Ready-to-Drink Fresh Milk Prices Approved to Increase

snoop1130

13 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

I have seen quite extensive dairy farming in some parts - around Pak Chong and on the Korat plateau for example - although it is chiefly comprised of family operations with small herds.

What I have noticed is that a couple of times I have bought a "cows egg" ( I drink quite a lot of milk) they have had a distinctive taste - I suspect the old reconstituted stuff is being mixed in with the fresh milk when their is a shortage.

I suspect that the high prices of other dairy products are due to a lack of volume in sales - outside western circles it doesn't really feature in the normal diet here.

What is a cow egg? the distinctive taste is the poor quality of the Thai milk, very little BF, butterfat, the cream on the milk, or anything else.

The problem is the diet, especially the forage which is mainly rice straw which is very poor quality and the concentrate is also poor quality, which will give you a poor-quality milk with no flavor, not old, reconstituted stuff being mixed. 

Farmers get paid a basic price for they milk, then extra for BF containt and protein containt ,Thailand did not have a standard, so they used the American standard, but very few farmers reached that standard due to the above, so now they have they own standard lower than the American one, it works farmers do get paid above the basic price.

I am afraid it will not change been like it for 30 years plus now, famers will still feed rice straw, that is all brought in .as most farmers do not have the land to grow any grass, unlike our dairy farmers in the west. 

They is a lot of dairy farms around the Packchon area some are some of the best farms in Thailand along with and nearby Mortlec and that is where Thai dairy farming started, must be 60 years sago now, with the Thai- Denmark partnership.  

34 minutes ago, kickstart said:

What is a cow egg? the distinctive taste is the poor quality of the Thai milk, very little BF, butterfat, the cream on the milk, or anything else.

The problem is the diet, especially the forage which is mainly rice straw which is very poor quality and the concentrate is also poor quality, which will give you a poor-quality milk with no flavor, not old, reconstituted stuff being mixed. 

Farmers get paid a basic price for they milk, then extra for BF containt and protein containt ,Thailand did not have a standard, so they used the American standard, but very few farmers reached that standard due to the above, so now they have they own standard lower than the American one, it works farmers do get paid above the basic price.

I am afraid it will not change been like it for 30 years plus now, famers will still feed rice straw, that is all brought in .as most farmers do not have the land to grow any grass, unlike our dairy farmers in the west. 

They is a lot of dairy farms around the Packchon area some are some of the best farms in Thailand along with and nearby Mortlec and that is where Thai dairy farming started, must be 60 years sago now, with the Thai- Denmark partnership.  

A "cows egg" is an English slang term for one of those 2 litre plastic bottles of pasteurised fresh milk.

The taste I refer to has been noticeable over the last couple of weeks. In fact the worst example being from the partnership you mentioned. I ended up throwing half of it away, a shame as it is my preferred brand.

Edited by herfiehandbag