High-profile online gambling case sees 8 police officers reassigned

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Re-assigned not sacked?

Normal reaction in these situations until the story evaporates into thin air. Salaries and pensions stay active 

Edited by Dan O
Spelling
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Re-assigned not sacked?

I do think that they should have the same basic right - that is to the presumption of innocence and not be sacked until their guilt is proven..

that said, what often concerns me here is that given how centralized governmental entities are, I think it’s hard - very hard - for a true, unbiased, independent investigation to be done.. even from a public perception basis alone, you can’t really have entity A investigate allegations of malfeasance within entity A.. and even if you call on entity B, given their rather close ties to all the other entities, I’d question if there’s sufficient independence for them to report back what they’ve found without fear or favor. 

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Dan O said:

Normal reaction in these situations until the story evaporates into thin air. Salaries and pensions stay active 

Yer, just another big joke, sorry.

Exterminate the son's of bitches as a lesson to the rest of the poor misguided flat footed clowns who wear that tight fitting uniform.

And while we are on the subject of atire, impound teachers with para wings on their bland baige clobber.

I love Thailand 55

unless they start to make examples of those crooks, by not only firing them, without benefits, take their pension rights away, check deeply for richness beyond their means and confiscate the lot as they do with drug dealers, and put in jail

nothing will ever change