Shock !!! Uttaradit Immigration Now Using 'Local Office Policy' To Charge For Transfer.

46 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

They wanted not just updated bank book but  also copy of all bank book pages.

She carefully checked the balances back till my last extension 

I don't know what extension you have, but money doesn't have to be held for the entire year does it, so I have no idea what she wanted it for. Maybe she doesn't know the rules. I'm sure that's why some IOs give us grief and 'make up' the rules - they simply don't know what is needed and what isn't and aren't deliberately being difficult. Last year I saw their rule book and it was about four centimetres thick. No wonder they might not know.

I rarely update my book so I suppose I'd have been sent away to get a bank letter.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I don't know what extension you have, but money doesn't have to be held for the entire year does it, so I have no idea what she wanted it for

If you are doing retirement on 800,000 baht in the bank, at no time can it go below 400,000

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I don't know what extension you have, but money doesn't have to be held for the entire year does it, so I have no idea what she wanted it for. Maybe she doesn't know the rules. I'm sure that's why some IOs give us grief and 'make up' the rules - they simply don't know what is needed and what isn't and aren't deliberately being difficult. Last year I saw their rule book and it was about four centimetres thick. No wonder they might not know.

I rarely update my book so I suppose I'd have been sent away to get a bank letter.

The io was a senior. 

Also the check doc chick also wanted it. 

Don't know what you mean by bank letter.

They wanted all pages photocopied and she carefully checked the balances back to my previous extension. 

I use money in bank method and maintain 800k+ all year round

1 hour ago, lordgrinz said:

Should we now put CW on your list of places to ignore? 😉

Actually the io was very nice and did all the photocopying of my 2 bank books. 

I'm moving to agent. Personal choice. 

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Don't know what you mean by bank letter.

If the passbook isn't updated regularly then it only shows the past three months, I believe. So if the full balance info wasn't in the passbook I'd need a letter from the bank showing I hadn't fallen below what is required.

15 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

If the passbook isn't updated regularly then it only shows the past three months, I believe. So if the full balance info wasn't in the passbook I'd need a letter from the bank showing I hadn't fallen below what is required.

A letter from the bank shows  nothing other than you are account owner and balance on day of issue. 

My extension was done 5 months ago.

They wanted balances in bank book back to last extension

Don't understand it's  not confusing.

So  bottom line is that for anyone transferring stamps at CW...."you need to proof of financial compliance " 

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

so I have no idea what she wanted it for. Maybe she doesn't know the rules. I'm sure that's why some IOs give us grief and 'make up' the rules - they simply don't know what is needed and what isn't and aren't deliberately being difficult.

It's simple ....... there is no fee for the transfer for you, buuuuut if she can find anything else that will create a problem then that's when the 'fee' will come up to make it go away.

It's immigration Thailand 101.

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

A letter from the bank shows  nothing other than you are account owner and balance on day of issue. 

The letter I get from the bank for my marriage extension shows all transactions, not just the balance.

9 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

The letter I get from the bank for my marriage extension shows all transactions, not just the balance.

That would be a bank Statement. 

Different animal. 

20 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

So just home now from trip to CW for transfer of stamps.

Apart from the list of what photocopies they require from old and new pp (list on back of form I posted earlier) 

They wanted not just updated bank book but  also copy of all bank book pages.

She carefully checked the balances back till my last extension 

In any event no more first hand reports re CW immigration from me. 

I'm moving to the Dark Side for extensions 

Edit: as I posted earlier....the reentry permit was not transferred as it was obtained at DMK.

If you are planning to renew your pp then obtain the permit at your immigration office so it can be transferred.  

Was an updated TM30 requested?

17 minutes ago, mokwit said:

Was an updated TM30 requested?

No. Not requested.

I did try to find out for annual extension if TM30 was requured and the io gave a strange reply. I put it down to lost in translation.

Bottom line is that anyone going to CW for transfer of stamps make sure to provide photocopies of your bank book pages back to start of current extension date.

Damn ridiculous 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I'm moving to agent. Personal choice.

As our visa mod it's ironic that you've given up doing it yourself, what chance do us mere mortals have....

17 hours ago, hughrection said:

Copy of the QR code please.

It should be sitting on all their desk every immigration office has a quality control QR code sitting on their desk go look for it or ask them for it stop writing on here and wasting time go and look for it yourself

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Re transfer of reentry permits...

Has anyone who obtained reentry permit at DMK had the permit transferred at the airport. 

Is it done at the reentry permit office just after passport control? 

Realize i  can travel just with both pp.

1 hour ago, arick said:

...every immigration office has a quality control QR code sitting on their desk...

@everybody except arick

Is it true that "every immigration office has a quality control QR code sitting on their desk"? Actually, I am not asking about ever immigration office, just about the one you are using.

12 hours ago, hughrection said:

Why so rude? I never seen it so I asked you where I could find it. A simple, 'it can be seen on their desks' would have been sufficient. Sheeeesh!

Ok hugerection 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/5/2024 at 10:58 AM, DrJack54 said:

You are referring to different thing. 

The OP is about transfer of stamps from old pp to new.

Your posts refer to "certificate of residence"

For most immigration offices the transfer is free.

Not so with COR

Certificates of residence should be free too. The only legitimate charges at immigration are on the board. 

The comment was valid. Showing corruption sometimes has to be accepted.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 3/6/2024 at 12:10 PM, DrJack54 said:

My extension was done 5 months ago.

They wanted balances in bank book back to last extension

Don't understand it's  not confusing.

So  bottom line is that for anyone transferring stamps at CW...."you need to proof of financial compliance " 

If your extension is based on money in the bank, that is.

51 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Certificates of residence should be free too

".....Should be free too" 

But in the main they aren't. 

Largest office CW, certificate of residence 200b 

1 hour ago, youreavinalaff said:

Certificates of residence should be free too.

I learnt a long time ago nothing is free, applicable even more so in LOS.

56 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

If your extension is based on money in the bank, that is.

Have no reason to believe that they wouldn't require the same for income method. 

Check each month for deposit. 65k

On 3/5/2024 at 1:09 PM, hughrection said:

Even in the sticks, they make up the rules as they go along. This was an office that was known to be helpful but now they are like all the rest.

200 baht administration charge as local office policy to transfer stamps from old passport to new even though it is quite clear that this is a free service.

Shouldn't really be surprised but still it is unfortunate.

A heads up to all who live in the province.

Unbelievable fuss about 200 baht!!  I just can't believe all the whing and sniveling over the cost of a Starbucks coffee - about US$5.65.  Of course, I assume you work for free, and so you believe Thai Immigration should, too!!

• Sad 3

3 hours ago, donmuang37 said:

Unbelievable fuss about 200 baht!!  I just can't believe all the whing and sniveling over the cost of a Starbucks coffee - about US$5.65.  Of course, I assume you work for free, and so you believe Thai Immigration should, too!!

If you can't understand that it has nothing to do with the 200 baht, then I can't help you.

Try this then - they charged 10,000 baht - does it make a difference to you now? 😞 Can you understand the fuss?

Thai immigration get a salary just like me and I make do. I don't charge ' clients' xtra money for services that are free because I am not corrupt. If they want to make more money then don't join the police. It's simple.

55 minutes ago, hughrection said:

If you can't understand that it has nothing to do with the 200 baht, then I can't help you.

You have informed folk of change to charge for transfer of stamps at Uttaradit.

Appreciated.

Time to close thread.