Foreign Man Throws Glass At A Thai Woman In A Dog Cafe

webfact

6 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

I understand lately these foreigners did extremely stupid things, the swiss guy and now another one. My point is us foreigners here should be on their best behavior as I can envision some Thai folks trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill if you get the drift.

TBH I think these crappy foreigners are taking their frustrations off the Thais solely because of the extreme tolerance normal Thais show. They cannot do this in their own countries, so Thailand is the place.

Some Thai folks trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill... now this is a pure 'save face' statement. If this idiot threw the glass at the wrong Thai, may he RIP. So he chose a woman.

• Confused 2
  • Agree 2

6 hours ago, bbko said:

The perpetrator, a 60-year-old British citizen, confessed that he actually committed the crime. As for the cause, that was because he took anti-inflammatory drugs. Relieve toothache Make your consciousness not be with your body. Therefore, he lost consciousness and could not remember the events of that day.

So his excuse for rude behavior and assault is because he took some anti-inflammatory med??

This guys fairy-tale beets all Hans Christian Andersen's

According to Khaosod article, 18,000 baht payment was part of the settlement. Sounds like the guy's apology was heartfelt and the woman was satisfied with the outcome. Nice to see Pattaya's reputation as the home of happy endings remains intact.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Also possible, or simply hung over from prior indulgences.

Yapping dogs can be very irritating ... should be banned!

Why go into a dog café? Maybe was attracted to a canine, and followed unintentionally, due to the anti-inflammatory drugs.

• Haha 2

Just now, Gecko123 said:

I don't think the cops should be faulted for being pleased with amicable resolutions to disputes. I think they're just pleased that they've dodged a mountain of paperwork and going to court, plus I think a lot of Thai police see themselves as "keepers of the peace" and get genuine personal satisfaction when they play a role in helping to successfully resolve disputes.

Do you think the dispute should be resolved by bribery?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Same mentality as those who buy houses on the golf course and then complain of golf balls or golfers coming onto their property... or those same types who rent condos next to the pool area and complain about the noise of the swimmers... they hate everyone and everything in life.

Oh yes......Complain about swimming. Beyond absurd.....

6 hours ago, bbko said:

The perpetrator, a 60-year-old British citizen, confessed that he actually committed the crime. As for the cause, that was because he took anti-inflammatory drugs. Relieve toothache Make your consciousness not be with your body. Therefore, he lost consciousness and could not remember the events of that day.

So his excuse for rude behavior and assault is because he took some anti-inflammatory med??

Aspirin or acetaminophen?

All these stupid anti-social incidents and the jive excuses of things being out of their control, was the feast of Saint Bullpile this weekend?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

I don't think the cops should be faulted for being pleased with amicable resolutions to disputes. I think they're just pleased that they've dodged a mountain of paperwork and going to court, plus I think a lot of Thai police see themselves as "keepers of the peace" and get genuine personal satisfaction when they play a role in helping to successfully resolve disputes.

Agree+.  Try a lawyer on for similar agreement a kaaching!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

MY point is, many male foreigners in Thailand are elderly people whom have no option but to let their much younger Thai partners stand up for them.

I'm 82, and I find this rather feeble.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, cdemundo said:

I see a lot of calls for deportation.

Why not? :

stoning, could have community participation.

or save up a group of offenders and have group crucifixions, could sell tickets.

Deportation is so boring.

(for the benefit of the thick and slow, JK).

Disregarding the attempt to trivialize thru exaggeration, how 'bout some time in the monkey house for these perps before they're deported? Let's make things less comfortable for a while.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

PPTV36 are not so nice at hiding his identity. If he is a member here, let’s hear the excuses.

Is he from Liverpool?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, jacko45k said:

So people go sit drinking coffee in a room full of yapping mutts?

Why?

If they do, then why not throw glasses at them? Obviously, they deserve it.

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Grumpy season is here, must be the heat. 

Brits not used to heat, so it's OK.  What we have here is merely one of our dear lads, out just havin' a bit o' fun and got a little grumpy. Quite normal, expected. Lady should have bled out or visited a nearby clinic while he finished his drink. Sorted! As he said, quite rightly, "I don't care."

Nothing to see here, let the lads be lads.

Edited by BigStar
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, vinny41 said:

She wearing a t-shirt and shorts only if you lived in Saudi Arabia or Iran would that be considered half naked

6 hours ago, vinny41 said:

She wearing a t-shirt and shorts only if you lived in Saudi Arabia or Iran would that be considered half naked

Checked again, she is dressed exactly like the girls standing opposite to the entrance of Nana Plaza... I am only factual, nothing emotional whatsoever..

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Denim said:

ฝรั่งไหว้สวย   ( the falang wais beautifuly )

Iฝรั่งไหว้สวย ขอโทษปาแก้วโดนสาวเจ็บ อ้างกินยาแก้อักเสบ จำไม่ได้วันนั้นทำอะไรไป

The Thais love a bit of sarcasm as much as anyone. They used the same phrase with the Swiss guys visit to the cop shop.

The officers on duty certainly found it amusing.

Interesting photo. Ritual humiliation, which may not be too bad of an idea, as the two policemen look on and laugh.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gecko123 said:

Anybody remember that Indian guy who grabbed a Thai woman's butt at 2 AM on Walking street and ended up having to pay out - what was it - 250K? in compensation? He must be thinking, this guy throws a beer glass at someone and only has to pay out 18K, WTF?

That's an expensive butt touch!

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Amavalee provided an update stating that the Englishman told police that he was intoxicated from consuming medicine with alcohol. The foreigner agreed to apologise to the victim but refused to issue his apology via an interview with the media.

Amalavee insisted he apologise to her during the media interview. However, she did not disclose whether the foreign man agreed to her demand. Furthermore, she did not provide any updates on the legal proceedings or the compensation she had requested.

1) I need this type of medicine. 

2) She's doing it for media attention, not sincerity. 

3 hours ago, keith101 said:

I just got home after 2 weeks holiday in Pattaya and its very unlikely i will ever go back again , each year the place just gets worse IMO . Chiang Mai is only 2 1/2 drive from home instead of 9 hrs to Pattaya so much better for me anyway .

and the relevance to this story is what?

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

Checked again, she is dressed exactly like the girls standing opposite to the entrance of Nana Plaza... I am only factual, nothing emotional whatsoever..

Let's do try to denigrate her as much as possible, since we can't throw our own glasses. Feels so good; we need that.

• Agree 2

14 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Let's do try to denigrate her as much as possible, since we can't throw our own glasses. Feels so good; we need that.

As I said, just look at the facts..She got a nice flat, lean tummy, undoubtedly.

• Confused 3