Chiangmai Immigration Re-Entry Permit Application Schedule (February-March 2024)

Mapguy

48 minutes ago, CMBob said:

What is it that you're asking?  Hours the two offices are open?

No that is different.  Festival used to do them only in the morning like before 11 am or something.

Edited by Bill97

Sorry.  Yes, at Central Festival there's a sign in the office which says re-entry permits must be applied for before a certain time (I believe it was 11AM or at least it was this past December).

I'm not aware of a time limitation for re-entry permits at the main office.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, BKKKevin said:

Slightly off subject… But when one does their one year visa renewal can one also get a single reentry permit that could be used anytime during the duration of the one year renewal? 

Yes

• Thumbs Up 2

Back on topic , the answer as of 28 February is reentry visas are still only processed at the Central Festival Office  from 09:00 - 11:30 (actually until lunch break at noon). There are two signs which indicate this -- the big one in the "lobby" (11:30) and the other  (12:00) at the processing counter inside. No indication of a change in schedule was indicated by the supervisor, who was in his usual good humor.

The usual caveat applies to show up early, especially when Chiang Mai is inundated by tourists (particularly those seeking extensions). 

I have previously always applied for my re-entry permit at the airport when departing, only took 10~15 minutes. Is this no longer an option?? Or is it no longer a recommended option?

5 minutes ago, clokwise said:

I have previously always applied for my re-entry permit at the airport when departing, only took 10~15 minutes. Is this no longer an option?? Or is it no longer a recommended option?

Still available at CNX providing you're leaving via the international side.  

• Thanks 1

On 2/29/2024 at 9:05 AM, clokwise said:

That's what I have been told -- so long as you are armed with the appropriate application form, acceptable photo affixed and six attachments -- and it is not crowded. Some difficulty/delay has apparently been encountered in the past with poor CNX staffing, somewhat confused and/or crowded conditions and/or the need for new photocopies and the lack of 2d floor services to get photocopies at least at some hours. Maybe all that has been rectified. Chiangmai Immigration leadership and processing have certainly improved.

The easiest path, really, if feasible, is to get a multiple entry re-entry permit at each annual visa extension time....unless you invest in a ThaiElite visa.

Processing normally does indeed take only about 15 minutes including a photo taken.

Slightly off-topic but tangentially related....

I obtained a multiple re-entry permit an hour ago at CNX (after passing through security.)

Desk is now located right next to the departures immigration lines (right hand side.)  Since I had already made copies, filled out the TM8, etc., the entire process took less than five minutes.  

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/3/2024 at 7:50 AM, TheAppletons said:

I obtained a multiple re-entry permit an hour ago at CNX

1 - Is that before or after you clear immigration?

2 - What documents and materials did you prepare beforehand, for the application?

3 - Did you have to pay?

7 hours ago, bg53 said:

1 - Is that before or after you clear immigration?

2 - What documents and materials did you prepare beforehand, for the application?

3 - Did you have to pay?

1.  It's co-located next to the outbound immigration lines on the right.  So, you obtain it prior to going through outbound immigration.

2.  TM8, copy of passport pages (front page with bio info, latest entry stamp, latest permission to stay), copy of latest 90 day report, copy of TM30, passport photo (4x6 cm).

3.  I paid the fee for obtaining a multiple re-entry permit, which is 3800 thb.  There was no "additional" charge, if that's what you're asking.

• Thanks 2

On 3/11/2024 at 6:19 AM, TheAppletons said:

1.  It's co-located next to the outbound immigration lines on the right.  So, you obtain it prior to going through outbound immigration.

2.  TM8, copy of passport pages (front page with bio info, latest entry stamp, latest permission to stay), copy of latest 90 day report, copy of TM30, passport photo (4x6 cm).

3.  I paid the fee for obtaining a multiple re-entry permit, which is 3800 thb.  There was no "additional" charge, if that's what you're asking.

2.  Passport and 1200 baht. They will do the rest. 

1 hour ago, amexpat said:

2.  Passport and 1200 baht. They will do the rest. 

To clarify for others, I believe you mean that's for a single re-entry permit (mine, as stated, was for a multiple re-entry permit.) 

One thousand thb for the permit and 200 thb "fee" so that you don't have to fill out the paperwork or bring a photo.

• Thumbs Up 1