Watch Your Drinks

Bobthegimp

It's not just your drinks you have to watch, I know of a guy who got drugged and robbed in his condo, apparently (don't ask me how) this female he had taken back, she had got him to kiss her breasts to which she had applied Ketamine, he woke up 20hrs later, robbed of all, it appears she also had a pass key for his safe. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

About 17 years back just after I'd arrived here, I was drugged on Beach Rd Jomtien. I mistakenly let a local "lady" who I'd not long met buy me a bottle of beer from a 7 eleven which she handed me opened. Yes I know, she saw me coming, but I was already well oiled and she was a bit of a babe. Better men than me have fallen for this trick. Anyway, she must have been stood behind me earlier when I'd made a withdrawal from an atm, because my account was a couple of hundred pounds lighter when I checked the next day. One of those lessons in life that costs you, but in my case was cheap in the long run.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, bbi1 said:

I see tons of super obese fat farangs with swollen feet from diabetes all over Pattaya all the time, who always look like a hell of a mess.

Ladyboys, they were probably the culprits if true. Why would anyone in their right mind come anywhere near those things?

Ladyboys will go with anyone, they don't care if the person is an ugly old, fat farang.

• Haha 2

yes this happens, happened to my uncle in new york, and to a friend's daughter in the uk, unfortunately you need to be careful wherever you are.

while this story seems made up it does contain an important message

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, saintdomingo said:

Urban myth or reality I don't know, but when I first arrived here in 97 I was told there had been a rash of similar incidents including one resulting in a fatality 

This guy came back a year later and it happened AGAIN what a nob.

19 hours ago, stoner said:

you lost the plot here. in what world does a starbucks coffee cost 100b ? 

Iced latte in Starbucks next to Ocean Mall Chumphon costs 115THB as of a month ago. My wife wanted to see what all the rage about Starbucks coffee was. Overpriced dish water was my opinion!  So he has not lost the plot at all!! 

3 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

Since when does the Avenue DIY store sell socks to go with his slippers? His whole story is made up

Also no empty lot behind Avenue Apartments where guy supposedly woke up?

Maybe he meant Avenue Residence.... but which one ?

Seems to be a couple of empty lots in the area as well.

image.png.afe33dcb7917aa31cc060d75a2d479c7.png

1 hour ago, worrab said:

Iced latte in Starbucks next to Ocean Mall Chumphon costs 115THB as of a month ago. My wife wanted to see what all the rage about Starbucks coffee was. Overpriced dish water was my opinion!  So he has not lost the plot at all!! 

you're right. 115 is clearly 100 what was i thinking. now how about the price of a real coffee from starbucks ? looks to be around 150 to 160b. ice latte is about 75 percent ice. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Freddy42OZ said:

Ladyboys will go with anyone, they don't care if the person is an ugly old, fat farang.

Same with nearly all other prostitutes. As far as you give them money, most of them will say you are handsum man, even if you are an old, ugly, super obese, hairy, bald, old man.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Same with nearly all other prostitutes. As far as you give them money, most of them will say you are handsum man, even if you are an old, ugly, super obese, hairy, bald, old man.

I'm proof otherwise, held up 10k baht and girl told me to piss off. She said she wouldn't sleep with me for a million baht 😞 

She was a waitress though, but still hurt....

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

Sadly some folks believe,  incorrectly,  they have to!

True, There are many, many guys who are members of the "scared of your own shadow" brigade. They must lose lots of sleep wondering if they are obeying all the rules that a$$holes sitting around tables make up.

21 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Why would you think he made up such a story ???

People getting 'roofied' in Thailand is a story as old as tourism. 

I know of people this has happened two, one of them a couple of decades ago, he disappeared for a couple of days and his local account ATM had be drained - he doesn't remember anything of the weekend at all and hospital later confirmed some 'nasty stuff' in his system (this was about 20 years ago though). 

About 5 years ago I was drinking with a close friend...  at bar closure time we stopped off on one of those street bars along a Sukhumvit side soi....  We were chatting away and I had my beer on the 'bar type thingy' beside me...  my attention was drawn to my friend for a short while, before I reached around and took my drink, when taking a sip I tasted this acrid artificial flavour in the beer and my immediate reaction was to spit the beer out on the floor....   I immediately suspected something untoward...  I told me friend not to drink any more, we paid the bill  and left....    I have no proof, but I suspect something was placed in my drink but it didn't have enough time to settle and mix in etc... 

You ALWAYS have ancedotes about EVERYTHING Dicky, all probably made up tho

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Hundreds of thousands of them in the airport!

more than you would think. 

anyway whether the story is true ornot the message is correct.

WATCH WHAT YOU ARE DRINKING AND WHERE YOU ARE DRINKING.

Great way to get severely bar fined.