan Buri received a report of the stabbing on the evening of Saturday, February 17. Officers rushed to the scene and discovered a dark blue motorcycle and black Honda Wave, covered in blood and a group of the victim’s friends.

The rescuers took the victim, later identified as 16 year old Chalermchai Muang-im, to U Thong Hospital, but he died on the way. The rescue team reported that he was stabbed on the left side of his chest.

Chalermchai’s friends, aged between 12 and 15, told police that two attackers fled on a motorcycle, a white Honda Wave, after the stabbing. The friends said the conflict started after one of them looked at the two attackers as they rode past on a motorcycle.

According to the deceased’s friends, the two attackers approached them and asked why they were looking at them. Chalermchai, as the oldest member of the group, tried to protect the friends.

“My friends are just young children. It was nothing.”

This seemed to make the attackers angrier and they set about attacking Chalermchai and his friends. Then one of the attackers pulled out a knife and tried to stab a 12 year old boy but he managed to avoid the attack. The attacker then changed targets and stabbed Chalermchai before fleeing the scene.

Chalermchai’s friends revealed that they had never met the attackers before and had no previous conflict with them.

Officers managed to arrest one of the suspects, 26 year old Chaiyana, yesterday, February 18. Chaiyana claimed that he rode the motorcycle and that his friend named Jade was the attacker. Jade is now on the run but an officer said they were confident they would arrest him soon.

Channel 3 reported that Chaiyana and Jade have a history of substance use and this might have played a role in the attack. However, police have not yet confirmed this information.

by Petch Petpailin

Photo via Facebook/ ข่าววันนี้

Source: The Thaiger 2024-02-19

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

• Sad 7

17 hours ago, webfact said:

Chalermchai’s friends, aged between 12 and 15, told police that two attackers fled on a motorcycle, a white Honda Wave, after the stabbing. The friends said the conflict started after one of them looked at the two attackers as they rode past on a motorcycle.

According to the deceased’s friends, the two attackers approached them and asked why they were looking at them. Chalermchai, as the oldest member of the group, tried to protect the friends.

“My friends are just young children. It was nothing.”

This seemed to make the attackers angrier and they set about attacking Chalermchai and his friends. Then one of the attackers pulled out a knife and tried to stab a 12 year old boy but he managed to avoid the attack. The attacker then changed targets and stabbed Chalermchai before fleeing the scene.

Such anger and violence at such a young age... what in gods name are they thinking.

The two attackers should be put away for a very long time.

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I thought that life was sacred in Buddhism, yet Thailand must be among the most dangerous places in the world outside of a war zone. Every day there are reports of violence and death, often over nothing at all.

I'm here in UK listening to reports of stabbings involving youngsters and wondering which country is safer in that respect.😒

1 hour ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

I'm here in UK listening to reports of stabbings involving youngsters and wondering which country is safer in that respect.😒

I don't really have any idea how society has become so violent. I'm in my 70s and, as far as I know with there being no social media and far less access to news media then, it was nothing like this in the last century. In the UK the stabbings are mostly confined to a certain ethnic group which, more than the 'native' Brits and due to cultural differences tend to often not have a father figure around.

It might be the same in Thailand. So many don't have a father around, nor even a mother as they are too busy elsewhere to raise their own child and that task is passed on to grandparents who might struggle to even care of themselves, let alone a kid. Apart from that and in the west, with older folk I wonder how much irresponsibility was born out of the 60s anything goes attitude.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I don't really have any idea how society has become so violent. I'm in my 70s and, as far as I know with there being no social media and far less access to news media then, it was nothing like this in the last century. In the UK the stabbings are mostly confined to a certain ethnic group which, more than the 'native' Brits and due to cultural differences tend to often not have a father figure around.

It might be the same in Thailand. So many don't have a father around, nor even a mother as they are too busy elsewhere to raise their own child and that task is passed on to grandparents who might struggle to even care of themselves, let alone a kid. Apart from that and in the west, with older folk I wonder how much irresponsibility was born out of the 60s anything goes attitude.

I didn't have a father around, never entered my head to waste someone over it.....

Some are just born ass_holes.....:coffee1:

10 minutes ago, transam said:

I didn't have a father around, never entered my head to waste someone over it.....

Some are just born ass_holes.....:coffee1:

No-one is born an ass hole. How someone turns out depends on how the absence of a father is compensated for. Some are raised well with values and responsibility taught, others are allowed to do as they want with little guidance or discipline.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bangkok Barry said:

No-one is born an ass hole. How someone turns out depends on how the absence of a father is compensated for. Some are raised well with values and responsibility taught, others are allowed to do as they want with little guidance or discipline.

So we are all born with the same brain to be jiggled the way our life goes.........🤣

18 minutes ago, transam said:

So we are all born with the same brain to be jiggled the way our life goes.........🤣

I'm not qualified to answer that. Are you? I'd guess that there are some born with brains that function differently to others no matter what, but I'd also say that the vast majority of people turn out the way they do as the result of personal experiences they have and how they deal with the influence it has on them. Of course, there are a very small number who are 'wired wrong', but I don't think that all killers were born to be killers. They are more easily offended, or are unable to cope due to any number of reasons due to their upbringing. But, as I say, I'm not qualified in that field and it's just my opinion.