Historians rank Trump as worst president

Social Media

30 minutes ago, ozimoron said:
34 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Subjectively!

Is there a better qualified body in the US to do it? And it's anything but subjective. This selection went through a rigorous academic process. Dog whistling wasn't on the list of criteria, apparently.

I was responding to Berkshires opinion, not the OP.  

• Confused 2

49 minutes ago, mikebike said:

OK. I'm gonna say you are correct. But I do need you to explain to me why you think there is a unified "American" culture,

There isn't.

I was actually wrong to say that

I should have not made the statement, I should have said "Obviously you are not familiar with that part of American culture" further I should not make obscure references.  

My bad and not yours. 

54 minutes ago, mikebike said:

I am Canadian, but grew up 20-ish Kms from the border. If I am not "familiar" with American culture, no one is.

The better part of America!:smile:

But you are right, both in the Us and in Canada there are many cultures and subcultures, and no one knows everything about  them. certainly not me. 

By the way , Both me and my Thai wife who has spend more than a decade in the US love the Trailer Park Boys. My wife loves the Julian character, she refers to him as "the guy who is always holding a drink" because she cant remember his name , Me I identify more with Ricky :laugh: .

1 minute ago, transam said:
13 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

And Biden isn't?!

For me no, he keeps his todger in his trousers at all times, is not foolish enough to spend most of his time and money on court appearances, he does dye his face a strange colour or wear a wig, and most certainly does not entertain folk in the White House on Big Macs......😉

"...he does dye his face a strange colour...".

Really?  Biden dyes his face a strange colour?  What?  He doesn't wear a wig because of all his hair plugs over the last 40 or 50 years!   Don't think Trumps wears a wig, though, either. 

I doubt that Trump entertains visitors with Big Macs anymore than Biden entertains his visitors on chocolate chip ice cream!

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

8 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Why down the toilet? Do you have some metrics that support that comment?

leaving aside the carnage caused by rampant gun ownership, the obvious racism evident in some states, the damage to democracy caused by the electoral college system of voting; a number of the usual metrics utilized to rank a country actually make the United States seem to be doing rather well.  Perhaps that’s why the stock market is at record levels (if stock investing is a barometer of economic metrics)

And the country is pretty much not fit for purpose

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, sirineou said:

By the way, 

what do historians know? 

Personally I would trust the opinion of a Asean Now forum member some of whom have never even been in the States , over some evaducated Historian. :tongue:

And never mind what trump has done so far. Who worries what kind of job a person they want to hire has done in the past. 

Obviously not much. I'm not referring to putting Trump last but by putting Biden anywhere but second last.

By putting Kennedy after Obama and Johnson they prove themselves, IMO, to be a bunch of idiots.

Never mind, it'll give the posters with TDS something to rant about.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

4 hours ago, Tug said:

Quell surprise dead last thats just gotta burn he he he I would bet money he doesent need makeup to have a red face now….he he he……and 14 th place is quite respectable for president Joe Biden!!

clean up on isle 4. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

Explains a lot as to why the USA is pretty much down the toilet.

Yeah, the fact that a good number of Americans would still vote for this buffoon even though he finished DEAD LAST of all Presidents in US history.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why would anyone vote for Lincoln or anyone prior to Hoover?   Coolidge was president 100 years ago and there can't be many people alive who had him as their president.  Hoover was next so there are probably some people who remember him.

But Lincoln??   

• Like 1