Potential dangers of kratom

14 hours ago, jts-khorat said:

Do not boil the leaves in water only, then you only get whatever leaches from the cracked cell walls into the liquid, you do not extract the majority of the alcaloids (while the resulting tea still tastes as horrible as the extraction would). I have simply boiled everything in lime juice in the past, and have gotten an effect; but I have read now, that this already destroys some of the alcaloids over 90 Celsius (however I am not a chemist).

Thank you for this advice, and I am going to try simmering the leaves, after blending with say 2 tablespoons of Apple Cider vinegar, which is acidic but also has good therapeutic properties. Let's see what happens.

23 hours ago, patman30 said:

Kratom is a VERY mild stimulant in my own experience, seriously, drinking tea or coffee is stronger
it is calming like tea is compared to coffee

With the little experience I have of it, I've found Kratom to be different from coffee and tea...  the Kratom I have tried (only once source on my Soi) gives a decent degree of pain relief and a mild 'buzz' like being mildly drunk...  Neither coffee nor tea give off the same effect.

Wife purchased another bottle today and spoke with the family in the shop who make it.

They said they shred up the leaves and boil it down, and then squeeze the pulp too before filtering it into the plastic bottles they sell. 

as for addiction, it may be habitual no way would i say its addictive, and definitely nothing compared to benzos or harder stuff
might be nice drink for you in mornings for pain relief during day (i did not have pains to relieve)

They guy in the shop warned my Wife to warn me not to take too much or too often as it can be addictive (Wife had already told them its for pain relief). 

i have drunk it as coffee alternative to reduce caffeine tolerance
loads of people just sell on roadside, not sure if any advertise on facebook anymore, loads used to (don't use FB)
it is also easy to grow

I can see scope for Kratom Gummies...  kind of like Kratom based gummies to eat instead of having to consume the awful bitter mixture. 

I see that Kratom Gummies are are thing in the US, but surprisingly they are not a thing here in Thailand. 

4 hours ago, natway09 said:

The only experiences I have with kratom is a drink after they have boiled the hell out of it for at least an hour.

Where does the salmonella get involved ?

Contaminated after cooking. As I said before, when you see those who cooking and the places they cooking, you would stop wondering

Edited by Hummin

Poppy seed tea is also very effective for pain.  It contains morphine and codeine and other chemicals. Easy to make,  just Google it for instructions.  Don't eat the seeds but just wash off the chemicals found on the outside of the seeds and drink the liquid.  As it does contain morphine/codeine be careful and start out Very slowly.  It can be addicting and will get you high. No surprise there.  Seed prices have recently gone up a lot.  In Pattaya,  the only place I have seen poppy seeds sold is at Friendship markets for 1,075 baht a kilo.  You should only drink a small amount and wait one hour to see how you feel.  You can always drink more But you don't want to do too much.  One thing to keep in mind with poppy seeds or Kratom is that being a natural product chemicals found inside will vary greatly between batches,  due to growing conditions and various strains. WARNING:  do NOT take poppy seeds when you travel outside Thailand as in some countries they are illegal and you can be jailed. All other parts of the poppy plant are illegal most everywhere.   Be careful and be safe.  You can get all the usually side effects that normally come from morphine.  

On 2/29/2024 at 5:18 PM, richard_smith237 said:

purchased another bottle

i have never purchased bottle or any other product
only the leaves and brewed them myself
it is extremely common for sellers to add a little something extra (cough syrup is very common)
you can also just chew the leaves as many people do
but personally i would never trust any pre made product (just like i would never buy pre rolled joints)

Edited by patman30
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

Are you sure that the source you have been using is trustworthy? Four thousand one hundred deaths in two years is a significant number. I use and buy kratom, and I know many people whom kratom helped overcome their stress and anxiety problems. So, I have a reasonable opinion about this substance. Anyway, I will personally do some more deep research about kratom, but I am still sure that I won't find anything terrible about this substance.