Watch Your Drinks

Bobthegimp

3 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

Deleted as no need to argue over 150 baht coffee and a made up story

Speaking of made up stories... how was that Bt155 coffee that you observed at 150-155bt !

3 hours ago, BigStar said:

You may have been referring in your inarticulate way to my own statement. I usually do order the Americano. However, the OP's 100 baht turns out to have been correct for brewed coffee. 🙂 You may post a photo from the menu next time you're in. 🙂 

He could post a pic of his frequent buyer card too....... after all he purchased/observed the price a coffee at Starbucks Avenue not long ago.

• Thumbs Up 1

It happened to me once, I think.  I was out having a few beers one night.  I went to a few bars, but I didn’t have too much to drink. Maybe four beers over the course of two hours.  Anyway, I started to feel strange and decided it was time to go home, so I ordered a taxi.  It finally showed up and he drove me back to my condo.  I could barely get out my wallet to pay the driver, but somehow I managed to do that.  I then managed to somehow stumble up the stairs and go inside.  I even managed the elevator ok. 

Once inside, I passed out on the bed, fully dressed. That was Saturday night at around 9pm.  I didn’t wake up until sometime late Monday. No hangover at all. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, jas007 said:

It happened to me once, I think.

Happened to me more than a few times ...

... oh wait ... does it matter if we drugged ourselves ?

Edited by KhunLA

On 3/1/2024 at 3:13 PM, Bobthegimp said:

so I sent an email to head office about her and will follow up to see that she is commended for taking such good care of a customer. 

It was probably better to not have sent this email. She will likely be reprimanded for leaving her duty to take of a problem that has nothing to do with the business and cost them time and money from other potential customers.

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, traveller101 said:
On 3/2/2024 at 2:16 PM, Pattaya57 said:

Last time I checked all were around 150-155

(Not including this expresso crap quoted here)

Espresso (expresso crap) is nothing more than a strong coffee. Made from .... coffee beans. It's a method of brewing coffee using high water pressure and finely ground beans to make a small concentrated shot.

Zillions of people prefer it to the often watery black liquid being offered.

Never too old to learn something new.

Those who are uneducated and 'stuck in their ways' will very rarely learn anything new. 

If someone states 'this expresso crap'...  its clear they have no idea of the subject they are discussing while still expressing their bias - the certainly have no idea than the Espresso extraction method makes a richer deeper more textured and luxurious coffee.... 

The post highlights that quality is simply wasted on some... and no Starbucks is not quality, but to the unbiased, neither is it terrible (and an espresso shot can be had for 100 Baht).

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Happened to me more than a few times ...

... oh wait ... does it matter if we drugged ourselves ?

So you think I drank four beers and was knocked out for almost two days? I don’t think so.  

• Sad 1

On 3/2/2024 at 6:17 AM, jacko45k said:

Happened to me in Bangkok decades ago, although in my case in the room. Happened to an elderly friend who remained conscious but in a right state. These fuxxers could kill someone very readily administering strong drugs to people already drugged up on alcohol. I know many argue against it but I prefer to have my passport, licences etc in a room safe than on my person... only need money (and maybe a passport copy) to go out on the razz. 

Kudos to the OP for helping the guy......and do we really need morons arguing over the price of coffee?

Excellent story OP.

Back in the day i would put my money and passport in those safes!

If it was a key operated  , I use to hide the key in the tank of the  toilet  attached to a wire inside the water pipe.

My brother was a victim of a drugging ! Hes lucky he didn’t die , he only lost

his cash .

Edited by riclag

On 3/1/2024 at 4:41 PM, Pattaya57 said:

Because he said a coffee at Starbucks at the Avenue was 100 baht. That I know is untrue so suggests rest of story untrue also

Maybe he doesn't usually go to an overpriced place for coffee, but somewhere such as Amazon where you can get a coffee for 100 baht. Did you think of that? And he went into Starbucks with the victim because that was close by. But it's okay, @stoner and probably others have made the same unnecessary comment without thinking it through.

24 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:
On 3/1/2024 at 4:41 PM, Pattaya57 said:

Because he said a coffee at Starbucks at the Avenue was 100 baht. That I know is untrue so suggests rest of story untrue also

Maybe he doesn't usually go to an overpriced place for coffee, but somewhere such as Amazon where you can get a coffee for 100 baht. Did you think of that? And he went into Starbucks with the victim because that was close by. But it's okay, @stoner and probably others have made the same unnecessary comment without thinking it through.

Pattaya57 has accused another poster of telling a fake story, and he's basing accusation on a mistake.

It's been proven that the quoted cost of coffee is correct, but common sense suggests if the only basis for someone suggesting a story is fake is the one extracted fact they disbelieves then that poster hardly clever enough to evaluate the truthfulness of someone else's post in the first place.....

Someone how a troll has distracted the readers with an argument about the cost of a coffee - its just stupid.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

39 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

ya i just don't believe the story. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, sungod said:

Sorry to go off topic, but how much is a cup of tea in Starbucks?

Oh, well done to the gimp as well, good drills!

Bt100 fir an Early Grey.

On 3/1/2024 at 4:41 PM, scubascuba3 said:

From time to time you get these disoriented farang stories, sometimes dementia, don't know where they are, hotel staying in etc, or it's another LB story

I'm having medical problems with my penis.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, AndyAndyAndy said:

I'm no expert, but all of the stories about being drugged have following pattern:

1. I was already drunk

2. Then I drank even more alcohol

3. Then I don't remember anything

4. When I woke up in the morning I had very less money then I remember having

If this counts as being drugged then I'm being drugged like a twice a week. 😲

Please don't do that to yourself Andy .

Your a good man and I love you 

7 hours ago, AndyAndyAndy said:

I'm no expert, but all of the stories about being drugged have following pattern:

1. I was already drunk

2. Then I drank even more alcohol

3. Then I don't remember anything

4. When I woke up in the morning I had very less money then I remember having

If this counts as being drugged then I'm being drugged like a twice a week. 😲

The difference is you don't actually wake up in the morning!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 3/3/2024 at 2:30 PM, richard_smith237 said:

the certainly have no idea than the Espresso extraction method makes a richer deeper more textured and luxurious coffee.... 

hahahahahahahahahahaha

• Confused 1

This thread is still going?  

A couple of points :

I offered the man 100 baht to buy a coffee, which he politely refused. Nowhere did I say that coffee costs 100 baht. I haven't got a clue because I no longer set foot in Starbucks.

The second point is that the gentleman didn't smell of alcohol. You can smell a hung over drunk from a meter away.  The guy wasn't shaky, either, just a problem with balance. 

As a final note, I had nothing to gain by making this up.  So many fun and amazing things have happened since I posted this thread that I'd forgotten about it. 

Get out of your comfort zone and do new things. Have fun and don't be afraid to talk to new people.  There are some friendly and interesting people in Thailand but you've got to be open to meeting them. 

• Agree 1

On 4/16/2024 at 12:51 PM, Bobthegimp said:

Get out of your comfort zone and do new things. Have fun and don't be afraid to talk to new people.  There are some friendly and interesting people in Thailand but you've got to be open to meeting them. 

Exactly Bob !!!

I'm just about to arrive in Pattaya where I will spend most of my holiday time compiling statistics and graphs on how many of the Dental clinics have the word "smile " in their name .

I'm open to meeting , I would love to discuss the Psychometrics of this with you .

• Like 1

On 3/2/2024 at 2:29 PM, Ralf001 said:

Cannot say I have ever asked for a cup of coffee beans.... might be an option at starbucks I guess but it aint for me.

I think you can only buy it by the pouch or jar, not in a glass.

On 3/1/2024 at 2:58 PM, Pattaya57 said:

Since when does the Avenue DIY store sell socks to go with his slippers? His whole story is made up

Also no empty lot behind Avenue Apartments where guy supposedly woke up?

Geez enough of the nonsense....what are you  a detective.

Good for OP to try and help someone in need.  

• Like 1