Living naked. It's too hot.

2 hours ago, WhatMeWorry said:

My wife and I are always nude in our condos, we never wear clothing except when someone visits.

I do - my partner doesn't - after all she is is a traditional Thai country lady and I respect that..

2 hours ago, JimTripper said:

i saw a fat guy in the restaurant the other day. he had the shirt open intentionally. he was very overweight and did it on purpose. some guys like looking out of shape. i'm not sure why. to tell other people they don't care i guess, or maybe that they are retired so don't have to be well kept like when they were working. it's not an accident though, they do it intentionally.

Why should he care what others think, that is a problem for insecure people.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

If you have long balls like me better wear something.   Or else, your nuts will dangle out the bottom could get arrested.

there's a joke in there somewhere if I remember ........

there was a concert going on in this outback western town in Australia ....

anyway ... all the locals came over to the hall to hear this guy sing ....

the crowds cheering '    and clapping and all having a good time....

halfway through the show the singer yell's out  '   any requests  !!

a guy sitting in the front row sings out '   do you know your balls are hanging down between the chair ....  !!

the guy on stage pipes up and replies '   no .. but if you hum a few bars I'll soon pick it up  .... 

:sorry:    I'll just get my coat ...

27 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

I do. I never go around topless unless I'm at the pool or dressing inappropriately in public. I think it's because I don't want the attention. I don't like people staring or unduly noticing me. I'm a grey man type and want to blend in and be left alone most of the time.

Edited by JimTripper

4 hours ago, JimTripper said:

I do. I never go around topless unless I'm at the pool or dressing inappropriately in public. I think it's because I don't want the attention. I don't like people staring or unduly noticing me. I'm a grey man type and want to blend in and be left alone most of the time.

So you confirm what I wrote: it is because you are insecure, the person doing it is clearly not. All the arguments and motivations you might have to not do it, is again only to protect your own insecure state of thinking as well as ego, if you would get rid of that, you would not give a toss too.

But I agree entirely, I prefer seeing people with shirts on too, specially if its a guy lol. Life is so much more relaxed if being able to not care, a great book to this is ''the subtle art of not giving a <deleted>''.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Confused 1

With Thailand’s hot, humid, and dry temperature, it’s understandable that a lot of tourists choose to go around without a shirt. But when you’re driving a vehicle, always keep your clothes on no matter how hot it is. If the police pull you over for driving shirtless, expect to be hit with a fine or even jail time. So keep your shirt on and save your skimpiest outfits for the beach.

One of my favorite authors while young was Daniel Defoe.

When I was young, I read all his wonderful novels.   I don't mean just the Crusoe book, but also Moll Flanders, and the rest.

So, anyway, when I was young, I used to imagine myself on an island where I would have no need to wear any clothing, whatsoever.

Just the thought of this way of life, without clothes, gave me an erection.

These days, now old, my lack of clothing in my own house fails to give me an erection.

All it does for me, these days, which is still worth a lot, is to make me feel more comfortable.

Defoe was an amazing author.

His writings are quite beautiful, and I love his sentences and paragraphs.

Also, what is the point of being a Naked Ape if one cannot just live nakedly, and...

Without prejudice ????

Note: When I was in my early teens, I used to lie naked on my bed and read Daniel Defoe.  I really got off on Daniel.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

25 minutes ago, still kicking said:

But when you’re driving a vehicle, always keep your clothes on no matter how hot it is. If the police pull you over for driving shirtless, expect to be hit with a fine or even jail time. So keep your shirt on and save your skimpiest outfits for the beach.

Yeah, luckily my cars have air con.

2 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Yeah pretty much all my time spent at home Iam naked... might throw on some shorts if out in the yard cooking on the BBQ though.

Glad to hear this.

I now have greater respect for you than I ever had before.

Way to go!

11 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

I only wear shorts. I never wear anything else now. Only a pair of shorts and sandals if I need to go to Big C. 

A woman brings me my shorts. 7 pairs every sunday. 350 baht. 1 for each day. She measured me 6 years ago. New shorts everyday is usually comfortable. But now it's getting too hot for them. I have a 46 inch waist. What about a fitted sheet, like arabs wear? Like a loose dress? Maybe the woman can fit me again and make new styles. What do you recommend she makes for me?

Get yourself a thobe, or as we called them in Saudi, a man dress

image.png.7ba39a8f5244aa678befa405939e8bd1.png

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, kwonitoy said:

Get yourself a thobe, or as we called them in Saudi, a man dress

image.png.7ba39a8f5244aa678befa405939e8bd1.png

Why would he want to sell his birthright and wear one of those things?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ralf001 said:

Yeah pretty much all my time spent at home Iam naked...

Not me. There's something about having my junk hanging there that does not feel right even if I'm alone. Wearing boxer trunks or underwear is Ok though.

Edited by JimTripper

14 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

Of course. It's too hot. 

I am barred from the food court. I went to the district office after the vendors all refused to serve me to press charges, but they didn't get back to me. 

No one wants to see a farang with no shirt on, especially not an obese one

• Agree 2

15 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

I only wear shorts. I never wear anything else now. Only a pair of shorts and sandals if I need to go to Big C. 

A woman brings me my shorts. 7 pairs every sunday. 350 baht. 1 for each day. She measured me 6 years ago. New shorts everyday is usually comfortable. But now it's getting too hot for them. I have a 46 inch waist. What about a fitted sheet, like arabs wear? Like a loose dress? Maybe the woman can fit me again and make new styles. What do you recommend she makes for me?

A t-shirt, so that you can cover your chest in Big C

15 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

I am barred from the food court. I went to the district office after the vendors all refused to serve me to press charges, but they didn't get back to me. 

Are you normal? 

This is not normal behavior!

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

Nobody is barred from the food court. I saw a giraffe of a man there the other day, a hippopotamus, and a weasel. All were served and looked to be doing great.

4 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Nobody is barred from the food court. I saw a giraffe of a man there the other day, a hippopotamus, and a weasel. All were served and looked to be doing great.

All of the vendors have made a pact not to serve me after I threw food at one. The security people say I'm not allowed in there anymore. They can be quite rude. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

Of course. It's too hot. 

Bare-chested in public. Bogan🤔 

OK at the beach. Not OK more than 1 block from the beach.

22 hours ago, Puccini said:

Isn't that an urban myth?

I believe it is true. I saw something about it recently on a YouTube story. Most likely only enforced if the Netizens push it on an online forum demanding action from the police. 

28 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

All of the vendors have made a pact not to serve me after I threw food at one. The security people say I'm not allowed in there anymore. They can be quite rude. 

Why did you sling food?

17 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Those who aren't completely ignorant and more considerate in nature do care what others think, they care not to offend other with either their behavior or dress....   

So, while you might be 'keen' on your security, you are also strong on your offensiveness if you are practicing what you preech.

12 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Not me. There's something about having my junk hanging there that does not feel right even if I'm alone. Wearing boxer trunks or underwear is Ok though.

Been going Commando ever since I came to Thailand 14 years ago.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/3/2024 at 12:49 PM, JimTripper said:

Why did you sling food?

He refused to serve me because I was only wearing shorts (there was no sign in the Big C food court showing this law) and I told him to take out the hard round green things in the mu peneng. He was very rude.

Edited by JeffersLos

9 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

He refused to serve me because I was only wearing shorts (there was no sign in the Big C food court showing this law) and I told him to take out the hard round green things in the mu peneng. He was very rude.

Some of those younger thai guys serving in those small food booths look a bit sketchy/shifty, like troublemakers or something. I like getting the food booths where females are serving or at least where there are two people in there watching the food.

Edited by JimTripper

Yonks ago I was a Tourist Police Officer in Phuket.  One task I had in Patong Bangla Road and environs was to politely tell shirtless tourists to put on a shirt if they were not on the beach or beach pavement.

I didn't hand out this advice as a power trip.  Firstly, I personally think it is very bad manners to go bare-chested if not at the beach or swimming pool.  Secondly, those tourists who ignored my polite advice were then 'collared' by the Thai police who imposed a fine.... I was trying to help them to avoid the fine.

No-one with any manners goes bare-chested in public unless at the beach or pool.  Unfortunately, there do seem to be many (from all nationalities) who have never learnt good manners....

• Agree 1