Samsung Washing Machines? And, appliances? Garbage compared to GE/Westinghouse/Maytag?

5 minutes ago, impulse said:

As far as the brands, there's so much incest that you never know what factory is making your appliances, regardless of whose nameplate goes on it.

Interesting way of putting it - 'incest' - but you are correct. Even Bosch are marketed by other brands and on the subject of Bosch, apparently there are big differences in quality depending on which country they are manufactured in.

Edited by MangoKorat

4 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

Interesting way of putting it - 'incest' - but you are correct. Even Bosch are marketed by other brands and on the subject of Bosch, apparently there are big differences in quality depending on which country they are manufactured in.

YES!

You are so correct.

Same goes for ACs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who gets the dregs, I would ask??????

16 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Had a Simpson with Villiers petrol engine as a kid, even had the arm catcher ringer! 

image.png.a7f34f63a28a78f1b344256060635bad.png

In the 1970s, we used the TaTung washing machine in Taiwan.

This had a separate extractor to extract water from the clothes.

First, you washed the clothes.

Then, you removed the completely knotted and twisted clothes.

Then you loaded the knotted mess into the extractor.

Then....

You just threw the machine and the knotted clothes off the balcony.

Very simple process.

The Samsung machines are just about the same, in my estimation.

55 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

The impeller machines twist and tie my clothes in knots, no matter what I do.

Did you try tying your clothes in knots before loading them into the washer?

Maybe the washer would untie them.😆

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, gamb00ler said:

Did you try tying your clothes in knots before loading them into the washer?

Maybe the washer would untie them.😆

Thank you for GETTING INTO the true spirit of this....

So-called Topic!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

No.

NOT operator error.

Not.

Please read the entire article that I linked.

I will link once more:

But that's just another incompetent muppet who doesn't know how to use a washing machine properly.

As the saying goes - "it's a poor workman that blames his tools"

8 minutes ago, Stocky said:

But that's just another incompetent muppet who doesn't know how to use a washing machine properly.

As the saying goes - "it's a poor workman that blames his tools"

Sorry, but your statement is completely false, of course.

I have used washing machines most of my life, at university, at home at age 9, in HK, in Taiwan, in Mexico, in Canada, in Japan, and many other places.

Why not just refer to the link I posted above which ranks Samsung 10th, in last place, out of 10.

Would you date a girl who was ranked last?

I doubt it.

Then why would you use a washing machine ranked last?

Would you rather date a girl like Bo Derek, a 10?

Or, would you date a girl who is a One, and looks like Balzac?

Please refer to the ranking of washing machines posted above.

Thank you.

• Haha 1

Was it not Willy Loman in "Death of a Salesman " who complained his washing machine consumed belts like a maniac?

I bought my GF a Samsung washing machine about 6 years ago, she loves it. Much easier than beating wet clothes on the concrete sides of the local klong, although I do miss the wet T-shirts.

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Was it not Willy Loman in "Death of a Salesman " who complained his washing machine consumed belts like a maniac?

I bought my GF a Samsung washing machine about 6 years ago, she loves it. Much easier than beating wet clothes on the concrete sides of the local klong, although I do miss the wet T-shirts.

a. I agree, absolutely, with your reasoning about the fact that the washing machine, whatever brand, was instrumental in setting women free from drudgery, with concomitant major impacts on society, as a whole.

b.  The "Death of a Salesman" was one of the most depressing plays I ever read.  Even the name Loman sends a shiver through me.  Even worse than the Grapes of Wrath, by far, in my opinion.

c.  Wet T-shirts?  Many more years ago, there WERE no T-shirts, in some cases.  We can all be thankful.

2 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Sorry, but your statement is completely false

No it was perfectly accurate, our views do not align, live with it.

2 minutes ago, Stocky said:

No it was perfectly accurate, our views do not align, live with it.

Are you now referring to AI alignment?

image.png.5de00bf199ca2db31927fb1cff1895e8.png

Because, otherwise, I do not know what you mean.

Or, do you mean that your views do not align with the reviews of washing machines which I posted?

Not sure, really.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

a. I agree, absolutely, with your reasoning about the fact that the washing machine, whatever brand, was instrumental in setting women free from drudgery, with concomitant major impacts on society, as a whole.

b.  The "Death of a Salesman" was one of the most depressing plays I ever read.  Even the name Loman sends a shiver through me.  Even worse than the Grapes of Wrath, by far, in my opinion.

c.  Wet T-shirts?  Many more years ago, there WERE no T-shirts, in some cases.  We can all be thankful.

Personally, I find "How much land does a man need?" by Leo Tolstoy depressing. Too much greed nowadays.

Edited by Lacessit

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Personally, I find "How much land does a man need?" by Leo Tolstoy depressing. Too much greed nowadays.

My sincere thanks!

I will definitely read it.

Thanks.

No doubt, available on Gutenberg....

image.png.54396efc27c6c167f149956c6cdf7398.png

Here is the link to:  What Men Live By, and other Tales...

https://www.gutenberg.org/files/6157/6157-h/6157-h.htm

I will enjoy this, I think....

image.png.33d30c7591a9ea3109373d0d4a5e93f5.png

Tks.

(This translation might not be the best. IDK, though.)

Obviously, a good translation:

image.png.6bceb97f31d00f5d0ee122291cd228d5.png

Edited by GammaGlobulin

We purchased an LG washing machine with 17kg capacity almost six years ago. For the first 18 months it handled washing for just the wife and I. Then the wife's small homestay opened and it has handled the laundry for more than 2,000 guest night stays. Everything from the kitchen, bathrooms and bedding (including bedspreads after every stay) has gone through it. Has not missed a beat. (And while I'm here I'll also plug our Phillips brand kitchen appliances, particularly the hot water kettle and bread toaster.)

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Side loaders are more efficient, and better, as far as I know.

Side loaders clean better....as far as I know.

Only problem is....

I have never seen one, either near the university, nor anywhere (around here), which can be coin-operated.

If I had seen one, I would have used it, for sure.

Are you living under a rock? In the last few years loads of laundry places have popped up with nice stainless steel front loaders and dryers. Saw two new ones last week within 100 metres of each other when I went to immigration. One of them in a PTT station. They had washers and dryers up to 28kg capacity. My medium size town has two places that I know of and I don't go looking for them.

On 3/2/2024 at 11:51 PM, GammaGlobulin said:

One thing I love most about ASIAN washing machines, including the old TaTung washing machines from Taiwan, is that they always tie one's clothes into knots during the wash.

This never happened to me when I was young, on The Main Line, using quality machines with a far better design.

These days, after each wash, it takes me about 5 minutes to untangle the knots in my clothes.

In addition, this knotting method of washing clothes can, in my opinion, have nothing but a very deleterious effect on the life of one's clothing.

Therefore, I must assume that the washing machine companies must be "in league" with the Asian clothes manufacturers....

Because, the quicker we have our clothes worn down to nothing, the better for the clothing industry.

Also, why don't we use the machines which rotate horizontally instead of vertically?

Good question!

Those machines which have drums which are horizontal are far more efficient and effective than the Samsung garbage most of us are forced to use here in Thailand, when resorting to the COIN-OP Option.

Regards,

Gamma

Front load washers must use a rotating seal to keep the water from dumping out. If the seal really works washer is more expensive than a top loading model and more trouble to deal with. If the seal isn't top quality it still wears and fails sooner. Top load washers need no such seal.

Our first washing machine here gave us lots of problems and I had to make several trips to their spares shop. Since we got rid of that, we've used Electrolux which has been trouble-free. 

For appliances Samsung are not known for it, LG is better and more reliable.

Samsung are only know for their phone, yet their phone tend to have problems once it hits 4-5 years in average.

• Confused 2

13 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Are you now referring to AI alignment?

image.png.5de00bf199ca2db31927fb1cff1895e8.png

Because, otherwise, I do not know what you mean.

Or, do you mean that your views do not align with the reviews of washing machines which I posted?

Not sure, really.

Obtuse is your middle name?

Edited by Stocky

21 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

The problem with the Asian clothes dryers is that they have CRAPPY drying power.

When I want to dry my clothes, my bedsheets, whatever...then....I....DEMAND at least 20,000 BTU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

image.png.67f393b6a685a0c2c4a1c4ccc6208305.png

image.png.0cdeaef31ff85e3d434e66deb13b88b6.png

Asia is so FAR behind the curve in washing machines and clothes dryers, compared to the more Powerful ....  US of A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have clothes driers in our Pattaya house and our Bangkok condo.  Both work just fine.  One's an Electrolux and the other is a Beko.  The clothes washers we own have extra spin cycles, which we use, and the clothes are fairly dry when they go into the driers.  We do at least one load of wash a day and, these days, I can't imagine hanging the clothes on the too-small clothes racks we had on a procession of condo balconies, like we used to do.  That ship has, thankfully, sailed.  Over the years, we've had LG, Sanyo, Mitsubishi, Hitachi, as well as the above brands and probably some others, and the only problem has been with our robot vacuum cleaner, which is pretty old now.  

Unlike you, I have an idea, having worked in the washing machine business in Europe for 20 years: Believe me, Samsung is a nightmare for all providers there, because good quality at a much cheaper price in very good quality! As usual, you're spouting nonsense here!

• Agree 1

Samsung Washing Machines? 

Ok Gamma,Cut the Bullsh!t just tell us what Machine you like and get it over and done .

No need to call other machine  bad or indifferent ,

They are all good when new ,Just people like one Brand and some people like an other Brand that's

the same with Anything , Cars Etc People.

• Agree 1

On 3/2/2024 at 11:36 PM, GammaGlobulin said:

By the way...

When I was young, and living on The Main Line, we had a laundry room.

Also, we had a black woman who stayed with us.

She was the best.

And, therefore, we only bought the very best washing machines and clothes dryers, and clothes irons, for her to use.

I still recall that black woman.

She taught me to bake bread, and to cook lemon meringue pies, and also taught me how to cook a scrumptious pot roast, as well as a tender leg of lamb.

She was the very best.

I owe a lot to her, just too much to tell you about.

She was well paid for her work.

Yet, how, I still think to myself, can one truly pay in money for what she gave to me?

Impossible, in fact.

These days, when using a Samsung appliance, I think to myself just how very lucky I was.

Times have changed.

Best to you....

Regards,

Gamma

Why the need to mention that she was "Black"?