Thai Driver Licence in Europe

JustAnotherHun

Hi all,

I'd like to take my Thai GF to Europe (EU) for a longer holiday and here's my question:

Is she allowed to drive a car there with her Thai drivers licence?

If yes, does she need something else (such as translation or an international driving licence)?

Sorry if I took the wrong sub forum.

Thanks for your replies

27 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Yes your wife will be legally allowed to drive in Europe with a Thai licence. I took my wife to France and she was allowed to drive there, she needs nothing but her licence. Bon voyage. 

Be careful with the advice you give....    You have projected your experience of France across the whole of Europe.

A recent thread on the same subject highlighted that someone (or their Wife) driving in Belgium required an IDP to accompany their Thai licence to legally drive there.

8 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Be careful with the advice you give....    You have projected your experience of France across the whole of Europe.

A recent thread on the same subject highlighted that someone (or their Wife) driving in Belgium required an IDP to accompany their Thai licence to legally drive there.

Fair point, probably the safest bet would be to ring your insurance company and ask.