Mass Shooting at Concert in Ubon Ratchathani Leaves Four People Dead, Many Injured

webfact

image.jpeg

Ubon Ratchathani—At 12:30 AM, on March 1st, 2024, Khong Chiam police officers received a mass shooting report incident, resulting in four casualties and many injuries, at a northeastern-style concert in Khong Chiam, Ubon Ratchathani.

According to the police report, unidentified witnesses told the police that during the concert at a temple in Khong Chiam, Mr. Noppadon Thonglee, a 45-year-old Volunteer Defense Corps (VDC) guarding the event, broke up a group of audience members that annoyed the singers on the stage.

Noppadon’s action made the group of audience members angry, leading to a heated verbal and physical quarrel between the two parties.

Enraged after the altercation, Noppadon returned home to get his firearm, a CZ-75, and then came back to the concert and shot at the group of audience members who attacked him, resulting in many casualties and injuries.

Upon the police arrival, Khong Chiam administrative officers and the VDC suppressed the situation after the chaos was subdued.

By Kittisak Phalaharn

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-03-02

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

• Confused 2
  • Sad 15
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, mizzi39 said:

This sounds like a fragile ego high on yaba.

Top quality security guard, with attitude, goes home gets gun and kills innocent people, probably on something, or just Ba Ba Bor Bor Maaaaak, I feel sorry for the victims it's shocking hi

• Like 2

These "morlam" events are full of trouble due to brainless drunkards. Extra protection is needed. It's ages that I came near such event.

One was in our village at the school yard. Guys with pump guns taking care for security.

The other one was a "superstar" event with huge crowds.

Military police taking care.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Tarteso said:

Is this what the prime minister Sretttha was referring to yesterday, when he said: “We have the talent and creativity to illuminate world stage of music concerts ourselves.” ?

Yes mate Thai style Shooting Stars comes to mind. :giggle: 

There seems to be too much mimicking of the USA these days in Thailand how these shootings at concerts and shopping malls are taking place with increased frequency.

The similarity between these two countries is the relative ease with which youngsters are getting hold of very dangerous weapons.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

I've seen several of these where the female dancers, singers on stage are doing sexual gyrations.  Combine that with men that are extremely drunk and or high.

Not a good combination.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Noppadan is named as both the guard and the perpetrator. Is he both? 

A horrific act. What kind of man shoots a group of people dead? Fortunately this kind of thing does not happen often here. They happen almost daily in the US, a nation that absolutely adores it's violence. 

he had a Uniform and they ignored him and even mocked him...........someone had to teach them a lesson. 😉 Considering just how many guns there are in circulation in Thailand there are surprisongly few incidents like this - fortunately. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rwill said:

I've seen several of these where the female dancers, singers on stage are doing sexual gyrations.  Combine that with men that are extremely drunk and or high.

Not a good combination.

You talking about clubs in Pattaya or concerts? 5555

• Haha 1

Flick of the switch- Mall cop goes rouge- They dont need yabba to set them off- So sorry for the victims, reminds me of the wedding shooting last year it's the wild east over here!!! 

On 11/8/2023 at 12:44 PM, kevin612 said:

Few months ago, I saw a naked foreign woman, maybe Russian, she was walking naked on the second road. Anyone witnessed that as well?

I see one on 3rd road near pattaya north road around that time 8am in the morning....