Danish man denies allegations of theft at first court meeting

webfact

image.jpeg

A 47-year old Danish man, Jesper Jensen, denied the allegations of theft in his first hearing in the Samut Prakan Provincial Court in Thailand on Monday, the 19 February 2024. Three months after the Dane’s arrest, his statement has now been recorded by the court of law. The Danish man was arrested on 18 November 2023 in Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi Airport and is accused of stealing an expensive Celine handbag and five less expensive items in the bag.

The defendant entered the courtroom around 10 am, approximately an hour after plan, without his defense lawyer. He walked in, limping, and with a bent back as he gripped the chains around his ankles in order to keep them from chafing his skin. He is a tall man, with a shaved head and tattoos on both arms. The brown shorts and sand colored shirt were baggy around his body, and the number 12, printed in white on his back, indicated that he is a prisoner. He walked down to the wooden benches in the back, sitting next to a female prisoner with the number four.

No official statement

After some time the defense lawyer entered the courtroom. He hastily went up to the Dane, to get him to sign a statement, saying he denied the allegation and would defend himself in a court of law. The defense lawyer had not prepared an official statement of what the Dane claims had happened in the airport when he was arrested, on 18 November 2023. The lawyer said, he had not yet had the time to visit the Dane in prison.

by Charlotte Nike Albrechtsen

Full story: ScandAsia 2024-02-22

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

• Confused 2
  • Sad 4
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

number 12, printed in white on his back, indicated that he is a prisoner. He walked down to the wooden benches in the back, sitting next to a female prisoner with the number four.

It may sound counter-intuitive, but those numbers may actually be fortuitous given that they met by kismet.

They should play those numbers in the lottery.

• Agree 1

the number 12, printed in white on his back, indicated that he is a prisoner. He walked down to the wooden benches in the back, sitting next to a female prisoner with the number four.

Is number 16 going to come along in 9 months? 

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

The defense lawyer had not prepared an official statement of what the Dane claims had happened in the airport when he was arrested, on 18 November 2023. The lawyer said, he had not yet had the time to visit the Dane in prison.

Lawyer's , who was it that said kill all the lawyers *....they were spot on .I have had several

problems with them , one stole  85,000 quid from me .

* just googled it ,Wor Will

regards Worgeorgdie 

Edited by worgeordie
correction
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

What a complete s**t shower of all those involved in the Court Hearing.

...including the Swede who started the shlt show by, allegedly, nicking the very pricey Celine bag and stashing its contents in his backpack!

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

What a complete s**t shower of all those involved in the Court Hearing.

agree .... I've been to court here several times and it's a theatrical scam, legit yes, honest no ....  it's like Thailand if you get my drift.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jippytum said:

This man is in chains and has not been found guilty of anything at the time of his court appearance. His lawyerwastoo busy to visit him in jail or prepare a statement for him to read. Compare that if you will to the treatment  Thaksin a convicted criminal received. 

Ha ha. I had a 100 baht bet with my mate that a poster in the Mr T hate mob would shoehorn his (Mr T's) problems into this subject.

I do nonetheless feel for the Danish guy.

Thanks jippytum, you won me 2 x large bottles of M.Y.beer.

Police can keep them on remand for 84 days, after which point he must face a court or be released.

Seems a bit off that the appointed lawyer couldn't manage to get a statement for the court in the preceding three months, though.

10 minutes ago, Red Forever said:

Ha ha. I had a 100 baht bet with my mate that a poster in the Mr T hate mob would shoehorn his (Mr T's) problems into this subject.

I feel sorry for you.... M. Y beer! 

My standards are low but that's scrapping the bottom of the barrel! 

😉

1 hour ago, jippytum said:

This man is in chains and has not been found guilty of anything at the time of his court appearance. His lawyerwastoo busy to visit him in jail or prepare a statement for him to read. Compare that if you will to the treatment  Thaksin a convicted criminal received. 

The man in chains isn't worth 3 billion baht though, is he?

2 minutes ago, Korat Kiwi said:

I feel sorry for you.... M. Y beer! 

My standards are low but that's scrapping the bottom of the barrel! 

😉

Never heard of it.

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

They do?  Doubtless you can give an example?

Doubtless you could check it yourself instead of offering a silly challenge.

Too lazy, I guess.

Easier to appear clever, clever!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Red Forever said:

Fair comparison on recent events. Don't believe your story that you won two beers.  

11 hours ago, bunnydrops said:

Is someone thinking of writing a novel?

Ha ha ha. I'll admit I got a laugh out of your post, but I actually enjoyed reading the descriptive details. Helped me visualize the courtroom scene as it unfolded.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Bundooman said:
7 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

They do?  Doubtless you can give an example?

Doubtless you could check it yourself instead of offering a silly challenge.

Too lazy, I guess.

Easier to appear clever, clever!

No, not at all, and it wasn't "a silly challenge", I just know that there are no such examples, if there were you'd have quoted them for the poster to whom I was addressing my comment who couldn't come up with one example, either.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

A bit of cynicsm all over here...but would you giggle as much if tomorrow, you...yes you were caught in some scam or attempt to extort money  and wrongfully arrested and jailed ?

People all over need money in these difficult times and all means seem ok to get their hands on it.