Britain’s ‘deep state’ thwarted my plans, Liz Truss tells US hard-right summit

Social Media

Multiple off topic posts have been removed this is what the topic is about:

Britain’s ‘deep state’ thwarted my plans, Liz Truss tells US hard-right summit

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Please share with us who in this thread or any other supports the belief that the state should own the means of production.

What are you blabbering on about? How about you share with us where in my post (which you quoted), I said anything about the state should own the means of production?  🙄

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, youreavinalaff said:

No, and never have done 

Something else Liz got wrong then.

That speech was cringeworthy. One can only assume that there was no rehearsal or if there was, that by some miracle the rehearsals actually sounded ok. Alternatively, was there not one aide with the courage to say, "I think this speech and it's delivery needs a bit work"?

• Haha 1

DEEP STATE????   er No...... but a state infected and infested by woke bureaucrats , greedy corporatists and lazy  <deleted> ,lefty do gooder and islamist thinking  is not a good place ,, but Liz PUS is a level one toxic mad cow anyway ...have you ever seen he speak .....

• Confused 2

On 2/23/2024 at 1:15 AM, JonnyF said:

Truss is correct of course.

There was no way someone with conservative values and her economic philosophy was going to be allowed to remain in power. 

And now we have Rishi. :laugh:

They got rid of her hours before she trashed the UK’s pension industry.

Millions of people in the UK are now paying higher mortgages as a direct result of her frothing at the mouth madness.

Don’t fret over Rishi too much, he and his government will be gone soon enough, my punt is May.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

They got rid of her hours before she trashed the UK’s pension industry.

Millions of people in the UK are now paying higher mortgages as a direct result of her frothing at the mouth madness.

Don’t fret over Rishi too much, he and his government will be gone soon enough, my punt is May.

Which won't affect you across the pond..................🤗

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Odd thing to say to someone who’s in the UK.

Maybe you are making wild unsubstantiated guesses again?

Oh… yes you are.

And I have been to the USA, quite a few times....😉

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

You mean Liz Truss was wrong?😀

I don't know. I've never listened to any of her speeches.

I don't recall the exact figures but UK consume about 300 million tonnes of Cheddar in a year. All produced in UK. Total cheese consumption is around 400 million tonnes.

The week after LIZ PUS budget  the sale of my house worth £1m     fell through the aswhole market crashed ,, I ended up selling it for £900K  so she cost me £100k     not only that my pension fund fell by 11% in the 2 months after her stupidity .. Sunak is no better he is a Billionaire air head ,,,I never trust Labour more toxic than Tories but in 14 years the Tories have done nothing good for the people or the ''cuntry '' and people  they need to go out bigtime

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, liddelljohn said:

The week after LIZ PUS budget  the sale of my house worth £1m     fell through the aswhole market crashed ,, I ended up selling it for £900K  so she cost me £100k     not only that my pension fund fell by 11% in the 2 months after her stupidity .. Sunak is no better he is a Billionaire air head ,,,I never trust Labour more toxic than Tories but in 14 years the Tories have done nothing good for the people or the ''cuntry '' and people  they need to go out bigtime

You cost yourself 100k. You didn't have to sell.

Sunak is not a billionaire. His wife's family are, he is not.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

You cost yourself 100k. You didn't have to sell.

Sunak is not a billionaire. His wife's family are, he is not.

Yes we did have to sell because I had to move ,, no other options ,house prices are even lower now , are you a fool???

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, liddelljohn said:

Yes we did have to sell because I had to move ,, no other options ,house prices are even lower now , are you a fool???

No, I'm not. On the contrary, twas not I who lost a substantial amount on a property deal.

Edited by youreavinalaff
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

I don't know. I've never listened to any of her speeches.

I don't recall the exact figures but UK consume about 300 million tonnes of Cheddar in a year. All produced in UK. Total cheese consumption is around 400 million tonnes.

And I eat my fair share of that. Whilst there are many fine European cheeses on the market I am a supporter of British County cheeses.

12 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

No, I'm not. On the contrary, twas not I who lost a substantial amount on a property deal.

You are an idiot we had an agreed sale  for £1m  I had to move home for circumstance you have no knowledge of as you dont know me , but Liz truss budget <deleted> the  whole market it was not me, and many other also suffered  losses ,, , I had to move for work and  family reasons  . I hope you never  have the same problems 

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, liddelljohn said:

You are an idiot we had an agreed sale  for £1m  I had to move home for circumstance you have no knowledge of as you dont know me , but Liz truss budget <deleted> the  whole market it was not me, and many other also suffered  losses ,, , I had to move for work and  family reasons  . I hope you never  have the same problems 

On the contrary. You don't know me.

• Confused 1