Why people insult others so easily and so often?

12 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Ironically, that reads like it was written by a very petty, very incomplete, very poorly developed and juvenile individual that smells of something but not adults.

Thanks. You continued kindness and supported is noted. A real cheerleader of this forum, ain't we? 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, ravip said:

After reading the post of @Negita43, i thought I will start this thread just to have a wider opinion about this trend.

Today we see people insult and put down others apparently for minute reasons. Why is this? We see here at AN the Thai people been accused of 'loosing face' issue - but, isn't this phenomenon more visible in other country national?

I guess, this is because each human thinks he is superior to the other?

IMO it happens on here because the posters are anonymous, and they can say what they want without getting a fistful of fives in the face. I bet that none of the worst offenders would ever say things like that to another in person.

• Love It 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'll accept that if you accept that most of the people on the planet are stupid. If that's not acceptable to you then I presume you are just being racist.

Maybe they are, but I have only lived in two countries and the Thai's are more stupid than UK people although they are more decent and honest, It is really the horrendous road statistics that prove how stupid Thais are, when driving and riding are about 80% common sense.

World wide I would accept that probably most people on the planet are stupid.

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:
14 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Ironically, that reads like it was written by a very petty, very incomplete, very poorly developed and juvenile individual that smells of something but not adults.

Thanks. You continued kindness and supported is noted. A real cheerleader of this forum, ain't we? 

You're welcome, always happy to point out blatant hypocrisy...even though the offenders don't approve.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, Lucky Bones said:

Hear what you are saying. It's not ironic.

I have tried and simply failed at getting my head around the communication (language.)

I saw it many a time in Oz.

🙃🙃

Some would consider you "racist" which you are not !

But they say immigration to western countries they don't need to know english

But ...if you go to Thailand you should learn Thai 😳

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You're welcome, always happy to point out blatant hypocrisy...even though the offenders don't approve.

You'd have to get the biggest bully on this forum ,pot  calling the kettle black or whatever the saying is !

Edited by georgegeorgia

My personal reason is that I have a very low tolerance for stupidity. In life I avoid them most of the time. On-line I tend to respond as sometimes I believe they need to be called out or corrected. Would I do that face-to-face? I doubt I would be in the company of such people.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

My personal reason is that I have a very low tolerance for stupidity. In life I avoid them most of the time. On-line I tend to respond as sometimes I believe they need to be called out or corrected. Would I do that face-to-face? I doubt I would be in the company of such people.

Your common sense is someone's else's stupidity 🤔

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'll accept that if you accept that most of the people on the planet are stupid. If that's not acceptable to you then I presume you are just being racist.

Most people on this planet have an IQ less than 100.

Actually 82 on world basis

Just saying

20 hours ago, Lucky Bones said:

Hear what you are saying. It's not ironic.

I have tried and simply failed at getting my head around the communication (language.)

I saw it many a time in Oz.

🙃🙃

I went to learn Thai not long after I arrived here, I spent 5000Bt for a one month course. and never missed a class, what put me off was the stupid tones and finding it hard to understand what a Thai person was saying to me.

i honestly believe that if the Thai language was a normal language like the French, German or Spanish etc I would have been fluent in it long ago.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

If you can learn to accept other people’s stupidity, eventually you will achieve the same for your own.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

I went to learn Thai not long after I arrived here, I spent 5000Bt for a one month course. and never missed a class, what put me off was the stupid tones and finding it hard to understand what a Thai person was saying to me.

i honestly believe that if the Thai language was a normal language like the French, German or Spanish etc I would have been fluent in it long ago.

‘Normal language’ - you mean like Chinese, or Vietnamese, or Malay, or Tamil?

Or do you mean “a European dialect derived from Latin with Germanic influences”.

Some languages are more foreign than others.  That depends on where you start from, not the language.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

its basic  human nature for gods sake     . When women meet socially  they spend a lot of time telling each other how pretty they are, they don't actually mean it , its just something they say which helps them bond,  Likewise when men meet, a considerable amount of time is taken up by taking the Pi$$ out of each other, they don't mean it either , its all part of bonding.

A sense of humour is essential for enjoying life as is a lack of Ego and  a relatively thick skin.  There are too many offended snowflakes around these days.  one has to learn how to take it as well as how to give it.  And to hear somebody on here suggesting reporting things to moderators is nothing short of pathetic.   We all left school a long time ago and the days of running to a teacher sobbing with ones hands in the air ended more than 50 years ago.

Spot on. A lot of guys did not grow up with that type of schoolyard horseplay. It's more of a girl mentality where they get hurt feelings. Maybe it is a cultural thing. I know the Usa, South America and the Uk takes the piss.

• Agree 2

11 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Spot on. A lot of guys did not grow up with that type of schoolyard horseplay. It's more of a girl mentality where they get hurt feelings. Maybe it is a cultural thing. I know the Usa, South America and the Uk takes the piss.

and the invention of concepts  like "Hate speech"  and even worse "non crime hate incidents" kind of legitimises and encourages this soft mummys boy attitude.  I had no idea South America had also been infected. 

33 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

its basic  human nature for gods sake     . When women meet socially  they spend a lot of time telling each other how pretty they are, they don't actually mean it , its just something they say which helps them bond,  Likewise when men meet, a considerable amount of time is taken up by taking the Pi$$ out of each other, they don't mean it either , its all part of bonding.

A sense of humour is essential for enjoying life as is a lack of Ego and  a relatively thick skin.  There are too many offended snowflakes around these days.  one has to learn how to take it as well as how to give it.  And to hear somebody on here suggesting reporting things to moderators is nothing short of pathetic.   We all left school a long time ago and the days of running to a teacher sobbing with ones hands in the air ended more than 50 years ago 

Love it !

You will get posters on here who like to dish it out but if you dish it back they are offended !

" Moderator ! Moderator! they shout, , "George spat in my lunch box ! 

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

i honestly believe that if the Thai language was a normal language like the French, German or Spanish etc I would have been fluent in it long ago

Out of interest what part of the Thai language has lead you to your decision that it is not a normal language, just the tones?    I failed miserably at French in school, despite attending the compulsory classes for about 10 years, Languages were just not for me , or so i was told.  However I can speak read and write Thai to a better degree than i could ever do in French despite never having had a single lesson. Actually wanting to learn is a huge advantage, and a refusal to give up is essential. What kept me going is that millions of kids here learn Thai to a usable level, despite not even going to school regularly in many cases. If they can, I can, or so I convinced myself.  To be honest I still find older people harder to communicate with, probably due to them often having no teeth.  And there are always new words to learn for specific one off situations which can be easily forgotten afterwards

To be honest expecting to improve much after a month of lessons is a bit unrealistic, you need to consider that to be just a grounding in the basics, and then  persevere by speaking with Thais at every opportunity, that's the only way to become familiar with the language, what is taught in a classroom can differ significantly from every day speech,  

I would hate to have to learn English from scratch just the slang and the idioms would be beyond me Even worse to learn it from a Thai teacher in a government school. Like most native speakers  I have never really understood the tenses either, but  naturally through repetition in childhood , like everybody else. I am automatically  able to know what is wrong or right just by instinct, and how things sound  I doubt I will ever reach that level in Thai, in fact I'm sure of it

The older we get the harder it becomes, I know I will never be "fluent"  but its not that difficult to reach a useable standard

11 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

pretty sure if you browse the lastest Trump threads here you will see it's the left/liberals that start throwing insults.

When you walk in to a room asked for blue colour items, and then when you walk out for then be asked how many red items did you see? 

The same when reading forums, you only focus on leftish insults, and realky do not notice insults from your biased viewed fellow's 

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, Lacessit said:

It seems to be a cultural thing among both Brits and Aussies to only insult their friends. It's known as sledging.

When either nationality is is freezingly polite, time to watch out.

Precisely.

9 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Out of interest what part of the Thai language has lead you to your decision that it is not a normal language, just the tones?    I failed miserably at French in school, despite attending the compulsory classes for about 10 years, Languages were just not for me , or so i was told.  However I can speak read and write Thai to a better degree than i could ever do in French despite never having had a single lesson. Actually wanting to learn is a huge advantage, and a refusal to give up is essential. What kept me going is that millions of kids here learn Thai to a usable level, despite not even going to school regularly in many cases. If they can, I can, or so I convinced myself.  To be honest I still find older people harder to communicate with, probably due to them often having no teeth.  And there are always new words to learn for specific one off situations which can be easily forgotten afterwards

To be honest expecting to improve much after a month of lessons is a bit unrealistic, you need to consider that to be just a grounding in the basics, and then  persevere by speaking with Thais at every opportunity, that's the only way to become familiar with the language, what is taught in a classroom can differ significantly from every day speech,  

I would hate to have to learn English from scratch just the slang and the idioms would be beyond me Even worse to learn it from a Thai teacher in a government school. Like most native speakers  I have never really understood the tenses either, but  naturally through repetition in childhood , like everybody else. I am automatically  able to know what is wrong or right just by instinct, and how things sound  I doubt I will ever reach that level in Thai, in fact I'm sure of it

The older we get the harder it becomes, I know I will never be "fluent"  but its not that difficult to reach a useable standard

Excellent post, I read right through it and agree with what you said, I did learn a bit of German for singing one particular song back in my band days. The German from   🎼can't you see I love you🎶 please don't break my heart in two, 🎵that's not hard to do cause 🎵I don't have a Wooden Heart. :guitar:

• Thanks 1

Here in this forum some people like to offend each other and insulting each other just to show their true colours. Some here seem to belong to the bottom of the society where they come from.

They can do it here anonymously instead of face to face.

But even then I would not be surprised seeing them to start an assault and fighting like tinkers.

Most of them are not used to discuss matters but want to be right only and to have the last word. 

It's sad.😳

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Excellent post, I read right through it and agree with what you said, I did learn a bit of German for singing one particular song back in my band days. The German from   🎼can't you see I love you🎶 please don't break my heart in two, 🎵that's not hard to do cause 🎵I don't have a Wooden Heart. :guitar:

is that  the Pinocchio song with words sounding like "mussi deng mussi deng"    there is an english guy in his 80's  that i know and when he's had a few its his goto song , especially when in the company of germans lol. 

To be honest when I hear Germans or French or any other europeans speaking together I can't make out a single word they say, and as for Polish  I can't even repeat the words parrot fashion.    A bit like the Khmer that my inlaws speak which seems to me to be nothing more than a series of grunts with few vowels if any. 

When I started learning Thai from  books there was an early exercise in which they taught  a few words, they then one played a recording (on the accompanying cassette tape) and was asked if one could recognise any of the words, i found it absolutely impossible at first but gradually as my ear became accustomed to it the fog started to clear. I quite like some Thai music and that was what partly got me started reading ( the karaoke subtitles)  The ability to read a bit definitely helps there is always an opportunity to practice, I used to try reading the car number plates where the provinces are written underneath

I actually find languages fascinating these days, particularly for example how a Thai even when completely drunk out of his head and almost unable to speak, can be understood by other Thais far easier than they understand me  i guess its the same for all languages, but what is it that makes this possible. I have come to the conclusion it is something to do with the pronunciation of vowels specifically, but I am far from a master of linguistics  

Watching Thai TV helps especially the soaps, but I find the news very challenging as they and the newspapers seem to have have a vocabulary all of their own. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

Here in this forum some people like to offend each other and insulting each other just to show their true colours. Some here seem to belong to the bottom of the society where they come from.

They can do it here anonymously instead of face to face.

But even then I would not be surprised seeing them to start an assault and fighting like tinkers.

Most of them are not used to discuss matters but want to be right only and to have the last word. 

It's sad.😳

Generally speaking , other than the factual threads regarding  Visas or electrical issues etc, there is little on here that is actually "discussed"  any threads involving Trump, Muzzers, Cannabis, or Gaza for example  become a slanging match from the start.  Its pretty obvious that this is intentional on the part of the website, and there is no better way to generate the all important clicks which are needed to pay for this forums upkeep and maintenance.  

I doubt anybody has ever had a change of heart regarding their feelings on those subjects, yet some seem to feel it is a possibility if they argue strenuously enough, the insults start when they realise their belief in converting people is unfounded, and are generally due to frustration.

As regards insults it certainly appears to me that the  members  of the "tolerant and progressive liberal left"  take this to a whole new level if one doesn't agree with their views not only is one wrong but one is , in their eyes, a bad person, almost sub human, and worthy as a recipient  of the worst insults they can think of. 

Furthermore throwing words like Racist or whatever "phobe" into discussions is done for the express purpose of ending any further discussion whatsoever. Like wise the use of words like Nazi and Fascist are just ridiculous, bearing in mind the true meaning of the words and the complete absence of any people on here who could be accurately described as such.  These words now simply get aimed at anybody who's often moderate right of center  views don't align with those of the person using such language.  According to some the meaning of these words has actually changed ( in their minds only) to mean whatever they want

I am actually starting to think that this forum has to a certain extent been infiltrated by some of these uber left activists who don't even live here and have probably never even visited, preferring to sit in their own countries continually searching the net for something to be offended by,  normally on behalf of others

As far as I am concerned  its "sticks and stones" and all that, but as a white hetro male who has worked and supported himself since before leaving school I never had anybody telling me otherwise.  If I had I may have also become one of the permanently offended, but I remain one of the water off a ducks back brigade, and will give as good as I get