Samsung Washing Machines? And, appliances? Garbage compared to GE/Westinghouse/Maytag?

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, transam said:

Isn't it strange, OP, our last Samsung wash machine lasted 11 years, never had one last that long back home.

My side by side Samsung fridge/freezer with ice maker had a new compressor fitted at 16 years old and is still going, so I don't really know what you are talking about...:coffee1:

I purchased a large refrigerator from Samsung, last October.

I love it.

As I posted here, many months ago....

The freezer goes down to minus 25 degrees C.

So, in this case, I would say that this Samsung refrigerator is a real winner.

Also, SUPER CHEAP at about Bt.18000, after deep discount.

Very pleased with this refrigerator.

Credit due where credit is earned.

(My Samsung Laser printer was GARBAGE, however....)

Edited by GammaGlobulin

2 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Samsung is GARBAGE....

In your opinion.

Personally I've found Samsung reliable, including their washing machines.

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, Stocky said:

In your opinion.

Personally I've found Samsung reliable, including their washing machines.

And, presumably, you love to have your clothes twisted in knots during each wash cycle.

Ups to you, of course.

I don't think so, I like virtually all Samsung products except for their TVs which have built in obsolescence and no availability of parts after 36 months. I've given up on their TVs. The entire product line other than the TVs I like very much. I have a 17 year old inverter AC that's going strong, I have a washing machine I have several other Samsung products that are excellent, including a Galaxy S23Ultra phone, which I love. 

43 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

And, presumably, you love to have your clothes twisted in knots during each wash cycle.

Ups to you, of course.

My wife does the washing, so I don't really give a hoot - and she's never complained.

On the occasions I've used the machine, I can't say I noticed any "clothes twisted in knots" - so would suspect operator error.

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I don't think so, I like virtually all Samsung products except for their TVs which have built in obsolescence and no availability of parts after 36 months. I've given up on their TVs. The entire product line other than the TVs I like very much. I have a 17 year old inverter AC that's going strong, I have a washing machine I have several other Samsung products that are excellent, including a Galaxy S23Ultra phone, which I love. 

So then...

You like knots, I guess.

Were you a Boy Scout?

image.png.297e900268b91b010ae7bd171721f42c.png

image.png.75bc3c959ec4589920672205c8beed1c.png

https://www.chinaexpatsociety.com/expat-life/the-perils-of-doing-laundry-in-china

a. I will not debate you on this issue.

b. Maybe you have never used a good washing machine in your life.  And therefore, you know no better.

c.  Impossible to debate a person who has not been to Paris, and the Louvre.....

2 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

So then...

You like knots, I guess.

Were you a Boy Scout?

image.png.297e900268b91b010ae7bd171721f42c.png

image.png.75bc3c959ec4589920672205c8beed1c.png

https://www.chinaexpatsociety.com/expat-life/the-perils-of-doing-laundry-in-china

a. I will not debate you on this issue.

b. Maybe you have never used a good washing machine in your life.  And therefore, you know no better.

c.  Impossible to debate a person who has not been to Paris, and the Louvre.....

You are taking a lot for granted, but then again it's been demonstrated over and over again that you love to argue with yourself, so there's no reason for me to engage. You have enough fun engaging yourself. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

You are taking a lot for granted, but then again it's been demonstrated over and over again that you love to argue with yourself, so there's no reason for me to engage. You have enough fun engaging yourself. 

Which is just another way of saying that you have never used a top quality washing machine.

And, you do not care.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Stocky said:

My wife does the washing, so I don't really give a hoot - and she's never complained.

On the occasions I've used the machine, I can't say I noticed any "clothes twisted in knots" - so would suspect operator error.

No.

NOT operator error.

Not.

Please read the entire article that I linked.

I will link once more:

image.png.cd6b9b8465c93f296d1dc22988e717fd.png

Also, this tying of clothes in knots can cause more rapid degradation of fabric.

If you still do not believe me...then....just contact any of the major suppliers in the USA, such as MayTag, Whirlpool, and others.

Why should you try to debate something that so obvious????

The information is freely available on the internet.

Just google it.

25 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Read this link, please, for a start:

15 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Who gives a flying <deleted> about your laundry!

You need to be cleaned out of the forum ASAP!

I find it interesting that you are able to express this viewpoint but others who criticize those who get experimental Covid shots have their post deleted.

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Compared to what I am used to, in the USA, in past years, Samsung provides cheap.....

Cheap garbage

I have mainly Samsung products throughout my homes, both UK and Thailand. I always insist on Samsung and that has proved to be a good policy for many years.

The one time that I varied from that and bought a Hisense TV because of a huge price difference was last year, within a few months the TV developed a colour fault which resulted in the TV being replaced. That doesn't instil me with confidence when the 3 year warranty runs out.

I did again sucumb to a big price advantage when I replaced my phone with a blatant Oppo copy of the current Samsung model (even the case fits both). Although the phone itself performs well, the Color operating system is full of bugs and tends to lose settings etc. Back to Samsung next time.

One Samsung TV has been fault free for over 7 years, the other for 5. My Samsung fridge freezer has been fault free for 11 years.

Cheap garbage? Far from it!

Edited by MangoKorat

18 minutes ago, WhatMeWorry said:

I find it interesting that you are able to express this viewpoint but others who criticize those who get experimental Covid shots have their post deleted.

There are two basic types of top-loading washing machines:

a.  agitator

b. impeller

The Samsung machines that I have used in Taiwan, Thailand, and one other country, have all been impeller machines.

The impeller machines twist and tie my clothes in knots, no matter what I do.

You can google this problem if you like.

Or, you can choose to not investigate this further.

All that I can tell you is that, before coming to Asia, I had never experienced this twisted-up knotting of clothes, not until I first used the impeller machines, or the machines in Taiwan which do not have agitators.

I guess that there are many like me, for example:

image.png.0608948a6c108c5055bad5034247e736.png

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/2432718/agitator-or-agitatorless-washers

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

I have mainly Samsung products throughout my homes, both UK and Thailand. I always insist on Samsung and that has proved to be a good policy for many years.

The one time that I varied from that and bought a Hisense TV because of a huge price difference was last year, within a few months the TV developed a colour fault which resulted in the TV being replaced. That doesn't instil me with confidence when the 3 year warranty runs out.

I did again sucumb to a big price adantage when I replaced my phone with a blatant Oppo copy of the current Samsung model (even the case fits both). Although the phone itself performs well, the Color operating system is full of bugs and tends to lose settings etc. Back to Samsung next time.

One Samsung TV has been fault free for over 7 years, the other for 5. My Samsung fridge freezer has been fault free for 11 years.

Cheap garbage? Far from it!

This Topic, I had thought, was about washing machines.

Specifically , the impeller washing machines which Samsung provides.

But, since you asked:

a. I like my Samsung refrigerator.

b. I hate my Samsung laser printer.

c. I love my Samsung Phones!

d. I did not like my Samsung AC

e. I do not like the Samsung clothes washers.

f.  I LOVE my Samsung SSDs!

etc

etc

etc

Note:  I never watch television.  If I did, maybe I would buy a Sony!  But, I would not buy a Samsung TV, for sure.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

2 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

This Topic, I had thought, was about washing machines.

Strange, the title says:

Samsung Washing Machines? And, appliances? Garbage compared to GE/Westinghouse/Maytag?

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

'The typical washer is a top loader' - really, which century are you living in?  Top loaders are old hat.

Side loaders are more efficient, and better, as far as I know.

Side loaders clean better....as far as I know.

Only problem is....

I have never seen one, either near the university, nor anywhere (around here), which can be coin-operated.

If I had seen one, I would have used it, for sure.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

2 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

Strange, the title says:

Yes. But, the topic is mostly about washing machines.

Sorry.

Therefore, please feel free to add any thoughts about other GE/Westinghouse/Maytag appliances.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Yes. But, the topic is mostly about washing machines.

😁😁😁

You can't say that it's 'mainly' about washing machines when you included 'and Appliances' in the title - there is no 'mainly', the topic is about what the title states.

Edited by MangoKorat

16 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

This never happened to me when I was young, on The Main Line, using quality machines with a far better design.

These days, after each wash, it takes me about 5 minutes to untangle the knots in my clothes.

Go back to the nanny states today, and you'll be sorely disappointed.  The washing machines (and dishwashers) today are low water usage, take twice as long and don't get the clothes (or dishes) nearly as clean as before.  Give me knots any time over a 90 minute cycle and still not smelling clean.

As far as the brands, there's so much incest that you never know what factory is making your appliances, regardless of whose nameplate goes on it.

Some of the names (Westinghouse comes to mind) don't really make anything.  They just use a long recognized name on products that come out of whatever factory makes them cheapest.  My Dad was a Westinghouse engineer for most of his career and when I was a kid, that's all we used.  Until they quit manufacturing, and started putting the nameplate on garbage.   By the time he died, he wouldn't have one in the house.