bank was no longer accepting new accts from AMERICANS,

12 hours ago, Presnock said:

Also, State Department Federal Credit Union (SDFCU.org) will also open accts for those without a US address.  One doesn't need to be an employee of the bank nor the govt.  Easy to do, when my BOA account was closed 5 years ago, (after 50 years a member) I joined the SDFCU, credit cards (various benefits for different cards) , etc.  For 5 years has been very helpful and no problems.

I’m going to have to look into that again.  I was once thinking about opening an account with them, but after reading a few negative reviews I decided against it.  

9 hours ago, jas007 said:

I’m going to have to look into that again.  I was once thinking about opening an account with them, but after reading a few negative reviews I decided against it.  

I sure don't understand any negative views.  My retirement check goes to that bank, then I forward whatever I want to my BKKB here and have never had a problem - once it took 2 days to get here so I sent a message asking if there was a problem - for 5 years, it has only been longer than 1 day for funds to arrive that one time.  My credit card is watched closely and if there is anything suspicious they advise me immediately with a free call telephone to advise them re payment, my wife and daughter were added to the account, not problem and always advise immediately about deposits.  Daughter needed a signed account membership from the bank for college application and 1 day later the bank provided said letter.  Always have responded immediately.  One thing you would have to do is to become a member in one of about 50 to a 100 organizations - i.e. I joined American Citizens Abroad but there are like I said many to choose from and no problems joining,.  From what I have been told by the organization ACA, once the account is opened with you as an ACA member one can not continue the membership the following year yet still retains the bank membership.  It is a US bank, funds are protected and should be no real problems in joining.  Like I said, the bank has been great for me, costs are minimal, and since I don't have or fake a US address I can relax as I don't think that they will close anytime soon.  Good luck