Tat To Launch Seven Amazing Wonders Of Thailand Campaign

george

TAT to launch Seven Amazing Wonders of Thailand Campaign

BANGKOK: -- The Tourism Authority of Thailand has segmented and regrouped its core national tourism products into a seven-point package that will be marketed worldwide under the banner of “Seven Amazing Wonders” of Thailand.

Approved after the annual marketing meeting of TAT in the beach resort of Cha Am last week, the new campaign is designed to help attain a target of 14.8 million international visitor arrivals in 2007 and 15.7 million in 2008. The domestic tourism target is 82 million trips in 2007 and 83 million trips in 2008.

TAT Governor Mrs Phornsiri Manoharn said, “The new planning focus takes into account the many influencing factors at the global, regional, and local levels, ranging from changes in consumer behaviour, the impact of oil prices to branding and low-cost airlines.”

Mrs Phornsiri noted that the new campaign will be underpinned by the strong branding slogan “Amazing Thailand” which proved hugely successful in 1998/99 and underscores the country’s image as a peaceful, hospitable country and a year-round tourism destination with high quality of value-for-money products and services.

The “Seven Amazing Wonders” theme products are as follows:

Thainess: “Experience the Art of Thai Living” - which refers to traditional Thai hospitality, lifestyle and friendliness of the people.

Treasure products: “Land of Heritage and History” - covering the World Heritage sites and historical places, temples, and Thai museums.

Beaches: “Fun, Sun, Surf and Serenity of Thai Beaches” - the long-standing popularity of Thai beach resorts for international and domestic tourism.

Nature: “Encounter the Sheer Beauty of Thai Nature” - focus on conservation and environment, and market Thai products within the framework of the worldwide attention being paid to global warming.

Health and Wellness: “Land of Healthy Smile” - a rapidly growing market, highlighting Thailand’s preventive and curative therapies.

Trendy: “Excite Yourself with a Myriad of Thai Trends” - targetted at the new generation of young travellers, and covering the new boutique hotels, shopping centres, restaurants, nightlife, and entertainment.

Festivities: “Enchant Yourself with International Festivities in Thailand”- the ‘sanuk’ (fun) factor, featuring popular Thai events and festivals such as the Phuket Regatta, Elephant Polo, etc.

The 18 main markets which are targeted for intensive promotions are mainly in Asia Pacific, East Asia and Europe regions. Among the 20 emerging markets with strong growth potential are Vietnam, the Philippines, Indonesia, Russia and CIS countries, East Europe, the UAE, and Saudi Arabia.

This year, TAT is to open offices in Dubai, Moscow and Vietnam, all of which are generating promising growth. It is also working actively in China which is projected to become Thailand’s top source of visitor arrivals by the end of this decade, overtaking both Malaysia and Japan.

Mrs Phornsiri said the core focus will be on attracting “quality tourists with high yield.” A lot of time and effort is to be directed at enhancing TAT’s e-marketing abilities through websites, blogs, discussion forums, travel clubs, mobile phone messages, etc, especially to reach the high-end target group in places like Japan, Australia and the US.

She said, “The fact that 60% of total arrivals are repeat visitors opens up excellent opportunities to attract more visitors by getting our loyal guests to recommend Thailand to more friends and colleagues.”

One key component of the campaign will be the nine Royal Discovery Initiative projects, all conceptualised and created by His Majesty the King and members of the Royal Family as part of Thailand’s “sufficiency economy” practice.

Mrs Phornsiri said, “This year, we are commemorating His Majesty the King’s 80th Birthday Anniversary. His Majesty is the world’s longest reigning monarch and within two years, will become the longest reigning monarch in world history. This will be another cause for glorious celebration.”

The nine Royal Discovery Initiative projects cover areas such as agriculture, occupational training, education, traditions and culture.

--AsiaTravelTips.com 2007-07-23

•Why there are still taxi touts inside Suwannabhumi

•The Hopewell Project

•The high-speed Suwannabhumi rail link

•People caught with their mitts in the till being sent to inactive posts

•The Thai driving test and Highway Code

•The entire Immigration Dept.

•Pojaman’s Ratchada land deal

:o

Mrs Phornsiri said, “This year, we are commemorating His Majesty the King’s 80th Birthday Anniversary. His Majesty is the world’s longest reigning monarch and within two years, will become the longest reigning monarch in world history. This will be another cause for glorious celebration.”

The nine Royal Discovery Initiative projects cover areas such as agriculture, occupational training, education, traditions and culture.

--AsiaTravelTips.com 2007-07-23

Wrong, the French King Louis the forteenth was king for 72 years but why let the facts get in the way of some marketing hype.

Could the TAT "7 wonders" be any more ambiguous? I thought they were going to say things like the Grand Palace, Baiyoke Tower, Phi Phi Islands, Ayutthya, etc.

sercurity at the airport xray machines ,always asleep now thats gotta make the list :o

The longest reigning monarch in world history was Pepi II, who ruled Egypt for 94 years.

The second longest was Louis XIV, who ruled France for 72 years.

Nice facts. Although I think TAT was referring to monarchs who are still living. Pepi II and Louis XIV are no longer "reigning" in their respective countries.

The longest reigning monarch in world history was Pepi II, who ruled Egypt for 94 years.

Nice facts. Although I think TAT was referring to monarchs who are still living. Pepi II and Louis XIV are no longer "reigning" in their respective countries.

If that's the case, then he already is the longest reigning monarch in the world at this very moment. Perhaps it's a miscue in the translation of the story to English.

Wrong.

His Majesty is the world’s longest reigning monarch and within two years, will become the longest reigning monarch in world history.

Sorry but could you explain this? After all you appear to ignore the historical facts as laid out. Does not the world include Egypt, Swaziland, France, Lichtenstein, Japan, and Britain where Queen Victoria reigned for over 63 years?

Even if one accepts there is some translation issue here, what are they referring to, after all HM is the longest serving living monarch today, no one disputes that so what changes within two years?

Regards

PS Have not included Austria-Hungry, Electors, etc. so as to avoide the argument that they don't exist today

You cannot blame a PR-person for falling for their own hype and the limited history being taught in schools?

Or, well, partly you can. I just write it off as a 'didn't expect anything else really'.

limited history being taught in schools

I remember a friend of mine going to a scouting jamboree and talk. The founder of the scouts worldwide was Lord Baden-Powell. In the whole talk, he was NOT mentioned even once. However, King RamaVI, who introduced the scouting movement to Thailand was, naturally, mentioned at every breath.

There you go.

Amazing wonders of Thailand.

Nothing but fluff.

No more than 20 (yes 20! )minutes after landing, a taxi driver was trying to rip off my obviously pregnant Thai wife at the airport. They haven't arrested enough of them yet, impound their taxis for a few weeks if you want to see improvement :D

We went down to the 1st floor where "PUBLIC TAXI" signs direct you from inside the airport, got to an empty queue. Man sits at a table, hands you out a piece of cardboard, tears part of it off and gives you the other part. He then calls the taxi driver over and says he hasn't ripped off anyone had a fare in 5 hours. :o My wife dealt with it while I stood back with the luggage. I overheard "no meter" and double the price we had paid to get to the airport when we flew out.

I'd had a few cigarettes by then but still, I just lost it right there and shouted "F$#^& mafia! Nothing but F$#^& mafia!" You should have seen the dozens of heads turn and a bunch of scamming taxi drivers trying to hide their heads between their sorry shoulders. :D Luckily none had a gun or would dare use it at the airport. :D Airport security had the reaction of a potted plant.

Instead, go to the 4th floor where taxis drop people off.

Unfortunately Thais are very reluctant to listen to the truth sometimes, especially when it is in contrast to the nationalistic nonsense drummed into them at every available opportunity.

I would say that almost 100% of schools in their respective countries teach historical facts 'suited' to their own points of view.

I come from Belfast (Northern Ireland) and the absolute sh1t that was thrown at us (anti Irish) in history class was unbelievable. A friend of mine (also from NI) who is a Catholic, was taught the direct opposite (anti British). Our schools were 2 miles apart!!

However, Thai history goes way beyond the realms of fantasy at times

Unfortunately Thais are very reluctant to listen to the truth sometimes, especially when it is in contrast to the nationalistic nonsense drummed into them at every available opportunity.

I would say that almost 100% of schools in their respective countries teach historical facts 'suited' to their own points of view.

I come from Belfast (Northern Ireland) and the absolute sh1t that was thrown at us (anti Irish) in history class was unbelievable. A friend of mine (also from NI) who is a Catholic, was taught the direct opposite (anti British). Our schools were 2 miles apart!!

On an even simpler plane a Thai tried to convince me that Tesco Lotus is a Thai company through and through - wouldn't accept that its roots were/are British.

Mushrooms, the lot of them

On an even simpler plane a Thai tried to convince me that Tesco Lotus is a Thai company through and through - wouldn't accept that its roots were/are British.

Mushrooms, the lot of them

lotus was a cp group company until it was acquired by tesco.... :o

Well, the quote said 'through and through', and if that was the argument used by his opponent, then his opponent was wrong to begin with.

And a company aquired doesn't sustain it's tradition/roots unless it's keeped as it's own entity.

As such, Tesco Lotus is of British roots with a local branch merged in on a local level.

lotus was a cp group company until it was acquired by tesco.

Been in Thailand a long time and can not remember a major supermarket chain called Lotus.

I guess it was a nothing company prior to joining with Tesco.

Naka.

lotus was a cp group company until it was acquired by tesco.

Been in Thailand a long time and can not remember a major supermarket chain called Lotus.

I guess it was a nothing company prior to joining with Tesco.

Naka.

Put it this way, if it was regarded by the government as a Thai entity then it wouldn't have so much resistance from the top when it came to opening new hypermarkets when a modicum of tea money should have sufficed. :o