Air Asia Is Operating On Which Terminal ?

sas_cars

somebody says 1 ,somebody says 2,I will go to Penang,Which terminal shall i go ! so confused

been flying airasia to penang on the 29th june, checkin counter in terminal 1, same that thai airways is using (saw it with my own eyes and actually checked in there). none in terminal 2.

terminal 1 is at the northern end, terminal 2 to the southern, next to the domestic terminal.

when driving up to the terminals you get to the site right before the terminals where you will be asked to look at the righthand signs to determine what terminal your airline is operating from - theres an airasia-sign for terminal one, too (well, was on 29th june)

but, nothing to worry anyway, as you can easily walk from one terminal to the other in 5 min. - its actually a much shorter walk than from the passport-checkpoint to the gate...

hope, this will do, have a nice trip!

somebody says 1 ,somebody says 2,I will go to Penang,Which terminal shall i go ! so confused

Sas

As Alex says - you can easily walk from one to the other.

But they are not separate buildings ...

They are all one building - just different entrances.

and both connect to the same

very long Duty Free Lounge

Roger

im sorry my mistake, the other way around :o

domestic flight go to 1

international flight go to 2

i went to phuket AA check in at terminal 1

i went to penang AA check in at terminal 2

I still don't get it.

Terminal 1 is for Thai Internatinal (no domestic flights) and carriers whose ground handling is done by TG.

Terminal 2 is for other carriers doing their own handling.

Domestic flights are handled in the Domestic terminal, absolutely not in Terminal 1 or 2 of BKK International where, after check-in, you have to go through immigration and leave the country, which you are obviously not doing on a domestic flight.

Yeah i thought that the Domestic terminal handled only domestic flights while Terminal 1 handled Thai Airways and according to thier call centre Air Asia international flights as well .....Terminal 2 being reserved for all other international flights. I could understand Air Asia using the domestic terminal for internal flights within Thailand. Chingy are you sure what you are calling Terminal 1 isnt the Domestic terminal?

yes you are right, the first one was correct

domestic flight go to 2

international flight go to 1

i went to phuket AA check in at terminal 2

i went to penang AA check in at terminal 1

lets make this clear ok

if you are taken express way, your first exit are domestic, second exit are international

(doesn't matter where you are at now)

the first terminal are international

the second terminal are domestic

if you flying international go to terminal 1

if you flying domestic go to terminal 2

You are saying that the domestic flights are leaving from terminal 2 and not from the DOMESTIC airport. Strange.

yes domestic flight, you have to check in at terminal 2

(and not from DOMESTIC airport) what the hel1 are you talking about

lets make this clear ok

if you are taken express way, your first exit are domestic, second exit are international

Sorry, but this is not correct. There are two international terminal buildings at Don Muang, i.e Terminal 1 and Terminal 2. These two buildings are connected and if you didn't take note of the signage, you would be unaware that you are passing between two different buildings. The domestic terminal building stands by itself, is located 500 metres or south of Terminal 2 and carries no designated number.

Right Chingy lets make this clear once and for all.........i have just phoned Air Asia again their international flights leave from Terminal 1 check in Row 5 .Their Domestic flights leave from the Domestic Terminal .However the Domestic Terminal is not Terminal 2 which is where the confusion might of occured. Air Asia call centre 02515999. Ovenman you just beat me to the reply......totally agree with you.

i have just phoned Air Asia again their international flights leave from Terminal 1 check in Row 5 .

I don't suppose you happened to ask if this changed recently?

Air Asia were checking in at Terminal 2 at the beginning of June, using different rows for different flights. As the dust settles and their Bangkok operation builds, perhaps Air Asia has settled in to a "home" at row 5 in Terminal 1(?).

domestic flight go to 2

international flight go to 1

i went to phuket AA check in at terminal 2

i went to penang AA check in at terminal 1

lets make this clear ok

You are saying that the domestic flights are leaving from terminal 2 and not from the DOMESTIC airport. Strange.
yes domestic flight, you have to check in at terminal 2

(and not from DOMESTIC airport) what the hel1 are you talking about

This is going to be the longest thread on an easy question. :o

chingy_, I don't want to sound bossy, but you are wrong, although I understand your mistake, you just took the first (two) building(s) as one terminal and the domestic building as another terminal.

I drive north from BKK and take the exit for International airport (the second one, as the first one is domestic), cross Vibhavadhi and come into the airport area. Then I drive up (half-right) pass the VIP-building (departure) to your right are the signs showing which airline is operating international in which terminal, and arrive at Terminal 1. At the end of this terminal, drive slightly to the left to enter Terminal 2. At the end of Terminal 2 don't drive out to Vibhavahdi but down, turn half-left to enter the service road to Domestic Terminal.

Here some more explanations and maps, just for the fun of it:

Bangkok International Airport Terminals

http://www.bangkok-bkk.com/terminals.html

Introduction

Bangkok International Airport offers a complex of three terminals to the traveller: International Passenger Terminal 1, International Passenger Terminal 2, and the Domestic Passenger Terminal. The International Terminals are built side by side. The Domestic Terminal is 500 metres from Terminal 2 and is connected by an air-conditioned walkway and a free-to-user bus shuttle.

Terminal 1

Bangkok's Terminal 1 handles some international flights.

Terminal 1 has 124 check-in counters. It handles flights for more than 30 airlines, including Thai Airways International, Scandinavian Airlines System, Malaysia Airways, Korean Airlines, Egypt Air, Aeroflot, Air India and El Al-Israel Airlines.

Terminal 2

Bangkok's Terminal 2 handles some international flights.

Bangkok's Terminal 2 has 96 check-in counters. It handles flights for more than 30 airlines including Lufthansa German Airlines, Singapore Airlines, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, China Airlines, Kuwait Airways, Qantas Airways and British Airways.

Domestic Passenger Terminal

Bangkok's Domestic Passenger Terminal has 43 check-in counters. It handles domestic flights for Thai Airways, Bangkok Airways and others.

And here a map showing all three terminals.

Puuhhh, this was hard work.... :D

http://www.bangkok-bkk.com/maps.html

lets make this clear ok

This is going to be the longest thread on an easy question. :o

chingy_, I don't want to sound bossy, but you are wrong,

I drive north from BKK and take the exit for International airport (the second one, as the first one is domestic),

Chingy & Axel ...

You both said the same !!!

Roger

:o I flew Air Asia Bangkok to Phuket and I certainly wouldn't use them again. Their 'advertised' price got inflated by 'add-ons', they charged us 50 BHT per kilo over 20 kg ea. No refreshment in flight and on the return their was a 2 hr delay because they were waiting for a plane to come down from Chang Mai.

Never again - Orient Thai is reported to be a cheaper and better option (I still favour Thai Airways - they have just brought down their prices on internal flights).

Bigalsouth........to be fair it does say on the Air Asia web site that no drinks or food are included in the ticket price but may be purchased onboard......it also says in their terms and conditions that free checked baggage allowance is 15kg and unchecked baggage 7kg anything over is charged excess at 5RM (50 baht) per kilo. Two hour delay sounds a bit unacceptable though when your only flying down to Phuket.......Still would of thought they were a lot cheaper than Thai Airways though. How long ago did you travel, might of just been teething problems regarding delay?