Shock !!! Uttaradit Immigration Now Using 'Local Office Policy' To Charge For Transfer.

2 hours ago, hughrection said:

200 baht administration charge as local office policy to transfer stamps from old passport to new even though it is quite clear that this is a free service.

Which copies of pp did you provide.

I'm going to CW tomorrow to do this.

I have read couple of reports CW and another that the IO required bank book. 

Was never needed previously.  

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Maestro said:

If something like that happened to me I would ask for a receipt, saying that I need if for the tax declaration.

I tried that at Korat when I got an address confirmation @500 baht.  The door began to close...................

Although I hate that kind of thing, I needed the address confirmation to open a bank account.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

I tried that at Korat when I got an address confirmation @500 baht.  The door began to close...................

Although I hate that kind of thing, I needed the address confirmation to open a bank account.

You are referring to different thing. 

The OP is about transfer of stamps from old pp to new.

Your posts refer to "certificate of residence"

For most immigration offices the transfer is free.

Not so with COR

29 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You are referring to different thing. 

The OP is about transfer of stamps from old pp to new.

Your posts refer to "certificate of residence"

For most immigration offices the transfer is free.

Not so with COR

I am lucky at my SiSaKet Imm Office, they are always correct and helpful, and NO charges for transfer of stamps from old to new passport, nor for a Certificate of Residence.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Which copies of pp did you provide.

I'm going to CW tomorrow to do this.

I have read couple of reports CW and another that the IO required bank book. 

Was never needed previously.  

Shouldn't need copies of anything Jack.

They merely transfer stamps from old to new, noting original entry date to Thailand and the visa type (Non O) and the current permission of stay date stamp.

Did mine just a few months ago, no documents other than the form requesting transfer and old passport, no fee.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

airports dont do the stamp needed< u need go to ur immigration that issued ur last extension 

Nope. I was on overstay. Did everything at airport.

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Peabody said:

Nope. I was on overstay. Did everything at airport.

Nope, sorry, you're mistaken.

Assuming you obtained a new passport in Thailand then left with overstay, then your visa status was cancelled, and you didn't have any permission of stay to transfer as you were on overstay.
They merely transferred your old passport details into the new passport and presumably an overstay stamp.

Edited by Liquorice
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

It hasn't been 'officially free' for years, more than 10 at least.  As stated, most charge about 500.

It was free in 2016 in Chiang Rai. That was only 8 years ago.

1 hour ago, ripstanley said:

It was free in 2016 in Chiang Rai. That was only 8 years ago.

3 hours ago, KhunLA said:

It hasn't been 'officially free' for years, more than 10 at least.  As stated, most charge about 500.

• Sad 1

This thread has gone off track.

It's about a change of policy for transfer of stamps to new passport. Charge wise.

This is free at most offices.

Some have thrown in posts re charge for certificate of residence.  

Next there will be posts re dual pricing .

If folk want to post about charge for stamp transfer at their particular immigration office... great.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Liquorice said:

Shouldn't need copies of anything Jack.

They merely transfer stamps from old to new, noting original entry date to Thailand and the visa type (Non O) and the current permission of stay date stamp.

Did mine just a few months ago, no documents other than the form requesting transfer and old passport, no fee.

At Nonthaburi IO they made a point of telling me they wanted copies off all the pages of the Old Passport and New Passport when I did my next extension. I handed them the old passport book and copies off all the pages when I went for my extension in February, everything went smoothly. After that they said they wouldn't need those copies for future extensions. Not sure why they wanted them, but I kept them happy.

9 minutes ago, lordgrinz said:

At Nonthaburi IO they made a point of telling me they wanted copies off all the pages of the Old Passport and New Passport when I did my next extension.

I have learnt to disregard almost anything from Nonthanburi.

So you are stating that after attending immigration to have stamps transferred that for your next annual extensions you were required to provide ....what exactly.

Surely not copies of all old pp pages. 

FWIW here is snippet from form requesting transfer of stamps 

20240305_221745.jpg

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I have learnt to disregard almost anything from Nonthanburi.

So you are stating that after attending immigration to have stamps transferred that for your next annual extensions you were required to provide ....what exactly.

Surely not copies of all old pp pages. 

Yes, they wanted copies of all the pages from the old passport for the next extension only, after that they said they wouldn't be needed. Believe me, I wish all IO's did things exactly the same, and by the book, but we all know that isn't reality. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, lordgrinz said:

I wish all IO's did things exactly the same, and by the book, but we all know that isn't reality. 

Thinking that's a universal feeling throughout expat community.  

Maybe someone will start a thread in suitable forum ...

"Pet hate (annoying) thing living in Thailand"

For me (not in order) TM30, TM47,.... inconsistent requirements....

Best stop there. I'm sure folk could add to the list. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Liquorice said:

Nope, sorry, you're mistaken.

Assuming you obtained a new passport in Thailand then left with overstay, then your visa status was cancelled, and you didn't have any permission of stay to transfer as you were on overstay.
They merely transferred your old passport details into the new passport and presumably an overstay stamp.

Got it.

I was looking at the first stamp they gave me, which I can't read, but had my old PP# in my new PP.  Curious, if one enters visa exempt, does one have a visa status?

Yeah, got the OS stamp, 61 days! Mofos

14 minutes ago, Peabody said:

Curious, if one enters visa exempt, does one have a visa status?

No. You have a permission of stay 30 days.

Can be extended by 30 days

1 hour ago, Peabody said:

Curious, if one enters visa exempt, does one have a visa status?

No visa = no visa status.

In the arrival stamp, the immigration usually puts an illegible hand-written scribble, two Thai characters, denoting that your permission to stay is based on a visa-exempt entry. l saw this explained in a post some years ago.