Bus driver killed, 47 students and teachers injured in accident in Korat

webfact

3 hours ago, digger70 said:

If you have lights and have your Eyes on the road and Nowhere Else there's

no need for rear and collisions.

I use to like driving trucks for work at night Much safer and Less distractions.

Have you ever driven at night in Thailand, yes or no

50 minutes ago, Almer said:

Have you ever driven at night in Thailand, yes or no

Yes, No difference than Anywhere else , Have to have Lights and keep your eyes open  And don't drive like an F1 driver .

2 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

From the linked report:

......bus crashed into the rear of a truck carrying sugarcane, as it was crossing from the in-bound to the outbound lane.......

Methinks you're confusing fast/slow lanes with in/outbound lanes.

Inbound lanes are heading into a city, outbound heading, well,....out.  Typically double lanes separated by a median, with occasional marked U-turns.  

I read this as the truck had left a sugar cane collection point, thus loaded, was on the highway heading towards some city/township, and had gotten into the lane intending to U-turn, and head back away from the city/town to a sugar cane processing plant on the opposite side of the highway.

I don't see where the article stated the truck driver moved suddenly from the low-speed inbound lane into the inbound passing lane, only that he was heading into the city, but needed to U-turn to head away from the city.

It's the responsibility of a professional bus driver to drive the appropriate speed for the conditions, especially at night thru an agricultural area during harvest season.

2 hours ago, NoDisplayName said:

Methinks you're confusing fast/slow lanes with in/outbound lanes.

Inbound lanes are heading into a city, outbound heading, well,....out.  Typically double lanes separated by a median, with occasional marked U-turns.  

I read this as the truck had left a sugar cane collection point, thus loaded, was on the highway heading towards some city/township, and had gotten into the lane intending to U-turn, and head back away from the city/town to a sugar cane processing plant on the opposite side of the highway.

I don't see where the article stated the truck driver moved suddenly from the low-speed inbound lane into the inbound passing lane, only that he was heading into the city, but needed to U-turn to head away from the city.

It's the responsibility of a professional bus driver to drive the appropriate speed for the conditions, especially at night thru an agricultural area during harvest season.

Yes, the bus was outbound. The truck was the other side of the median coming inbound but heading for a U-turn. Made the turn in front of the bus, a wide turn to get into the lefthand lane but was struck by the bus,

I agree the bus driver should have been prepared but may not have seen the truck when viewed side on. Either way, he paid the price.