Foreign Man Throws Glass At A Thai Woman In A Dog Cafe

webfact

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

A dog cafe is a dog cafe.

Why does someone who finds yapping dogs irritating choose to go to a dog cafe?  It's like choosing to sit at a playground and then complaining about the children running about.

Agreed...

But was this a 'Dog Cafe' ??? ...   as in a cafe, which has loads of dogs for guests to interact with ( at a charge i.e. xx baht for 30 mins etc)

OR, was it a cafe that also happened to allow people to bring their dogs to ??

Other outlets report the incident occurred at a "Pet Friendly Coffee-shop"...  

Thus: Its possible that the Brit thought he was in a 'normal cafe'.... i.e. he got there to what he thought was a normal quiet Coffee shop... Ordered, then someone turns up with a yappy dog spoiling the peace and quiet...   and he flips out  ???

I remember being in a restaurant (at the beach) in Rayong...  

We just ordered our food and a big dog came over....   I asked the owner who's dog is it, please take it away as there are young children in the group playing in the sand....    The owner said it was their dog and that dogs are a allowed there.

OK.. my mistake, no problem then, cancel that order for about 16 people.... Suddenly the dog was put on a lead. 

The point there - I didn't want the children to be playing in the sand, running around with an unknown dog right next to them (no matter how friendly it was)... but, I was at a 'pet friendly restaurant'...  I just didn't know it. 

19 minutes ago, billd766 said:

The simple answer is don't go into a café that allows dogs.

Common sense 101 and not rocket science.

Common sense 101.....    love it...     have you ever taken it ?...  passed the course ?

1) How can you tell if a Cafe allows dogs (if there are no dogs in it already) ?

2) Do you walk into every cafe you've ever been to and ask.. is this place dog friendly ?

3) What do you do if you go to an empty cafe, then only find out after ordering that its 'dog friendly' ?

4) What if you go to an empty cafe, then someone comes in with a yappy dog, its ruined your peace and quiet and you are now struggling to read your common-sense 101 hand book ?

• Confused 1

At first look I thought "dog cafe" was a wiseacre critique of the selection of, err, serving ladies at a certain beverage-serving establishment.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Enoon said:

Try a "Cat Cafe".

Reeks to high heaven of cat pi55.

Won't do that again!

Well dogs are better known for letting it go wherever! 

Neither of them seems particularly attractive to me.... although a lot of restaurants like to have mini zoos, and silky chickens, grouse, rabbits etc running around. One I know has a goat pen and now and again one gets their odour wafting over. 

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, ravip said:

Because they love mutts

Plenty of opportunity to share time and space with them elsewhere...... anyhow, whatever works as a business venture, just strikes me as unattractive and unhygienic. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Sheryl said:

A dog cafe is a dog cafe.

Why does someone who finds yapping dogs irritating choose to go to a dog cafe?  It's like choosing to sit at a playground and then complaining about the children running about.

I don't know. Perhaps is wasn't called ' The noisy yapping dogs' cafe?

Edited by jacko45k
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, billd766 said:

The simple answer is don't go into a café that allows dogs.

Common sense 101 and not rocket science.

Yes, I don't believe anyone is asking for answers to the obvious. 

Although some folks might be surprised by dogs being in a place serving drinks and likely some food items. 

Just now, Skipalongcassidy said:

Close enough that you reference it...

But not 'in' it as you posted....well out of town. What has that got to do with the topic?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

many here are trying to defend the indefensible,

Factually incorrect. Some, a minority have the gumption to see the incident as trivial. So trivial it shouldn't even get reported. ,

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 3/3/2024 at 7:37 PM, jacko45k said:

Also possible, or simply hung over from prior indulgences.

Yapping dogs can be very irritating ... should be banned!

Don't go to a dog cafe.  Pretty simple.  
I don't enjoy muay, so I don't go to matches.  Why would I go and get mad about it?
I see you're a quality farang.

13 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

then the Media is very 'Brit-centric' simply because of it being in English... so anything about Brits is more readily picked up by the Bots

No, not simply because it's in English. Note that it's in Brit English. Most of the writers/editors and local English media owners are Brits. The mods are mostly Brits. And so are most of the posters.

That's why.

So while local media plays to the average low Brit tabloid reader, they also don't wish to offend that readership. Brits end up being a sort of majority protected class, enjoying leeway with their native bigotry and prurience, whinging, throwing out countless negative comparisons of Thailand to the paradise of the UK, and making countless excuses whenever one of our good lads has been, oh, a bit naughty or just grumpy, cutting some Thai lady with a thrown glass. Amusingly, names of the perps are checked carefully to determine whether the perp lacks a traditional Anglo-Saxon name. If so, even if it's a French-derived name from a family living in England since William I, then he's not really a Brit.🙂 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Ben Zioner said:

Factually incorrect. Some, a minority have the gumption to see the incident as trivial. So trivial it shouldn't even get reported. ,

I still think you have something to do with this idiot, as you seem to want to defend him and shame her on every post.

I would like to agree with your comment, but that would just mean we both would then be wrong.

On 3/4/2024 at 6:05 AM, Georgealbert said:

PPTV36 are not so nice at hiding his identity. If he is a member here, let’s hear the excuses.

look at that f'ing headline... "IT HAPPENS AGAIN" yeah we are all monsters come and take us down

11 minutes ago, Lacrimas said:

look at that f'ing headline... "IT HAPPENS AGAIN" yeah we are all monsters come and take us down

The video is following on from the step incident story, just normal journalism, found everywhere.

IMG_2250.jpeg

A lot of people probably think the public apology is old fashioned but when you think about it it actually reflects a lot of insight into human nature. When someone "apologizes" for something in private they often turn around and tell their family and friends "I didn't really apologize" or "I just apologized because he/she was making such a stink about it," etc. With a public apology, the victim can rightfully claim that the offender really did apologize and did so in public which reduces the chances the offender will back track on the apology down the road or that the feud will flare up again. I think that shows that Thais are pretty insightful and take a pragmatic approach to dealing with human nature.

Edited by Gecko123

21 hours ago, Shetraveler said:

Don't go to a dog cafe.  Pretty simple.  
I don't enjoy muay, so I don't go to matches.  Why would I go and get mad about it?
I see you're a quality farang.

Yes, I walked on by the 'Happy Yappy Canine Caffein Cafe'.... I get enough doggy choruses courtesy of my neighbours thank you very much!

On 3/4/2024 at 2:27 AM, webfact said:

image.jpeg

HOT ON the heels of a Swiss businessman and his wife assaulting and verbally abusing a Thai female doctor who was sitting on the steps leading from their villa to Cape Yamu beach in Phuket, another foreign man threw a glass at a Thai woman in a Pattaya dog cafe and then ran away, Amarin TV said.

An X social media platform user who goes by the name Red Skull (@RedSkullxxx) related that the victim was playing with a dog which started barking loudly and annoyed the foreigner who threw a glass at her, cutting her arm which started bleeding.

However the dog was barking in a dog cafe where they are allowed to do so, he pointed out, adding that the unfortunate victim had no conflict with the foreign man prior to being attacked.

by TNR Staff

TOP: Pixelated image of a foreign man who threw a glass at a Thai woman cutting her arm at a Pattaya dog cafe. Photo: Amarin TV

Full story: THAI NEWSROOM 2024-03-04

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

Yet another Swiss dude. The 4th one in a week or two. Time to do a big crackdown on all Swiss here in Thailand and look at deporting all the bad Swiss boys. What's with the Swiss and violence against women, is it something that's part of their culture?

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Yet another Swiss dude. The 4th one in a week or two. Time to do a big crackdown on all Swiss here in Thailand and look at deporting all the bad Swiss boys. What's with the Swiss and violence against women, is it something that's part of their culture?

Nope. British. Dog might have been Swiss though.