Mass Shooting at Concert in Ubon Ratchathani Leaves Four People Dead, Many Injured

webfact

On 3/2/2024 at 7:07 AM, hotchilli said:

How to have a good time at a temple concert.... 

Trust me, they're a lot more fun that mosque concerts (and I've actually been to both)... 

11 hours ago, cowellandrew said:

At a temple?

Temple concerts can get a bit rowdy with villagers falling out over past issues fueled with alcohol.

Seems this time the guard employed to keep things calm wasn't the best choice.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2024 at 8:03 AM, KhunBENQ said:

These "morlam" events are full of trouble due to brainless drunkards. Extra protection is needed. It's ages that I came near such event.

One was in our village at the school yard. Guys with pump guns taking care for security.

The other one was a "superstar" event with huge crowds.

Military police taking care.

These events have turned into meet-ups where gangs of jobless youngsters with too much time on their hands, all from local villages turn out to settle scores, get drunk, and cause trouble in general.

Very little about the Morlam events interest these youngsters, except for the above reasons.

My other half doesn't bother anymore and also says the music isn't anywhere near like it used to be.

These are no longer joyous occasions and haven't been for a long time.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Scouse123 said:

These events have turned into meet-ups where gangs of jobless youngsters with too much time on their hands, all from local villages turn out to settle scores, get drunk, and cause trouble in general.

Very little about the Morlam events interest these youngsters, except for the above reasons.

My other half doesn't bother anymore and also says the music isn't anywhere near like it used to be.

These are no longer joyous occasions and haven't been for a long time.

Far less dangerous and more joyous than they used to be is my experience, still I've only been about 1200 in 25 years. You are far more likely to see trouble at a football match in the UK, some northern 'fans' even boo their own national anthem, racially abuse black players or only go for a punch up outside. There are hundreds of music concerts all over the country every night, one shooting and the scaremongering starts. 😔

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, proton said:

Far less dangerous and more joyous than they used to be is my experience, still I've only been about 1200 in 25 years. You are far more likely to see trouble at a football match in the UK, some northern 'fans' even boo their own national anthem, racially abuse black players or only go for a punch up outside. There are hundreds of music concerts all over the country every night, one shooting and the scaremongering starts. 😔

You are talking apples and oranges comparing British football matches to Morlam concerts.

Your comments about fans booing the national anthem, you get clowns in any stadium where you can have around 60,000 paying fans. Football in the UK is far safer now than it was in the eighties and nineties.

Racism? Many countries experience racism, and Thailand openly does it, referring to Black people as Negroes, even in their language.!

I am in North East Thailand and I have been here for more than 25 years as well, I've been to plenty as well, though not these days, as they now bore me and I stand by my previous statement, they have become unruly affairs.

I have seen and experienced many times ridiculous and needless fighting, chairs being thrown and the plug being pulled on events until the violence has been brought under control. Usually, as a result of rival gangs meeting up from different villages.

In Bangkok, if you want to talk about unwarranted violence, what about the gun violence between schoolboys, just for going to a different school in a different district?

Lastly, my comments were not specifically aimed at Morlam concerts, although I still stand by my comments.

I was referring to the ease of access people in Thailand have to dangerous weapons, especially firearms, which they shouldn't have

Edited by Scouse123

On 3/2/2024 at 8:24 AM, rwill said:

I've seen several of these where the female dancers, singers on stage are doing sexual gyrations.  Combine that with men that are extremely drunk and or high.

Not a good combination.

for the love of god what is wrong with you?

10 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

You are talking apples and oranges comparing British football matches to Morlam concerts.

Your comments about fans booing the national anthem, you get clowns in any stadium where you can have around 60,000 paying fans. Football in the UK is far safer now than it was in the eighties and nineties.

Racism? Many countries experience racism, and Thailand openly does it, referring to Black people as Negroes, even in their language.!

I am in North East Thailand and I have been here for more than 25 years as well, I've been to plenty as well, though not these days, as they now bore me and I stand by my previous statement, they have become unruly affairs.

I have seen and experienced many times ridiculous and needless fighting, chairs being thrown and the plug being pulled on events until the violence has been brought under control. Usually, as a result of rival gangs meeting up from different villages.

In Bangkok, if you want to talk about unwarranted violence, what about the gun violence between schoolboys, just for going to a different school in a different district?

Lastly, my comments were not specifically aimed at Morlam concerts, although I still stand by my comments.

I was referring to the ease of access people in Thailand have to dangerous weapons, especially firearms, which they shouldn't have

Which is why you see young males dancing around these mor lam do's with a crash helmet on because they know there is always aggro 

• Love It 1